IGNORED

when someone asks for a price, so you let them know and then they never reply.

docile tapeworm

I sometimes don't reply simply because I forget because I get too many DM's, Text, Emails, @'s and Alerts in a single day on different platforms because I'm constantly messaging people about rare stuff and information.

I just went through my messages here on VGS alone and found out I owe someone $20 for NWC photos :V

Edited by ThePhleo
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

I sometimes don't reply simply because I forget because I get too many DM's, Text, Emails, @'s and Alerts in a single day on different platforms because I'm constantly messaging people about rare stuff and information.

I just went through my messages here on VGS alone and found out I owe someone $20 for NWC photos :V

But you did get back to them.  It might have taken a month, but you responded. 😉

4 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I'm guessing it's more of a "they don't want to pay the asking price" than anything. It would still be common courtesy to let you know that they aren't interested so you're not holding it for them in case other people do want it. 

i guess so. i dont hold items for anyone unless they make a commitment to buy. i just dont understand inquiring about a price, receiving it and then not replying. 

I do that very thing.  If someone doesn't list a price, and I ask, and depending what they come back it goes three ways.

I reply in the positive, I reply with a maybe negative(counter), or I just am done with you then and there.

Why would I not reply?  Because you're f'ing nuts and either clearly too stupid to realize you're not selling gold bricks or you're scum and looking for a sucker.  Either way I'm done dealing with you and it's not worth wasting my time getting out some crayons to make it simple for you.  At that point you're not worth my time so I just stop bothering to respond as it's easier that way.

Moderator · Posted

I’ve had the opposite problem where I reach out to a seller to ask about something in their FS thread. Then nothing. I see they’ve logged on, I see they’ve read my PM, but there’s no response. It’s ok if you don’t have what I’m asking about anymore, just tell me so and update your thread. Do you not like money?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Scrobins said:

I’ve had the opposite problem where I reach out to a seller to ask about something in their FS thread. Then nothing. I see they’ve logged on, I see they’ve read my PM, but there’s no response. It’s ok if you don’t have what I’m asking about anymore, just tell me so and update your thread. Do you not like money?

It's always fun when you message a seller and can't get a price. I'm literally saying name your price and get no response.

Moderator · Posted
1 minute ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

It's always fun when you message a seller and can't get a price. I'm literally saying name your price and get no response.

And stranger still when it’s a member who isn’t very engaged here and whose ENTIRE presence revolves around their one FS thread. So I know I didn’t get lost in your inbox.

If the price isn't right for me I won't respond. Why would I? I'm done with the conversation and I've moved on.

What's even worse is when someone asks me for a price, I tell them and then they respond with, "OK." You just wasted my time having to go and check the message, I would have preferred nothing at all.

3 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I do that very thing.  If someone doesn't list a price, and I ask, and depending what they come back it goes three ways.

I reply in the positive, I reply with a maybe negative(counter), or I just am done with you then and there.

Why would I not reply?  Because you're f'ing nuts and either clearly too stupid to realize you're not selling gold bricks or you're scum and looking for a sucker.  Either way I'm done dealing with you and it's not worth wasting my time getting out some crayons to make it simple for you.  At that point you're not worth my time so I just stop bothering to respond as it's easier that way.

1 hour ago, Code Monkey said:

If the price isn't right for me I won't respond. Why would I? I'm done with the conversation and I've moved on.

What's even worse is when someone asks me for a price, I tell them and then they respond with, "OK." You just wasted my time having to go and check the message, I would have preferred nothing at all.

damn. i feel like its disrespectful to ask for a price only to ignore someone once they have given an answer.

Edited by docile tapeworm
  • Like 4

Events Team · Posted
5 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

damn. i feel like its disrespectful to ask for a price only to ignore someone once they have given an answer.

Yeah.  Especially if something is for offer and you throw out a price on request.  You at least deserve a "thanks."

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Scrobins said:

I’ve had the opposite problem where I reach out to a seller to ask about something in their FS thread. Then nothing. I see they’ve logged on, I see they’ve read my PM, but there’s no response.

This has been most of my experiences.  It's frustrating.  

I'm not even going to bother running around for a price anymore.  Unless it's something super rare, just list the price in the thread.  If it says FO in the thread title, I'm not even likely to click it anymore.

• Like 2

On 10/6/2020 at 7:25 PM, docile tapeworm said:

And I understand that, but I find it equally disrespectful for a seller to either maliciously try and rip off a buyer whether it was with intent or out of incompetence as you should know what you're selling and what it is worth.

• Like 1