IGNORED

What are your most wanted game sequels?

Makar

All I want a proper successor to Lost Planet 2. The game was incredible but had some rough edges that led to it being criminally underappreciated. A sequel that could polish up the problems would have been great, but alas, the Lost Planet 3 we got was total rubbish. I want them to just forget LP3 ever happened and give us a "proper" LP2 followup instead.

On 11/2/2019 at 2:50 PM, CMR said:

Dynowars

A long time ago I was working on updating the sprites to that game to give them a more modern post Jurassic Park look. I had ideas for making an unofficial sequel, but never got any further than editing the robo dino sprites. Some examples (I did a lot more than these) :

Edited by MeganJoanne
  • Like 1

Some top picks :

8 Eyes
Arkista's Ring
Bad Dudes
Deadly Towers
Dr Chaos
Dynowarz
Low G Man
G.I. Joe (always been a top needs-another-sequel for me)
Guardian Legend, The
Karnov
Kick Master
Legacy of the Wizard
Ninja Gaiden (taking place after NGIII, but on the SNES)
Shatterhand
Street Fighter 2010
Vice Project Doom
Wizards & Warriors (never even got a Super version on the SNES, they just let the series die)

8 hours ago, MeganJoanne said:

A long time ago I was working on updating the sprites to that game to give them a more modern post Jurassic Park look. I had ideas for making an unofficial sequel, but never got any further than editing the robo dino sprites. Some examples (I did a lot more than these) :

2008-10-8 Dynowarz - Ankylosaurus edit.png

2008-10-9 Dynowarz - Stegosaurus edit.png

2008-10-30 Dynowarz - Pachyrhinosaurus edit.png

2008-10-30 Dynowarz - Parasaurolophus edit.png

2008-10-30 Dynowarz - Utahraptor edit.png

2008-11-28 Dynowarz - Tyrannosaurus edit.png

Animated Pachyrhinosaurus.gif

Animated Parasaurolophus.gif

Animated Stegosaurus.gif

The Dynowarz love is real.  Those look awesome.

Even though sprite edits, still using a lot of the body details of the originals, they still at the time too a lot of work and several revisions for some of them. I had imagined unlike the actual Dynowarz game that you could walk past other robosaurs and in order for damage to occur there had to be an actual attack happening, so that way the game wouldn't be like the original with a pushing match that somehow always results in the enemy ramming into you and you trying to kill it quickly. Attacks would be with bites, tail swipes, clawing, jumping and assortments of laser weapons, bombs, the launch fist, but also specials for each dino type such as buzzsaw attack for the stegosaure, or flame horn of the pachyrhinosaure or seismic stomp of a brachiosaure, stuff like that. Somewhat like miniboss fights not too different than a game like Castle of Dragon or Sword Master, but you could keep moving through the stage though if you want. And platforming would be better for not just the guy but the cyborasaurus as well. Never did any sea related robosaurs but had plans to have water levels as well with huge underwater sea monster like robos. And sorta like Blaster Master the Cyborasaurus could get upgrades either from an end stage boss or from any of the other robosaurs. Also there would be interactivity with the scenery, so you could smash rocks or cause them to roll, knock over trees, destroy buildings, all sorts of fun shit. And still the game would remain in side view. If only I could do it, it would be a pretty damn good game. And yes, even though the game is very average or under average I've always liked it and thought it had a lot of potential to be so much better, but then I think that about most games I play.

@MeganJoanne Even though Legacy of the Wizard didn't have a sequel with the exact same gamestyle, it was actually part of a long-running series and some even consider Faxanadu to be the follow-up. But it was the fourth installment of the Dragon Slayer franchise, most of which never made it outside of Japan. There was the original Dragon Slayer, Xanadu I and II, Romancia, Sorcerian, Dragon Slayer: The Legend of Heroes I and II (the first one made it to the US on the Turbo Duo), Lord Monarch and The Legend of Xanadu: Kaze no Densetsu Xanadu I and II. Both Lord Monarch and The Legend of Heroes became a subseries of their own with many sequels. The Legend of Heroes still goes on today with Trails of Cold Steel etc.

So even if we didn't get an exact sequel, there are many similar games.

Chrono Trigger. 

I read/saw a video somewhere that SE basically confirmed that they wouldn't mind doing this but, basically, it's $$$ that determines which games get sequels.  Specifically regarding Chrono, people need to vote with their money.  Chrono Chross didn't do well and, I think, you can still by the GH PS1 copy from their site.  To SE, because no one likes/buys that sequel, they aren't looking to make another one.

So, if you want a sequel, pay-download for Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross from every digital site you can find which, you know, isn't the right answer.

Gotta get Golden Sun 4. 3 wasn't quite as good as the first two, but it left such a huge cliffhanger of an ending. Camelot said in a 2012 interview they would make it if the fans really wanted it. Definitely one of the most underrated RPG franchises in history, probably because it has always been on handheld.

Suikoden 6 was mentioned.  Here’s ones I would like to see that I haven’t seen mentioned yet.

Jade Empire.  A martial arts skinned KOTOR with an improved combat system.  How in the world did this not get a sequel?

Uncharted Waters: New Horizons.  6 interlaced stories that had different gameplay for most of them.  Want a combat focused game?  Check.  Want to spend most of your time exploring?  Check.  Become the most prolific trader in the world?  Well you can do that too.  So much opportunity here.

Brigandine.  My personal favorite tactics game of all time.  Tons of characters, loads of personality, deep strategy, engrossing story, pixies, vampires, and dragons OH MY.  Man I’m really wanting more of this game.