IGNORED

CasualCart's 2020 Ink-tober Thread

T-Pac

1 hour ago, OptOut said:

If anyone is wondering, I would sure as SHIT sell any one of my fantastic art pieces to the highest bidder. In fact, I would sell any one of @CasualCart's pieces too!

I got an Ink Jet printer ready to GO, my PayPal is on standby and ready to receive! 🤑

You never made one mentioning me, but I’d also pay for one of your art pieces as well...as long as it was printed on the worst inkjet possible. Preferably one that was low on ink with streaks.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

You never made one mentioning me, but I’d also pay for one of your art pieces as well...as long as it was printed on the worst inkjet possible. Preferably one that was low on ink with streaks.

Well he is using a wireless printer that only prints with the cord plugged in. 

• Haha 1

On 11/1/2020 at 8:32 AM, Makar said:

Lol who am I emailing now? If Yacht Club Games responds often, I'm sure there are a couple other companies who would also respond.

Heck, we have have a bunch of talented people here. If Dankey Kang and that cornball game (whatever it was called) can come to fruition, maybe Opty 64 can too!

RIP Fiery Reign

s-l640.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Graphics Team · Posted
14 hours ago, Sumez said:

Nintendo only owns like a two or three or so of the properties you did.

Right - I was just using Nintendo's response as a baseline for how to treat all of the IPs. Nintendo is notoriously strict about this stuff, so I figured if I got the 'okay' from them, I was in the clear for all the others.

-CasualCart

10 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I really doubt Nintendo's legal team is going to take the time to hunt down a guy on a video game forum for selling a few of his original interpretive drawings of their characters. I've seen prints of original art featuring Nintendo characters for sale and as far as I know, they aren't licensed.

Yeah, there's no way they'd care about some random forum user selling his reinterpreted Nintendo art. I should've clarified that my concern was over ethics and legality, not the probability of being hunted down by game companies.

-CasualCart

19 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

Aww.

Well if something changes let me know! I’ll even buy a print if you don’t want to sell the original.

I've thought it over and found a solution. My ethical dilemma was about making a profit on something I'm not legally allowed to sell. But I figure if I were to just give these away for the cost of postage, then I'd keep a clear conscience about distributing artwork that may or may not be 'fair use' of copyrighted IPs.

That being said - if anyone wants some of the original marker-drawings from my Ink-tober series, just reach out and I'll send them to you for the cost of postage.

-CasualCart

• Like 2

Events Helper · Posted
14 minutes ago, CasualCart said:

Right - I was just using Nintendo's response as a baseline for how to treat all of the IPs. Nintendo is notoriously strict about this stuff, so I figured if I got the 'okay' from them, I was in the clear for all the others.

-CasualCart

Yeah, there's no way they'd care about some random forum user selling his reinterpreted Nintendo art. I should've clarified that my concern was over ethics and legality, not the probability of being hunted down by game companies.

-CasualCart

I've thought it over and found a solution. My ethical dilemma was about making a profit on something I'm not legally allowed to sell. But I figure if I were to just give these away for the cost of postage, then I'd keep a clear conscience about distributing artwork that may or may not be 'fair use' of copyrighted IPs.

That being said - if anyone wants some of the original marker-drawings from my Ink-tober series, just reach out and I'll send them to you for the cost of postage.

-CasualCart

I was gonna say do something for charity, but up to you good sir!!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CasualCart said:

-CasualCart

-CasualCart

-CasualCart

Giving them away is a really cool thing to do. Like @Jeevan suggested, a charity sale/auction might be a good idea too.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Events Team · Posted
3 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

I’d like to publicly thank @CasualCart for the awesome new avatar and the new centerpieces of my collection!

A4305201-A2F7-4297-91DD-EF762319AF06.jpeg

Nice, it looks good!

What're we at, like, half of the entire userbase of VGS having avatars made by @CasualCart now? 😆

• Haha 2