IGNORED

The hype machine at work

DefaultGen

18 hours ago, OptOut said:

Unbelievable! You mean ONE man (and his presumably sexually-dissatisfied wife) managed to track down TWO copies of the world's rarest game?! 😲

What sorcery could he have used to achieve this herculean task?!!!

I'm  honestly still confused about the first one though, did we ever determine for sure if it was a man or a woman who had it?

• 5 months later...
On 10/3/2020 at 2:28 AM, DefaultGen said:

Hey keep those secret, me and Johnny both want SMB Special, lol.

I’ve had many chances to get these CIB over the years for less than $100 sometimes as low as $40.

Always hesitated then declined because your essentially buying cardboard. Those old magnetized floppy disks just don’t seem very appealing to me, they might even be rotted out from all the years.

• 3 months later...
On 11/12/2020 at 11:17 PM, OptOut said:

It's a dude, using his menopausal wife as his profile picture and model in his ebay listings.

I've seen this before; it was a loose cart of contra or something, but the cart was presented by a scantily clad woman, who was holding the cart right square in front of her leopard-print bikini cleavage. Didn't make me want to buy it, but sure made for a memorable listing.

The other listing I can't forget is a dude who posed a copy of doom for 32x next to a pepper grinder, a container of parmesan cheese, and a jar of pasta sauce. Definitely a hard one to copy and pass off as your own ultra-fast loose cart of a loose fart of a game!

10 minutes ago, koifish said:

I've seen this before; it was a loose cart of contra or something, but the cart was presented by a scantily clad woman, who was holding the cart right square in front of her leopard-print bikini cleavage. Didn't make me want to buy it, but sure made for a memorable listing.

The other listing I can't forget is a dude who posed a copy of doom for 32x next to a pepper grinder, a container of parmesan cheese, and a jar of pasta sauce. Definitely a hard one to copy and pass off as your own ultra-fast loose cart of a loose fart of a game!

Hey, I LIKE Doom on 32x! 😅

9 hours ago, OptOut said:

Oh yeah, the soundtrack sucks ass, I will agree! Actually, most 32x games have TERRIBLE soundtracks and sound design in general! 😵

It's honestly shocking; You can tell that they were crushed on making the 32X port. It's almost impressive how doom got so many bad or ill-fitting ports. Not sure if you've seen this, but a fellow went and remixed every track on FM synth, as sort of a demo of how 32X Doom should have sounded (and honestly it's amazing it didn't, FM synth is perfect for rock guitar stuff).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, koifish said:

It's honestly shocking; You can tell that they were crushed on making the 32X port. It's almost impressive how doom got so many bad or ill-fitting ports. Not sure if you've seen this, but a fellow went and remixed every track on FM synth, as sort of a demo of how 32X Doom should have sounded (and honestly it's amazing it didn't, FM synth is perfect for rock guitar stuff).

Boy that sounds amazing.  How did Sega mess this port up so bad?

Is there a way to get a rom of this to play on my 32x via Everdrive?  I am not asking for the rom, just curious if it exists out there......  somewhere.... 

Edited by tbone3969

Sega messed up quite a few things bad, or at least their partners did when making games.  Doom 32X is famous, but so is Street Fighter 2 CE as well on Genesis where the voices are so offset and muffled it makes DPCM recorded samples on NES sound clean and high fidelity. 😄  Like that Doom 32X as it should be clip, someone did the same with a patch for SF2CE and it rivals the clean quality of the PCE release which says a lot as it's exceptionally on point.

I think Sega was unfortunate; In the case of Japanese developers, they may have gotten the short end of the stick in terms of talent and effort (given it was the third-place console in that region). In the case of Doom for 32X however, it was simply a rushed port.

I don't know if there's a romhack for the fixed music or not. That video only referenced a .wad you could download for doom on computer.