IGNORED

Lion King/ Aladdin Collectors edition variants

I was at Best Buy and saw they have multiple copies of the Lion King/Aladdin Collectors edition for Switch.

However, one of them seems to be in what appears to be a Genesis style clamshell case while the other is in a SNES style cardboard box... they are both for Switch. 

I wonder why they made two variants?

AB138DB7-27DD-4C3A-A252-00FA9D2C7E0C.thumb.jpeg.a80a0c34a5bb6f8e545e7c79b0cfe94f.jpeg

6 hours ago, 3rdStrongestMole said:

Maybe the "retro edition" as they're in keeping with Genesis and SNES/64 style and shape.

That's probably it. I can't remember if there's any difference between the games on the two platforms, but I imagine it's to spark nostalgia for whoever had one or the other.

Or a way to sell both because they know us collectors are insane. 😛

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tulpa said:

That's probably it. I can't remember if there's any difference between the games on the two platforms, but I imagine it's to spark nostalgia for whoever had one or the other.

Or a way to sell both because they know us collectors are insane. 😛

I get it now. The Lion king is the snes game and Aladdin is the Genesis version. So both cases are appropriate 

Edited by phart010

I wonder which will be more common, or if they will be about 50/50.  Functionally, I don't know why anyone would want the cardboard one.  It's not shaped the same AND it more easily damaged.  The Genesis case will look better in your Switch collection and the case if far more durable.

I doubt these will be worth anything in the future because everyone now looks at games both games and collectibles, but it will be interesting to see in 5-10 years which variation is more common as a CIB game vs. a sealed game.

Edited by RH
  • Like 1