IGNORED

Playstation Radio - Any info??

Could it possibly be a fake?

In developing countries you’ll often see stuff like this for sale in markets. They sell cheap Chinese junk and they’ll slap a logo from a well known company on it to try and improve the chances that it sells. I’ve seen cheap portable DVD players that are all identical with peel-off stickers logos of Sony, Philips, LG, Samsung and they’re all the exact same cheapo product.

You don’t tend to see this stuff in the US because it doesn’t get past US customs. But it’s very common in other countries with less customs enforcement. I wonder if this is just some fake merch that someone branded as PlayStation...? 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, phart010 said:

Could it possibly be a fake?

In developing countries you’ll often see stuff like this for sale in markets. They sell cheap Chinese junk and they’ll slap a logo from a well known company on it to try and improve the chances that it sells. I’ve seen cheap portable DVD players that are all identical with peel-off stickers logos of Sony, Philips, LG, Samsung and they’re all the exact same cheapo product.

You don’t tend to see this stuff in the US because it doesn’t get past US customs. But it’s very common in other countries with less customs enforcement. I wonder if this is just some fake merch that someone branded as PlayStation...? 

If we could get much closer looks both outside and in maybe we could find/figure it out?

I don't think that would help.  I think you'll need an authoritative human reference or something photographic to back up anything worth considering a solid source.

To me, you know what that looks like, and this is from experience... trade show mass cheaply made fodder to advertise.  I was at E3 in 2000-02, and you'd see mass run stuff like this with little electronics, mugs, and other stuff they could cheaply run an emblem on a low cost product to get the name out there.  For Sony, that's probably a dollar radio at best they had their logo attached to, and could hand this out to the press and trade show visitors hoping they'd wear it or display it on their tables while using it so the name is out there.  No different than product placements in tv shows etc.  Almost amazing how when on TV the hand never covers the logo always facing the camera when you drink that can of soda.

• Like 1