IGNORED

Haradius Zero - NES Homebrew for sale exclusively on VGS!

Gloves

Homebrew Team · Posted
26 minutes ago, matthughson said:

Thanks for putting this together @neodolphino! Store experience was super smooth @Deadeye/ @Gloves, although I think requiring a VGS account is a bit of a barrier for larger releases.

Perhaps, but if making a free account for a great site is that much of a barrier... >.>

:D

• Like 4

Administrator · Posted

Just wanted to let everyone know that the majority of these have been shipped out. They will take a bit to get to people outside of the US (I've yet to receive mine! 😭), but I see some folks are already receiving theirs in the States. 

There are a few orders yet to be shipped that have come in today/yesterday, but the rest are out and on their way!

• Like 2

Homebrew Team · Posted
1 hour ago, fcgamer said:

This is good stuff!

How's the quality of the case / box?

I think the quality is good.  The inside holds the manual and cart well.  Not a universal case design, so everything is meant to hold NES and that shows.  The plastic is firm and closes tightly.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Deadeye said:

I think the quality is good.  The inside holds the manual and cart well.  Not a universal case design, so everything is meant to hold NES and that shows.  The plastic is firm and closes tightly.  

But is the case Plastic thick or brittle?

That was one of my (unmentioned) complaints about the famicom release, the case felt very very cheap, felt very easy to break compared to Sega MD cases, as a comparison.

2 hours ago, fcgamer said:

But is the case Plastic thick or brittle?

That was one of my (unmentioned) complaints about the famicom release, the case felt very very cheap, felt very easy to break compared to Sega MD cases, as a comparison.

It's a standard NES case from https://www.customgamecases.com/. They aren't quite as durable as a Sega MD case, but I've had several for a few years and never had a problem with them. Just don't drop them on concrete and you should be fine (I knocked a chip out of one like that once).

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2020 at 10:58 PM, Gloves said:

We are pleased to announce that IN ONE HOUR FROM NOW(!) we will be offering 50 copies of Haradius Zero by Impact Soft for the NES in the official VGS Store!!!

The game is on the store now, and stock will be added at 6pm EST today.

Our own @neodolphino is handling this release, bringing the game to you all the way from Japan! It's important to note that he has himself worked closely with the original developer to bring this game to us on NES! Proceeds from the sale will be going to the dev, with a small kickback to VGS's "keep the site running" coffers.

This will be a phased release, with 50 available today, and 50 more being added tomorrow (and more after that, TBD).

You can see some gameplay in this random youtube video I found just now:

Is this one of those releases where there's an empty white square and a black ass marker is manually gonna fill in whatever number from 1-100 a specific copy is?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gloves said:

no

Good good. Also the fact that it's a plastic case as opposed to cardboard, when we collect NES we gotta accept what was given to us but there's really no advantage in it being it cardboard.

Since the game is homebrew and already departs from the originals anyway this is the right choice to make.

• 3 weeks later...