IGNORED

Fire Emblem 30th Anniversary: Original NES game coming to Switch for the first time in English and a limited collector’s package coming to select retailers

11 hours ago, Pendragonx said:

... Is this the same as the Famicom "Fire Emblem Gaiden"?
If so, about time they bring it over to the US.. shame they didn't do a physical version 😕

IMG_20201205_155515.jpg

No, it's completely different. What you hold in your hands is the second game, which was later remastered and released on the 3DS as Fire Emblem Echoes, the latter in my opinion is THE best Fire Emblem game ever released.

• Like 1

Curious if anyone is going to replace the paperweight with an actual working cartridge? I mean, there should be some hackers professionals out there that can reproduce a working cartridge using the new Fire Emblem art. Also, I'm curious if anyone knows anything about the localization?

Editorials Team · Posted

Oof, you'd have to drill out that acrylic, enough to fit the board inside, and then even if you managed to do that, it would look funny because the "sticker art" for the cart would be obscured by the board.

Maybe somehow cut it in half flatwise so you could carve out each half from the "inside," and polish it tirelessly so that it looks as flat, clear, and smooth as the outside. If the board could somehow be suspended in the acrylic, that would look neat, but obviously it would have to be a completely separate batch of resin, with a re-make of the sticker.

44 minutes ago, Splain said:

Oof, you'd have to drill out that acrylic, enough to fit the board inside, and then even if you managed to do that, it would look funny because the "sticker art" for the cart would be obscured by the board.

Maybe somehow cut it in half flatwise so you could carve out each half from the "inside," and polish it tirelessly so that it looks as flat, clear, and smooth as the outside. If the board could somehow be suspended in the acrylic, that would look neat, but obviously it would have to be a completely separate batch of resin, with a re-make of the sticker.

I was thinking someone would use a normal NES cart, only they would use the art on the acrylic for the NES cart, and if possible, the current localization, which I know nothing about at the moment 🙂

I forgot this came out.  Nintendo wrote me saying I had like 60 gold coins expiring in a couple weeks or so.  Maybe I should just pop for the game as I have 522 in all.  I don't see much of anything else I could care about burning it on.  I never was any much good at these titles but enjoy at times wasting some effort on it so maybe this could be a good choice.  Given all the goodies in the irrational release with no physical game, if I were hype on it I might have even gone for it like you all did.

20 hours ago, B.A. said:

I received my order Amazon today, but of course they shipped it loose banging around inside of a larger box.  So it took a beating...

Mine was shipped similarly but it had my Razer Kishi controller with it which held it in place and prevented jostling. Amazon packaging has really gone downhill. Meanwhile, I'm getting stuff from Target with packing material taking up 90% of the box.

If I get my orders from Best Buy, I will open up whichever is worse quality so I have one to enjoy.

On 12/5/2020 at 6:01 PM, Pendragonx said:

... Is this the same as the Famicom "Fire Emblem Gaiden"?
If so, about time they bring it over to the US.. shame they didn't do a physical version 😕

IMG_20201205_155515.jpg

I know that you can obtain Fire Emblem Gaiden as a NES reproduction cartridge to be able to play it with an American console, however, does anybody know if the first Fire Emblem has been unofficially released for the NES (reproduction) ? I'd be interested to play it on an original NES console.

3 hours ago, RetroMichel said:

I know that you can obtain Fire Emblem Gaiden as a NES reproduction cartridge to be able to play it with an American console, however, does anybody know if the first Fire Emblem has been unofficially released for the NES (reproduction) ? I'd be interested to play it on an original NES console.

Yeah, tons of people released Fire Emblem (English fan translation) on an NES cart.

My Best Buy order finally arrived.  It's in better shape, but still not as good as I had hoped.  I plan on returning the copy I got from Amazon.  If anyone doesn't mind some corner dings and wants it for cost let me know in the next couple days before I send it back. 

• Like 1

I'm tempted to take one of those off you guys.  My hang up over the kit was basically it's $50 for a bunch of fan service which lacked a couple things that would have nailed it for me for one in particular, physical media.  Perhaps without them dumping the game on a tiny cart for Switch, had they like had a printed strategy guide with stage maps, that would have likely equally made me go all in on it too.  I just don't have huge time to commit to getting lost and retrying a lot, and I'm not great at this genre so it would have been a boon.

That said, love all the rest that is there, but it would all be basically a one shot look and back in the box other than that kind of neat looking cart which would go on my game shelf or desk.

• Like 1