IGNORED

General Game Night Discussion Thread

Jeevan

14 hours ago, Jeevan said:

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/worms-wmd-switch/

Thoughts for a gamenight???  Do tournament style gameplay??????  What does everyone think?

Yeah, I wouldn't mind playing Worms, Tetris, or whatever multiplayer game that's available for Switch. Also, weren't you and Mega Tank talking about Splatoon 2?

Edited by MegaMan52

Events Helper · Posted
7 hours ago, MegaMan52 said:

Yeah, I wouldn't mind playing Worms, Tetris, or whatever multiplayer game that's available for Switch. Also, weren't you and Mega Tank talking about Splatoon 2?

yes but apparently its 50 bux?  Not sure the normal game nighter would buy it 🤣  Worms is like 8 bux

11 hours ago, Jeevan said:

yes but apparently its 50 bux?  Not sure the normal game nighter would buy it 🤣  Worms is like 8 bux

Does any place do game rentals anymore?

Edit: looked up the physical price of worms and wooooo weeeee, digital is looking like a much nicer price

Edited by drxandy

1 hour ago, Jeevan said:

I honestly don't know.  We have none here that i am aware of in my town/city.  Family Video turned into a Dollar General and that was the last place I knew of that did it.........

Yeah same here! Maybe online? Perhaps one-day digital rentals will be a thing. All I know is splatoon is great and I wish cost of entry wasn't an issue.

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
6 minutes ago, drxandy said:

Yeah same here! Maybe online? Perhaps one-day digital rentals will be a thing. All I know is splatoon is great and I wish cost of entry wasn't an issue.

ya, 50 bux is a little high for possibly twice a month lol, that being said, if anyone has it already, let me know maybe we have enough to put it up on the poll?

• The title was changed to Game Night for 3/6/2021 Tetris 99 6pm EST start time as normal
Events Helper · Posted

Ok, i will do a write up for last game night and this one as well, i have just been super busy trying to beat all the n64 games, and finishing up survivor along with normal day to day stuff.  So I promise it will be there eventually.  

Hope you all look forward to tetris 99 tonight.  Please join us on discord if you wanna play.  That is where we will do room code etc.  Which is a little weird to do, but easy enough.

• Like 3

• The title was changed to Game Night for 3/20/2021 TBD 6pm EST start time as normal
Social Team · Posted
On 2/24/2021 at 9:47 AM, Jeevan said:

ya, 50 bux is a little high for possibly twice a month lol, that being said, if anyone has it already, let me know maybe we have enough to put it up on the poll?

You should have a game inventory poll and conduct it once every other month to see what games we could be playing.  Maybe have people suggest a game they have be listed and that could be a subtle hint for people to be on the look out for the game as it would a fun one to play together.

Splatoon is a good example.  I wouldn't be surprised it a lot of us have it already just like Mario Kart.  

Edited by FireHazard51
  • Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
3 minutes ago, FireHazard51 said:

You should have a game inventory poll and conduct it once every other month to see what games we could be playing.  Maybe have people suggest a game they have be listed and that could be a subtle hint for people to be on the look out for the game as it would a fun one to play together.

Splatoon is a good example.  I wouldn't be surprised it a lot of us have it already just like Mario Kart.  

I can do that, i just dont want to hog the top of the forum section with pinned material 😉  So i kinda put it here in the mix, a lot of games we have played have been suggested.  But im always open to more!  That being said, maybe ill start a thread and just not pin it but link it in the OG post here.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Game Night for 3/20/2021 Worms W.M.D. for switch 6pm EST start time as normal
Social Team · Posted

Well I did it.....I added to the calendar.  I'm going to play around with it for the the next few game nights.  You laugh but reminders are kinda nice for me at least.  And honestly....even I have a hard time find this damn thread so maybe we can get some more people to show

Season 4 Lets See GIF by The Office

• Love 1

• The title was changed to Game Night for 4/3/2021 AMONG US NEW MAP 6pm EST start time as normal
Administrator · Posted
40 minutes ago, Mega Tank said:

I believe @Gloves played on the Switch once and wasn't very positive on the experience of playing this game on the Switch. It is only $4, but still...

It's definitely not the ideal way to play, by far. That said, if you have no other option, I'd opt for joining us over not.

• Like 1

Social Team · Posted
5 hours ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Sorry I missed it, was on my way home from my trip down to Texas so I didn't have the chance to play it, which I didn't even realize until the day of, haha. Would've loved to have joined in!

There are calendar events now....I typically make the at least a week before the event.  Something I'm trying out.  So far the alerts don't work for me as I don't check my e-mails often enough 😅