IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Krazy Kreatures

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

Hello and welcome, adventurers!
I hope you are ready for a lunatic week of puzzling challenges here at our beloved Weekly Contest!
For this week, our brave players tackle unlicensed waters on KRAZY KREATURES!

Here's the insane rules they will have to follow.

• 1 player only
  • Play on Easy difficulty
  • Start on Level 1
  • Play until Game Over
  • Take your picture on the Game Over screen
  • Highest score wins
  • GENRE: Puzzle

The contest ends Sunday, 09/27/20 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.

1824063911_SageKrazyKreatures.png.22c20e

• Like 2

Events Team · Posted
1st 0xDEAFC0DE 362,670
2nd Gaia Gensouki 345,700
3rd Nicies 325,240
4th bertsampson 311,980
5th ninjistar 311,730
6th Jeevan 272,790
7th NESfiend 186,040
8th 8bitdontquit 150,030
9th mbd39 61,670
10th PII 46,230
11th CMR 45,620
12th Ausden 26,900
13th JamesRobot 26,360

IMG_20200927_134952.thumb.jpg.c383f3cd5acde05e29661cc95dd73917.jpg

Slight improvement for my last update. 

Played a couple more times. I'm not sure how to best improve. I'm trying to go for combos but those seem to only get you so far. 

Finished the game (I'm assuming no continues for now). I'm sure there's room for improvement with better point pressing. 

Edited by 0xDEAFC0DE
  • Wow! 2

Events Team · Posted
6 hours ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

I'm pretty sure I know the answer but I'd like to clarify to make sure. Are continues allowed?

You don't get any continues until level 13 where they give you 5 (which is kind of a lot). 

In order to use a continue, you need to game over first so... HELL NO.
You stop at your first game over.

• Haha 2

This is a fun game. I think I played it once years back when I first started collecting unlicensed games. Hopefully, I remember to play it again before the week is over 😄

http://www.myvideogamelife.com/a/vgm/vgs/vgs-ninjistar-krazy-kreatures-score-final-2020.jpg

Edited by ninjistar

Heavy shredding was a fun and quick game,  perfect for the contest. Shame.. Speaking of shame,   I order this game almost a week ago with priority 2-3 day shipping, it shipped within  an hour of ordering and still not here! 😡 ! So all I've got is....... 

n.korea-submarine1.jpg

Edited by 8bitdontquit
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, 8bitdontquit said:

Heavy shredding was a fun and quick game,  perfect for the contest. Shame.. Speaking of shame,   I order this game almost a week ago shipped with priority 2-3 day shipping, it shipped within  an hour of ordering and still not here! 😡 ! So all I've got is....... 

n.korea-submarine1.jpg

Thats exactly what I've got. I can't find the extension to load games onto my flash cart. Im going to check the local shop tomorrow. Not in a big hurry after seeing the gameplay though. Looks like a participation week 

14 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Thats exactly what I've got. I can't find the extension to load games onto my flash cart. Im going to check the local shop tomorrow. Not in a big hurry after seeing the gameplay though. Looks like a participation week 

I was going to try it and it must not have been in the ROM pack that I downloaded. Maybe unlicensed games have issues. Didnt you have trouble getting Micro Machines to work too?

50 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I was going to try it and it must not have been in the ROM pack that I downloaded. Maybe unlicensed games have issues. Didnt you have trouble getting Micro Machines to work too?

I didnt have issues with micro machines, but others did. Nicies downloaded this rom and has been playing it no problem here and there. I just can't find the cord that connects the SD card from my flash cart to my PC. Its 25 or 30 bucks, so I really don't want to buy another one when I know its around somewhere. Tried my local shop during lunch and they didnt have a copy of the game

8 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

I didnt have issues with micro machines, but others did. Nicies downloaded this rom and has been playing it no problem here and there. I just can't find the cord that connects the SD card from my flash cart to my PC. Its 25 or 30 bucks, so I really don't want to buy another one when I know its around somewhere. Tried my local shop during lunch and they didnt have a copy of the game

I was going to try it, but it's a puzzle game so I can hold out for another week.

7 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I was going to try it, but it's a puzzle game so I can hold out for another week.

My wife found my SD converter. I was pretty pumped. Then I promptly lost it again. Cant make it up. Now I really want to play this game just because I can't. Im sure once I do play it though, that'll quickly go away. I hate puzzle games. Do enough thinking during the day

15 hours ago, NESfiend said:

My wife found my SD converter. I was pretty pumped. Then I promptly lost it again. Cant make it up. Now I really want to play this game just because I can't. Im sure once I do play it though, that'll quickly go away. I hate puzzle games. Do enough thinking during the day

I don't really care for puzzle games either outside of Tetris.