IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Krazy Kreatures

BeaIank

Here's a first go.  I've always really like this one, just never played it consistently due to the frantic nature and what that can do to the hands and arms...  I remember playing it intensely when I first got it and then frequently thinking "OUCH" for a day or two after.

2nd go..

Edited by PII
New Score Update

On 9/22/2020 at 12:01 PM, Bearcat-Doug said:

I was going to try it and it must not have been in the ROM pack that I downloaded. Maybe unlicensed games have issues. Didnt you have trouble getting Micro Machines to work too?

You jinxed me with this post. Finally found the SD converter again. Added it to the flash cart and the rom is apparently not compatible. Flashes a little then goes to a black screen. Is anyone playing this on an emulator or flash cart and having success? If so, pm with a working rom would be awesome. Nicies has been using the site where I got the rom. He plays directly on the web though rather than downloading the rom and using an emulator. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, NESfiend said:

You jinxed me with this post. Finally found the SD converter again. Added it to the flash cart and the rom is apparently not compatible. Flashes a little then goes to a black screen. Is anyone playing this on an emulator or flash cart and having success? If so, pm with a working rom would be awesome. Nicies has been using the site where I got the rom. He plays directly on the web though rather than downloading the rom and using an emulator. 

Did you find one that works yet?

8 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Did you find one that works yet?

Ninji pointed me in the direction of one that works in an everdrive, but didnt work on my flash cart. Thanks for the try anyway! Running out of time and options. Ill probably just go online and play the way nicies did to get a participation score. With no controller, you can bet it will be last. 

9 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Ninji pointed me in the direction of one that works in an everdrive, but didnt work on my flash cart. Thanks for the try anyway! Running out of time and options. Ill probably just go online and play the way nicies did to get a participation score. With no controller, you can bet it will be last. 

You have a PowerPak right? I think there are some games that it can't play, so that might be the issue. 

Graphics Team · Posted
On 9/23/2020 at 12:51 PM, mbd39 said:

I love Tetris. I also like Palamedes because it's more like an action game disguised as a puzzle game.

You must be quick to think and react - my reflexes are too slow for those twitch-puzzle games, so I prefer the kind where you plan things out and execute at your own pace (Kwirk, Lolo, etc.)

-CasualCart

31 minutes ago, CasualCart said:

You must be quick to think and react - my reflexes are too slow for those twitch-puzzle games, so I prefer the kind where you plan things out and execute at your own pace (Kwirk, Lolo, etc.)

-CasualCart

It takes hours and hours of practice over many months to get the muscle memory so you can have those quick reactions. Trust me, I was awful at Tetris at first. Then it becomes like touch typing.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

144,840 - Played just one game today, but got the rhythm better than I did late last night. Will try to improve on it tomorrow evening. Its actually a really fun game. A little long for my taste. I think I got to wave 23 or 24. Not sure how many there are. 

20200926_151337.jpg

Congrats on the score.

I can't do this game for some reason. By wave 10 the screen quickly fills up, I can't react in time, and I'm done. I must be missing something obvious because It's one of those games that seems easy for nearly everybody else.

Edited by mbd39
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mbd39 said:

Congrats on the score.

I can't do this game for some reason. By wave 10 the screen quickly fills up, I can't react in time, and I'm done. I must be missing something obvious because It's one of those games that seems easy for nearly everybody else.

Concentrate on getting enough matches to beat the level.  The number matches needed is in the lower left.  Once you get enough matches, the pieces stop coming in, and you get a counter to make as many matches as possible or just hit B to take points for time remaining.  It does get harder near the end, but you shouldn't have trouble getting past level 10.

1 hour ago, mbd39 said:

Congrats on the score.

I would have said the same as bert. I saw Nicies making crosses to get big bonus points so I was doing that and trying to point rack. Today I just did a run to see how long I could survive. You can cruise to 100k if you just stick to basics and clear everything you can.