IGNORED

Haradius Zero - NES Homebrew for sale exclusively on VGS!

Gloves

Administrator · Posted

We are pleased to announce that IN ONE HOUR FROM NOW(!) we will be offering 50 copies of Haradius Zero by Impact Soft for the NES in the official VGS Store!!!

The game is on the store now, and stock will be added at 6pm EST today.

Our own @neodolphino is handling this release, bringing the game to you all the way from Japan! It's important to note that he has himself worked closely with the original developer to bring this game to us on NES! Proceeds from the sale will be going to the dev, with a small kickback to VGS's "keep the site running" coffers.

This will be a phased release, with 50 available today, and 50 more being added tomorrow (and more after that, TBD).

You can see some gameplay in this random youtube video I found just now:

• Like 11

Administrator · Posted
6 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Question, is this a hack or homebrew? or, a hack of a homebrew?? 

It sounds like the developer has officially sanctioned this English release? I just want to know, thanks 🙂

@neodolphino can better speak to the whole picture, but it's a homebrew. The dev originally made it on the MSX in (I believe) 1991. He's since ported it to the Famicom, and now Neo has his blessing to release it in the west on NES!

• Like 1

Homebrew Team · Posted
18 minutes ago, Gloves said:

@neodolphino can better speak to the whole picture, but it's a homebrew. The dev originally made it on the MSX in (I believe) 1991. He's since ported it to the Famicom, and now Neo has his blessing to release it in the west on NES!

Exactly all of this. 🙂