IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Zombie Nation

BeaIank

@BeaIank @Richardhead

Oops!  My mistake.  If you 1cc the game, afterwards you have to wait out the music during the "Press start" screen.  THEN it shows you the high scores.  I didn't even know till I just left the game on while posting on here.  Sorry about that!!

This is not my score but what the screen looks like.  

20201012_113455.jpg

• Wow! 1

2 minutes ago, guitarzombie said:

@BeaIank @Richardhead

Oops!  My mistake.  If you 1cc the game, afterwards you have to wait out the music during the "Press start" screen.  THEN it shows you the high scores.  I didn't even know till I just left the game on while posting on here.  Sorry about that!!

20201012_113455.jpg

I’d be willing to play again!

40 minutes ago, guitarzombie said:

@BeaIank @Richardhead

20201012_113455.jpg

I saw that when I played yesterday morning and I completely forgot about it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Turns out you were better than you thought! Great score!

Thank you!  I guess I was so used to playing on Easy that certain tough areas I took for granted or tanked through.  Im sure this score is beatable but with the random nature of the game/enemies its hard to know if you're going to or not while playing.  It seems like the average score for a 1CC is like 450-470ish.  If someone beats this, im not looking to beat their score so this'll be my last entry.  Im very happy just to 1CC it on hard.

Thank you!  I guess I was so used to playing on Easy that certain tough areas I took for granted or tanked through.  Im sure this score is beatable but with the random nature of the game/enemies its hard to know if you're going to or not while playing.  It seems like the average score for a 1CC is like 450-470ish.  If someone beats this, im not looking to beat their score so this'll be my last entry.  Im very happy just to 1CC it on hard.

I've been able to clear it on easy, but I haven't tried it on hard yet. I'm not really into shooters, but this is a fun game.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I've been able to clear it on easy, but I haven't tried it on hard yet. I'm not really into shooters, but this is a fun game.

why even play on easy? im like @Richardhead i hadnt played this game before and just started playing on hard when i saw it on the schedule. 

5 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

why even play on easy? im like @Richardhead i hadnt played this game before and just started playing on hard when i saw it on the schedule. 

Just to get a playthrough in. I hadn't really spent any time on it until last week. I guess I should have known if there's a hard mode, that's what we are playing.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

To me if the game gives you an easy option, why not use it, if it doesn't affect the ending.  I would also imagine since the default is EASY, thats how the programmers intended you to play the game until you found it too easy and wanted a challenge.  I don't follow this schedule but did the schedule say it was going to be on hard?  Or has that just been the theme of any game that has that difficulty, to play on the hardest setting.

31 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Just to get a playthrough in. I hadn't really spent any time on it until last week. I guess I should have known if there's a hard mode, that's what we are playing.

The easy mode is the better game. It looks like the only way they increased the difficulty was by making it harder to control. WHY??

24 minutes ago, guitarzombie said:

To me if the game gives you an easy option, why not use it, if it doesn't affect the ending.  I would also imagine since the default is EASY, thats how the programmers intended you to play the game until you found it too easy and wanted a challenge.  I don't follow this schedule but did the schedule say it was going to be on hard?  Or has that just been the theme of any game that has that difficulty, to play on the hardest setting.

thats a nice opinion of the programmers intent.

we almost always play on the most difficult setting.

btw is that an official score for the contest or are you just throwing that out like chum?

30 minutes ago, guitarzombie said:

It seems that like when there has been a difficulty option, the rules have been to play on hard mode. I personally prefer to start on easy and get the hang of the game first.

17 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

btw is that an official score for the contest or are you just throwing that out like chum?

My 1CC score I posted?  Hell yes thats for the contest!  I just wanted to be able to 1CC it on hard mode at least once.  If it gets beaten later, i'm not gonna try to get do better.  Im content with just that.

The next game I love that I always struggle with on hard is "Die Hard".  I love the idea of it being random but the enemies are just too strong.

My 1CC score I posted?  Hell yes thats for the contest!  I just wanted to be able to 1CC it on hard mode at least once.  If it gets beaten later, i'm not gonna try to get do better.  Im content with just that.

The next game I love that I always struggle with on hard is "Die Hard".  I love the idea of it being random but the enemies are just too strong.

Leave it to skinny to think a 1cc score is trolling people. 😂

• Like 1