IGNORED

Disc resurfacing $1.00 per disc

Pats1717

On 3/19/2021 at 10:07 AM, goldenpp72 said:

I have a lot of ps1 stuff that works ok but has aesthetic issues or, poor prior buffs, how would you say you fair on those? I have a lot of disc on various systems i'd need to work up list for so, would be interested in trying you out for sure. Basically will the disc look nice or is this more about function?

Sorry for the delay in response did not see the update. I think usually the discs come out really nice, but some of the tricky things are when they are extremely scratched it is hard to tell what it is going to come out like. 99% of the discs comet very nice with maybe a minimal visual scratching. Sometimes they come out pretty mint like. Every disc is different. I suggest sending a small amount of each you describe and let me run them and send them back. I think you will be surprised at the quality you can get. 

I always caution about over resurfacing because if a game works and you are keeping it for now why sand a layer off it. That is up to the individual 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2021 at 7:05 PM, Pats1717 said:

Sorry for the delay in response did not see the update. I think usually the discs come out really nice, but some of the tricky things are when they are extremely scratched it is hard to tell what it is going to come out like. 99% of the discs comet very nice with maybe a minimal visual scratching. Sometimes they come out pretty mint like. Every disc is different. I suggest sending a small amount of each you describe and let me run them and send them back. I think you will be surprised at the quality you can get. 

I always caution about over resurfacing because if a game works and you are keeping it for now why sand a layer off it. That is up to the individual 

Sorry I didn't see this, I'm definitely open to sending stuff in for a trial run, I'd just need to go sort stuff. This is going to be a dumb question but, is there any way to tell it's been buffed without the swirl marks some leave? Like is it plausible to see if you are gonna overdo it or is it just kind of buyer discretion? 

Either way, I might work on going through a batch of ps1 games and seeing how we do since I keep reading good things. I'll shoot a message your way, thanks!

50 minutes ago, goldenpp72 said:

Sorry I didn't see this, I'm definitely open to sending stuff in for a trial run, I'd just need to go sort stuff. This is going to be a dumb question but, is there any way to tell it's been buffed without the swirl marks some leave? Like is it plausible to see if you are gonna overdo it or is it just kind of buyer discretion? 

Either way, I might work on going through a batch of ps1 games and seeing how we do since I keep reading good things. I'll shoot a message your way, thanks!

For the most part you will not notice that it has been resurfaced. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just received a batch of discs back and couldn't be happier with the results.  I don't see any faint circles or other signs of resurfacing.  Discs were done quickly and shipped back right away.

I appreciate you offering this service to the members here and I plan to send more in the future.  Very pleased, thanks!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RH said:

I have a Gamecube game I'd like to get resurfaced, maybe.  Can I get a photo of what they look like when they are finished?  How fine/noticeable is the polishing on the surface?

I have had like 20+ GameCube game discs resurfaced. They all look good and all work perfectly. Games included: Pokémon XD, Pokémon Colosseum, Super Mario Sunshine, Melee, and Luigis Mansion.

4 hours ago, RH said:

I have a Gamecube game I'd like to get resurfaced, maybe.  Can I get a photo of what they look like when they are finished?  How fine/noticeable is the polishing on the surface?

On gamecube you won’t notice the disc comes out pretty minty

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay this might be impossible to see in this picture,  but I have a copy of Sonic Adventure (i know, you already said Dreamcast games are hit or miss) and it looks super clean, but it won't read.

Tested other games in the Dreamcast so I assume it's the disc. I can only see this weird discoloration on it,  almost like a faint coffee stain (only way I can describe it).

Did someone botch a resurface on this game already? Or is it salvageable? 

20210906_102338.jpg

On 9/6/2021 at 11:29 AM, 3rdStrongestMole said:

Okay this might be impossible to see in this picture,  but I have a copy of Sonic Adventure (i know, you already said Dreamcast games are hit or miss) and it looks super clean, but it won't read.

Tested other games in the Dreamcast so I assume it's the disc. I can only see this weird discoloration on it,  almost like a faint coffee stain (only way I can describe it).

Did someone botch a resurface on this game already? Or is it salvageable? 

20210906_102338.jpg

In my opinion it looks like it was resurfaced and at too high of a setting. Wii games with the gold back disc (smash bros, zumba world party, hip hop dance experience, and I think a few others) all get the same types of issues. 

As always if it doesn't work at all it is worth a shot. Maybe not mailing to me but if someplace local to you has a machine. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

are people sending in games that work already? i find loose stuff often in the wild but alot are scratched. they boot and play. but im trying to flip/trade them. i have no way of testing them all 100%. i usually play for 5 min mess around in the menus and thats it. it would be nice if i could get them buffed so i could be more confident in a sale.

21 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

are people sending in games that work already? i find loose stuff often in the wild but alot are scratched. they boot and play. 

From the start my main concern regarding scratches is that sure, it might start out working okay but what happens when you get to the part of the game affected by the scratch? 😞 

All the more reason starting with the sixth gen I always bought disc games new...and made sure to stay far away from GameStop where they claim its new but it's not in the original shrinkwrap so it's not really new.

I know especially back then they pressed really hard for customers to buy games used (sorry, pre-owned) but for disc games that just seemed WAY too risky.

Edited by Estil

5 minutes ago, Estil said:

From the start my main concern regarding scratches is that sure, it might start out working okay but what happens when you get to the part of the game affected by the scratch? 😞 

thats my concern. and like i said i cant test all the games 100%. if im keeping it i dont mind. but selling i cant claim "working", on a scratched disc i havent played 100%. id rather be able to say "game has been resurfaced".

Edited by docile tapeworm

On 10/8/2021 at 11:11 PM, docile tapeworm said:

are people sending in games that work already? i find loose stuff often in the wild but alot are scratched. they boot and play. but im trying to flip/trade them. i have no way of testing them all 100%. i usually play for 5 min mess around in the menus and thats it. it would be nice if i could get them buffed so i could be more confident in a sale.

Yeah, I do that.   

More expensive stuff I'll play longer, but for your cheaper titles that's about all the longer I do as well.

If you send in something with a deeper scratch (that'll catch your fingernail when lightly taken across the disc) maybe test those out a bit longer.   

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2021 at 11:11 PM, docile tapeworm said:

Yeah sometimes its a mixed bag really. It depends on the system really. If you would be disappointed seeing that as a consumer I would resurface it unless It is like Saturn or sega cd and even gamecube to an extent. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...