IGNORED

Gloves does Extra Life 2020!

Gloves

Administrator · Posted

Thanks so much to everyone who was able to join me today! I'm calling it at the 22 hour mark due to feeling nauseous; I have a hard stop at "feeling physically ill". Very happy making it 22 hours though, especially on around 6 hours of sleep the night prior.

Seriously, the donations and the well wishes and the games we played together, it all means the world to me. And in the end a bunch of money goes to a great cause. 

With a goal of $2250, the total raised came to $2940! Absolutely insane! Of course I am taking donations until the end of the year, so if you're feeling generous every dollar counts, so please feel free to contribute. Remember too that whatever I end the year at will be the base goal for next year! Make me work hard for the money! 😄

Thank you all, and good night!

• Like 4

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, Scrobins said:

@Glovesglad you liked Tanglewood! I caught the end of your gameplay just now. I'll be sure to remind you in a week about buying the cart...especially because watching you made me realize there are multiple endings, and you still need to see the good ending...

😧

• Haha 1

Administrator · Posted

$3,325

*confetti flies into the air*

Game Day has come and gone, and a few more donations have trickled in, and things have settled down. As the year comes closer and closer to a close I just wanted to toss another quick message cuz this is seriously on my mind regularly lately.

I just feel lucky to be surrounded by such giving people. My own life has somewhat mirrored the progress I've made on Extra Life. There were years where I was having trouble IRL, and those years tended to go poorly, or required some serious extra work to reach the goals. This year, despite covid and everything else, went so smoothly, and we collectively demolished the $2,250 goal by a whole extra half. I just feel super blessed to have all the supportive folks on VGS (and in my professional life) lending your hard earned money to the cause. In a year where ostensibly everyone should probably be pinching their pennies in the face of the unknown, the donations sky rocketed. 

I'm just super thankful, and wanted to say thanks, again. You all rock, seriously.

• Like 3