IGNORED

The Ebay/Gamestop/Craiglist/Amazon/Goodwill/etc rant thread

Quest4Nes

Events Helper · Posted
5 hours ago, Bonanza125 said:

This is from my experience even with a counter offer I would say 80% of buyers don't even get back to me. 10% reject the counter and 10% accept the counter.

I get it, it goes both ways, just that I expect if you put a best offer on there it should be used.  Im over it now tho.  I got what i wanted 🙂.

On 2/28/2020 at 10:54 PM, Jeevan said:

I hate people on ebay who have a best offer, but either ignore you or flat out reject the offer!  At least have the decency to make a counter offer!!!!!!   Frickin people I swear!

You should keep in mind that ebay auto enables best offer on any BIN listing.  So if they forgot to uncheck the box or though they already did then a lot of times your offer is the first time they realize it was even on there.  So if they didn't mean it to even be there then they were likely firm on their price, hence the counter.  Happens to me all the time, but I always send a message back like "hey sorry, wasn't meaning to accept offers on this" or whatever.

Events Helper · Posted
18 minutes ago, hyrulevyse said:

You should keep in mind that ebay auto enables best offer on any BIN listing.  So if they forgot to uncheck the box or though they already did then a lot of times your offer is the first time they realize it was even on there.  So if they didn't mean it to even be there then they were likely firm on their price, hence the counter.  Happens to me all the time, but I always send a message back like "hey sorry, wasn't meaning to accept offers on this" or whatever.

Well they didnt and they didnt respond to me when i emailed them 😛 haha, but still at least reject my offer if that is what happened.  Im sorry i just see a little common courtesy as doing what you do or rejecting offer.  That is all.  But i did not know that so thanks for the heads up.

I avoid best offer unless something is confusing to me.  I look at what stuff sells for, then I come in with the lower/average value, then since it's free tack on the +30% BIN (I miss 10%.)  I find I get a decent amount who just BIN stuff, some ride it out.

As to when I do offers to others, if someone comes back with some laughable/insulting counter I don't waste my time.  I straight up hit the decline button, and depending if someone was an ass about it I'll leave a note to wake up and check the sold listings or something along that line.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a sealed Game.com game on eBay, pictures and description showed good condition, so of course they ship it in a frickin' bubble mailer and it arrives with the box half crushed and the blister pack split open . It was less than $10 so I don't even feel like it's worth the time or effort to return it. So annoying. 

• 2 weeks later...

I had won something on an open bid and the seller messaged me saying it would be a bit late becasue he needed a special box (I assume a priority mail flat rate one).  I said no problem since I was not in a rush - and that he could send it at a cheaper rate since I was in no hurry.

One week later and nothing apparently had happened.  This morning I got a refund and notice that the seller had cancelled the order (no explanation given).  So I go to ebay and look for another - lo and behold the seller has relisted the item at the same starting price (which is what I won it at since no else bid on it)and the same shipping price.  

WTF?

Edit  - It gets stranger - I reread the cancellation notice and it says the reason was that the buyer cancelled the order.   Which I certainly did not. I wonder if the seller is aware that I can still leave feedback (it is a bit cumbersome but I can still do it.)

Second edit - I  messaged the seller and asked for an explanation for the cancellation (and why I was blamed for it) so I would know  what to leave for feedback.  Hopefully that will get his attention.   

Edited by Tabonga

Events Helper · Posted
12 hours ago, Tabonga said:

I had won something on an open bid and the seller messaged me saying it would be a bit late becasue he needed a special box (I assume a priority mail flat rate one).  I said no problem since I was not in a rush - and that he could send it at a cheaper rate since I was in no hurry.

One week later and nothing apparently had happened.  This morning I got a refund and notice that the seller had cancelled the order (no explanation given).  So I go to ebay and look for another - lo and behold the seller has relisted the item at the same starting price (which is what I won it at since no else bid on it)and the same shipping price.  

WTF?

Edit  - It gets stranger - I reread the cancellation notice and it says the reason was that the buyer cancelled the order.   Which I certainly did not. I wonder if the seller is aware that I can still leave feedback (it is a bit cumbersome but I can still do it.)

Second edit - I  messaged the seller and asked for an explanation for the cancellation (and why I was blamed for it) so I would know  what to leave for feedback.  Hopefully that will get his attention.   

sounds like a dirty mofo. to me!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I listed a game on ebay yesterday and got several offers. One guy had a million questions and requests for high res pics and sent a lowball offer. I told him I could get him pictures later, but I have many offers on it at the time. Then he asks the same million questions with a different account, buys the game with a third account and asks for those pictures before i ship. I just cancelled the order since by doing that he is preventing anyone else from making a purchase. I was 50/50 on whether I wanted to sell the game in the first place, but this is just annoying. If the dude is so gung ho about condition, buy a mint copy. Mine was clearly not. Nice shape, but clearly not mint/like new.

Edited by Kguillemette

3 hours ago, Kguillemette said:

I listed a game on ebay yesterday and got several offers. One guy had a million questions and requests for high res pics and sent a lowball offer. I told him I could get him pictures later, but I have many offers on it at the time. Then he asks the same million questions with a different account, buys the game with a third account and asks for those pictures before i ship. I just cancelled the order since by doing that he is preventing anyone else from making a purchase. I was 50/50 on whether I wanted to sell the game in the first place, but this is just annoying. If the dude is so gung ho about condition, buy a mint copy. Mine was clearly not. Nice shape, but clearly not mint/like new.

What game?

This isn’t so much of a rant as it is just... I’m not sure how to react or what to do. I don’t want to go into specifics but I contacted an online seller of games about an uncommon game I’m looking at, over $100. It’s hard to find, and I’m specifically looking for the North American version. 99% of what you see online is the PAL version. So I emailed them to ask if the copy they have is the NTSC and if I could possibly see pictures. They said that all of their games are NTSC (many people with the PAL copy of this game mistakenly list it as NTSC, so I’m hesitant) and they wouldn’t be able to send pics because their inventory changes every day and there’s no guarantee I would receive the photographed one. Okay, these aren’t unfair points, except that this game isn’t common at all so I don’t think you’re having multiple copies changing your hands over the next few days. (I get it, it’s so I don’t ask for pics now, buy it in a month, and then complain if it’s different). But also if I’m spending over $100, I’d like to see condition.

They said they offer a 90 day return policy. Would you guys risk buying something over $100 without seeing condition or being certain it’s the region you’re looking for?

Is it a good deal? Can you afford to wait for the next one?

There's not much risk in going for it, just be prepared for the hassle of returning it. 

And if its pal and he gives you a hard time about a return you can always open a case for not as described and get all your money back

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Strangest said:

This isn’t so much of a rant as it is just... I’m not sure how to react or what to do. I don’t want to go into specifics but I contacted an online seller of games about an uncommon game I’m looking at, over $100. It’s hard to find, and I’m specifically looking for the North American version. 99% of what you see online is the PAL version. So I emailed them to ask if the copy they have is the NTSC and if I could possibly see pictures. They said that all of their games are NTSC (many people with the PAL copy of this game mistakenly list it as NTSC, so I’m hesitant) and they wouldn’t be able to send pics because their inventory changes every day and there’s no guarantee I would receive the photographed one. Okay, these aren’t unfair points, except that this game isn’t common at all so I don’t think you’re having multiple copies changing your hands over the next few days. (I get it, it’s so I don’t ask for pics now, buy it in a month, and then complain if it’s different). But also if I’m spending over $100, I’d like to see condition.

They said they offer a 90 day return policy. Would you guys risk buying something over $100 without seeing condition or being certain it’s the region you’re looking for?

It just depends on how bad you want the item. Sometimes I'll roll the dice on something with no pics or bad pics. A few times it's paid off big time and a few times I drastically overpaid for a bad quality item. It's a gamble, but if he has a good return policy, you should be okay. Even if he doesn't, you now have evidence that he guaranteed it's the version you're looking for, so you should win a dispute without much effort.

Just got a brand new famicom mini. The pictures and description looked fine. When it arrived, the side of the box was torn where they tried to take a sticker off and it had holes in the top and back of the box. I requested a refund and they said no refund. I filed a return and they once again said no refunds. They said they sold a lot of these and that the images on the listing weren’t the actual console. Finally, they offered me $5. What a punk. I’m waiting until eBay can step in to give me a refund. This is trash. I will definitely neg this guy.

• Like 1

Returns on ebay are running rampant. 

another one today. Listed a marvel figure as a 4.5" figure. Also have a ruler in the picture showing its 4.5"

To keep my seller status i have to offer 30 day free returns. Ebay is a piece of shit company. This guy claims it looked like it was 3.75" version even though he knew I stated 4.5 so he bought it anyway. Then says it doesnt fit in his collection and would like a return on my dime. Of course ebay has streamlined returns to "help me". AKA auto approving them before I can even communicate with a buyer. I EFFING HATE EBAY so much

Ebay is now mandating all sellers to MAnaged Ebay payment processor starting in july. Cant even open another bank account since everything is drive thru only right now. Another payment processor is an accounting nightmare clusterfuck. Paypal has detailed reports. I have looked into what ebay provides. They dont go back currently more than 90 days still in their Ebay Payment processor records. And the reports do not have the details or filters paypal does. Just unbelievable this company. They announced this mandated phase in for me on managed payments a couple weeks ago at the beginning of the pandemic saying they were here to help in the pandemic by pushing me into managed payments. What a scumbag company using the virus as a reason to transition people. So many questions and their phone support has been down for weeks, so no one can call. The past year managed payments details have been very hard to come by. They have been keeping it secret under lock and key and dont want to say anything because they know the uproar when the details leak. They hold your money. Its not accessible instantly like paypal. Its ludicrous.

Edited by Quest4Nes

I remember something about them dumping paypal as preferred, but forcing using some other crap (like Mercari) where you have to use them, they temporarily steal your money while someone else gets the goods until they feel the buyer is happy.  There's nothing right or safe about that what so ever.  If they really do decide to dump PP entirely so you're forced only to use ebay I may just close the account.  I'll have to see what my other choices are, as loathsome as it may be facebook marketplace may start looking nice.

I hate Wal-Mart. It doesn't take a genius to figure out you should probably ship a product in a...oh idk...shipping box? Nope, they sent the item as is in it's own box...and it got written on by the post office, damaged and ripped in the mail...and I'm stuck wondering how to return this thing since I'm immunocompromised and it's not safe for me to just go out and drop something off at the post office.

Ebay screwed me somewhat.

I have not used it in two months, and I figured with all the stupid comments online of people barking 'free money' I relisted my left over stuff I had up last Jan/Feb and then rounded it up to just north of 50 listings.  Stuff has been selling like free crack, damn the +30% BIN on the stuff which is crazy.

Anyway the system fouled up in relisting it grabbed stuff that I had sold and re-listed like what I thought were a couple games, and I unchecked them before it went through to confirm on their tool.  I missed one, Super Mario Advance for all just $8+shipping(3).  Someone bought it quick.  I realized it was sold awhile back so I nicely wrote the person, and well here's the conversation so far.  You'd think this was some rare item and yes I'm leaving the user name as I didn't appreciate the snark.   That seemed just a bit threatening.  I was wanting to give them choices but now I'd like to smack them for the threat.

------------

Your previous message

Hey I hate to be writing you this, but I'm thinking this slipped through when i was filtering a couple month old re-listings I had when I stopped using the site last February. This game should not have been added and I had caught a couple others before they went live.

I do have a copy that's my own, but I'd prefer just to refund you if that would be fine.

New message from: 903kendallk (15Yellow Star)

Ebay transactions always have to be so difficult... I would prefer you honor the listing and the item I paid for and ship it. I'm not "ok" with you reimbursing it, but what can I do? Either you ship it, reimburse it, or I file for item not received with eBay.

3 hours ago, Tanooki said:

It's a 50/50 hit or miss. Some buyers are perfectly ok with it and appreciate the reply back and others don't accept anything but the item. I would just refund the buyer and if negative feedback is left just call Ebay and have it removed. It's a mistake and you get some people who get demanding and not realizing its just a transaction. 

Ebay screwed me somewhat.

I have not used it in two months, and I figured with all the stupid comments online of people barking 'free money' I relisted my left over stuff I had up last Jan/Feb and then rounded it up to just north of 50 listings.  Stuff has been selling like free crack, damn the +30% BIN on the stuff which is crazy.

Anyway the system fouled up in relisting it grabbed stuff that I had sold and re-listed like what I thought were a couple games, and I unchecked them before it went through to confirm on their tool.  I missed one, Super Mario Advance for all just $8+shipping(3).  Someone bought it quick.  I realized it was sold awhile back so I nicely wrote the person, and well here's the conversation so far.  You'd think this was some rare item and yes I'm leaving the user name as I didn't appreciate the snark.   That seemed just a bit threatening.  I was wanting to give them choices but now I'd like to smack them for the threat.

Moderator · Posted

Definitely need to rant/get help from anyone who might know this person, this isn't through ebay or the like but I think it fits here. I'm not going to namedrop him, but I think there are enough clues that anyone who knows him might recognize it and either give me a hand or some insight.

I wasn't able to go to PRGE last fall, but I heard this person would be there to appear on a panel as well as sell copies of his new homebrew for the NES. From what I understand, he had made this game for the Genesis and Sega CD previously, but was selling a small run for the NES to promote his TV show on which the game was based. He even runs a convention where he's from. I tried getting a proxy to pick up a copy on my behalf, but whenever he checked, this person was away from his booth.

So after PRGE wrapped up, I messaged him through facebook messenger and he said he had one copy left that I could purchase. Yay! He gave me his paypal info and I paid him. About a week went by and I hadn't heard from him, so I messaged him on facebook to follow up. No answer. I waited a couple of weeks and tried again. He said he was working on some bugs in the game so he could flash me a better version and would add some bonus items as a thank-you for my patience. I thanked him and said I was excited to play it. Then nothing. Two months went by, I followed up, no answer. I've followed up once a month for the past 3 months and he hasn't answered, according to facebook messenger he hasn't even read them. I tried messaging him through his profile for his TV show last week and saw he read it, but there's been no answer.

I wish I knew someone who knew him to politely inquire on my behalf because I don't think he ran off with my money. But I'm frustrated. This isn't some Kickstarter where the game is in-development and I'm one of those people spamming the comments section with "where's my game???" but I guess it's starting to feel like it. He said he had a copy left, I paid him, and then he kinda vanished.

• Sad 1