IGNORED

What are your most wanted game sequels?

Makar

I always wanted a pokemon snap on the 3ds. Would have been so cool to use the gyroscope sensors.

Another one would be a new F-Zero with simple controls, a decent story mode, and online VS.

And the one I'd enjoy the most would be a new 2d castlevania game on console. The 3d style never appealed to me. The same can be said for metroid and ninja gaiden.

Xenogears, that's actually a Xenogears sequel and not a spiritual successor.  Mech-heavy would be awesome too.

There are a ton of racing games out there, but bring back the Cruis'n series.  One of may favorite.

I'm pretty sure we're going to get a new Octopath Traveler with time, but I'm going to throw it out there.

Axiom Verge.  I sound like a broken record sharing this one, but it's definitely my favorite indie game. Tom Happ has mentioned he'd like to make more, but his social media threads have been dormant a while, and that makes me sad. 😢

Turok could be cool.  Maybe with the LRG re-releases coming out, it will get peoples attention.

I could probably list 100 more if I thought about it.  There's a lot of dead IP universes that need a reboot or new game and it's criminal that they've not seen one in 10 years.

Oh, for me, I'd love to see a killer remake of Altered Beast.  It's not everyone ones cup-o-tea, and many people consider it to be just a "meh" game.  Regardless, I can't picture any arcade from the late-80s/early-90s without an Altered Beast cab.  It's like it was your standard purchase when setting up a game section in any arcade/pizza joint/skate rink.  If you had 3-5 games, or more, you had Altered Beast.  I'd like to see it renewed.

6 hours ago, RH said:

Xenogears, that's actually a Xenogears sequel and not a spiritual successor.  Mech-heavy would be awesome too.

This is one of the few games that I actually believe does deserve a remake, and no those Xenosaga games do not count.  That second disc just...didn't work.

Edited by peg

If anyone remembers the online-only game Wulfram 2, that would be cool to have back.

Everything major I love has sequels already. I mean, I wouldn't mind another 2D Ninja Gaiden, Super Mario Bros., or Out Run, but I have a bunch of those I already enjoy. My thing is I get annoyed whenever we get a lazy years-old re-release or remaster instead of just making some new levels and giving us a brand new game. I'm looking at you Nintendo Switch. We could easily have already had a new NSMBU, DKC, Captain Toad, and Mario Kart right now with some actual development effort!

Edited by DefaultGen

A sequel to Chrono Trigger would be nice.

On 10/28/2019 at 4:15 PM, peg said:

This is one of the few games that I actually believe does deserve a remake, and no those Xenosaga games do not count.  That second disc just...didn't work.

When I first played through Xenogears, the major shift in rythm at the beginning of the second disc threw me off a bit, but I kept playing through the game and I felt like the change of pace was a style choice. It had that "Last time! on Xenogears!..." vibe even tho it wasn't past events being summarized. I dunno. It worked for me.

I don't mind it, and I don't want them to re-do it.

I don't know that the plot left much to build from to do a proper sequel, but a "new threat for and aged Fei" kind thing could work, even if it's less epic.

Edited by WhyNotZoidberg

9 minutes ago, WhyNotZoidberg said:

A sequel to Chrono Trigger would be nice.

When I first played through Xenogears, the major shift in rythm at the beginning of the second disc threw me off a bit, but I kept playing through the game and I felt like the change of pace was a style choice. It had that "Last time! on Xenogears!..." vibe even tho it wasn't past events being summarized. I dunno. It worked for me.

I don't mind it, and I don't want them to re-do it.

I don't know that the plot left much to build from to do a proper sequel, but a "new threat for and aged Fei" kind thing could work, even if it's less epic.

Not a fan of Chrono Cross either eh?

I'd still like an Act Raiser 3 that loses the filth of the second and retains the modes balance and charm of the first.  I tried Sol Seraph, got fed up with the poorly handled town development setup and the almost laggy input on the action stages.  Had it been a physical release I'd have sold it.

8 hours ago, peg said:

Totally agree, Chrono Cross was just ok but as a sequel to CT it fails miserably.  It does have an incredible soundtrack though, got to give it that at least.

Agree on all points, especially the soundtrack being amazing. I actually had some of the town music play while guests were seating at my wedding.

Edited by cj_robot