IGNORED

Where’s My musicians at?

MrWunderful

8 hours ago, Yelir said:

The body/neck/pickups are all good, but under blacklight I've noticed there are two hole indents right under the bridge. I think it either came stock with a tailpiece or one of the past owners did the mod, I'm not sure about that part. Otherwise it's all there. 🙂

Being a ‘71 it may have had a bigsby trem, that was later changed to a stoptail. Gibson used a few different style trems back then. This is the best picture I could find for reference. In my dealings I have come across quite a few 70s and 80s Gibsons that were retro fitted with stoptail instead of the stock trems. 

E50A03E5-C9D6-40D7-80C5-32552764E463.jpeg.b2e5c66532e908257d3c32caa4813794.jpeg

• 3 years later...

Necro bumping this to say thank you to @CasualCart , as I commissioned to create some new artwork for a band shirt design. We ended up using the artwork as our current logo on our Facebook our Instagram. We love the art, thank you dude!

Side note, if you are interested in fast skate punk, you can follow us here:

https://www.instagram.com/heatwavesne/

https://www.facebook.com/HeatWavesNE

We don't have a lot of music online yet. Our album is done recording, we are just doing the mixing and mastering and then we will get it up onto streaming platforms and get a vinyl pressed, and probably a few CDs just for good measure. 

1322160236_HeatWavesGraphicGreySmallest.png.dbff20fc06bfcb04cad0ef046c484f4b.png

Edit: We also have an older logo I did in the Ghosts and Goblins style:

smallgglogo.png.51d359e45beeac8cb384c90c80cf48dc.png

Edited by CodysGameRoom
  • Like 2

16702804443203875575378376848650.jpg.192f16de507fce579c3f078319f2df20.jpgHoly necro!

I did eventually get myself not the strike pro, as that's just our of price range, but the Nitro Mesh. Great bang for the buck. I try to get in at least 45 minutes a day, sometimes jamming, sometimes playing songs, and sometimes just rudiments and practicing traveling around the kit. Simple twin cobra bass pedal on there. While you can never replicate what the Roland can do on here, if you are on a budget of $500 or less, there's no better mesh kit out there.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Anyone know of any paiste alphas in their local area? I'm specifically looking for the 21" groove ride. I'll offer a finders fee as this cymbal is getting near impossible to find. My local guitar center has a 20" alpha full ride, which is close to the sound I want, but I'm nostalgic for that groove ride. It's the same one I had last time I played in a band.

4 hours ago, Kguillemette said:

Anyone know of any paiste alphas in their local area? I'm specifically looking for the 21" groove ride. I'll offer a finders fee as this cymbal is getting near impossible to find. My local guitar center has a 20" alpha full ride, which is close to the sound I want, but I'm nostalgic for that groove ride. It's the same one I had last time I played in a band.

Im looking for a ride as well, so ill keep an eye out. Im piecing together a small cafe kit to jam with some guys from work. 
IMG_3898.jpeg.ab9e29d30ec3a4ced3661c4abba48d68.jpeg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

Im looking for a ride as well, so ill keep an eye out. Im piecing together a small cafe kit to jam with some guys from work. 
IMG_3898.jpeg.ab9e29d30ec3a4ced3661c4abba48d68.jpeg

Awesome! Let me know if there's anything specific you are looking for also. They had a 2002 ride that might sound really good in a cafe setting, super dry and crispy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kguillemette said:

Awesome! Let me know if there's anything specific you are looking for also. They had a 2002 ride that might sound really good in a cafe setting, super dry and crispy.

My dream would be a raw hand hammered dark sound with with a huge cutting bell. Fast decay.

My goal is to piece this kit together without just going and buying a ton of brand new stuff online. Mainly looking for some used gear with a bit of time on it. I 100% cannot play acoustic at my house and love my roland Td-50 K, so going bare bones.  If this work thing turns into a thing, I will probably look at getting “exactly” what I want. 

For now just need something to jam to some 80s-now classics in a three piece. 

Edited by MrWunderful

1 hour ago, MrWunderful said:

My dream would be a raw hand hammered dark sound with with a huge cutting bell. Fast decay.

My goal is to piece this kit together without just going and buying a ton of brand new stuff online. Mainly looking for some used gear with a bit of time on it. I 100% cannot play acoustic at my house and love my roland Td-50 K, so going bare bones.  If this work thing turns into a thing, I will probably look at getting “exactly” what I want. 

For now just need something to jam to some 80s-now classics in a three piece. 

A guy who works at a local mom and pop music store brought up a great point. If it has seen a lot of use, it's because it was great to begin with.