IGNORED

What pinball machines do you guys love??

Jonest3

I recently inherited a 60's era EM machine that I used to play as a kid at my grandparents' house.

It is an 8-ball table that needs a LOT of love to get it back in shape.  I figure it will make a good project with the kids in a few years.

For more modern favorites, Addams Family is obviously the gold standard.  But my local movie theater used to have Attack From Mars and that table is a ton of fun with great mode progression.

My DIY fantasy has always been to build a table for either Android Pinball or Space Cadet digital tables.

I would say Addams Family checks all the boxes of being very fun with easier bonuses to pick up.

I also like the Indiana Jones newer one with 8 ball multiball.   

Beyond those, love my Rollergames and want to get an Apollo 13 at some point for the ridiculous 13 ball multiball.

Much of the reason I've been absent from the console-related forums is due to my love of Pinball.  I've spent a lot more time over on Pinside as a result.  

I currently only own a Sorcerer machine, but have owned the following over the past few years: 

Party Zone

Lethal Weapon 3

Tales From The Crypt

Fish Tales

Black Rose

Super Mario Bros

World Cup Soccer

Ripley's Believe it or Not

Road Show

Twilight Zone (I've actually owned two different examples)

(Stern) Kiss Pro

Lord of the Rings

Full Throttle

Ghostbusters Limited Edition

Metallica Pro

Spiderman (Owned both a standard and Limited Edition)

The Who Pinball WIzard

Time Machine

Deadpool Premium

There's a few things I love about pinball.  First off: The replay value.  You can shoot the same shot 1,000 times in a row, and have the ball bounce 1,000 different ways.  Secondly: My schedule.  I can play a 5-10 minute game between jobs and get a ton of enjoyment out of it.  Thirdly: The cost and size.  When I'm dropping $5,000-$10,000 a game,  I can only buy so many at a time.  Additionally, I can only accommodate so many machines in my game room.  This forces me to constantly rotate the collection.  With NES games, I could compulsively buy prototypes and store hundreds on a single shelf.  Definitely not the case with pinball.  Lastly: Working on them!  I spend WAY more time refurbishing and fixing project machines than actually playing them.  My latest machine, Sorcerer, was purchased as a non-working project.  I tore that bitch apart and she's running better than ever.  I'll sell that game for a small markup, and put it towards the next one once I've had my fill.

I love late 70s/early 80s Ballys and 90s Bally/Williams (like everyone does). Paragon, Flash Gordon, Future Spa, Fathom, Medusa, Centaur, Playboy, Frontier... Then basically every single machine from Whirlwind through Monster Bash, although I prefer the early 90s like Whirlwind, TZ, Star Trek, and Road Show. I don't like most Sterns and the constant multiball, half hour long games they can be.

I'd really like to get a CFTBL, Flash Gordon, and Johnny Mneumonic. I just need time to make room and I'm sure all of those games are super expensive these days, except Flash Gordon because bad players always complain at how bad they are on it because they're bad.

Edited by DefaultGen

I use to work at a place that sold pool tables, arcade cabs, and pinball machines.  They had a Transformers Pinball there that was fairly new.  Man that thing was a blast to play.  I think it was a Stern Home Edition Transformers Pinball.  It had tons of LEDs.  After work I played that thing a ton until it sold.

10 hours ago, BeaglePuss said:

Much of the reason I've been absent from the console-related forums is due to my love of Pinball.  I've spent a lot more time over on Pinside as a result.  

I currently only own a Sorcerer machine, but have owned the following over the past few years: 

Party Zone

Lethal Weapon 3

Tales From The Crypt

Fish Tales

Black Rose

Super Mario Bros

World Cup Soccer

Ripley's Believe it or Not

Road Show

Twilight Zone (I've actually owned two different examples)

(Stern) Kiss Pro

Lord of the Rings

Full Throttle

Ghostbusters Limited Edition

Metallica Pro

Spiderman (Owned both a standard and Limited Edition)

The Who Pinball WIzard

Time Machine

Deadpool Premium

There's a few things I love about pinball.  First off: The replay value.  You can shoot the same shot 1,000 times in a row, and have the ball bounce 1,000 different ways.  Secondly: My schedule.  I can play a 5-10 minute game between jobs and get a ton of enjoyment out of it.  Thirdly: The cost and size.  When I'm dropping $5,000-$10,000 a game,  I can only buy so many at a time.  Additionally, I can only accommodate so many machines in my game room.  This forces me to constantly rotate the collection.  With NES games, I could compulsively buy prototypes and store hundreds on a single shelf.  Definitely not the case with pinball.  Lastly: Working on them!  I spend WAY more time refurbishing and fixing project machines than actually playing them.  My latest machine, Sorcerer, was purchased as a non-working project.  I tore that bitch apart and she's running better than ever.  I'll sell that game for a small markup, and put it towards the next one once I've had my fill.

Just starting to look into the pinball world and I can definitely see the appeal!

Im in no hurry to sell my NES collection, but I can see having a few pins in the game room getting a lot more use than 677 games on a shelf... especially when trying to balance work and a family.

Subscriber T1 · Posted
On 10/26/2019 at 6:51 AM, Bronty said:

I have Addams and Monster Bash.   Lots of good choices.   congrats on your first pin.

On 10/26/2019 at 7:11 AM, Foochie776 said:

My pinball knowledge is pretty limited but growing up I used to play Addams Family at a local pizza place so that’s always been my favorite 🙂

On 10/26/2019 at 7:42 AM, arch_8ngel said:

For more modern favorites, Addams Family is obviously the gold standard. 

23 hours ago, captmorgandrinker said:

I would say Addams Family checks all the boxes of being very fun with easier bonuses to pick up.

I came to this thread to say Addams Family, but it looks like everyone beat me to it.

12 hours ago, Jonest3 said:

Just starting to look into the pinball world and I can definitely see the appeal!

Im in no hurry to sell my NES collection, but I can see having a few pins in the game room getting a lot more use than 677 games on a shelf... especially when trying to balance work and a family.

Pins are a lot of fun.  I hated them growing up (too hard, I'd lose my quarter in thirty seconds if that) but as an adult I've come to love them.   

Events Team · Posted
On 10/26/2019 at 4:02 PM, Winterion said:

My dream home arcade has Banzai Run, Black Knight 2000, Taxi, and Total Nuclear Annihilation. 

Total Nuclear Annihilation is some of my favorites.  While at my local pinball house last week, I was able to get in on a 4 player co-op game.  Apparently a relatively new feature in pinball.   Super fun.

I have a Star Wars Trilogy pin and I love it.
It's fun to play and very easy to learn.
A lof of my friends enjoy it even if they don't play pinball regularly.

But I want to get the new Star Wars pinball machine to replace my current old.
This will probably happen next year.

My father had a Batman Forever pin and it was very cool.
The only downside of it was how many times it broke.
Now he bought a new Munsters machine that should be delivered this week.

Addams Family & Funhouse for me, although I've had a lot of fun with other cabinets as well, just not spent nearly the money on anything else combined as compared to those two.  Fun fact:  When I was working my first call center job, they had a small "arcade" for people to relax in and blow of some steam while on break/lunch/etc.  Not only did it have those two machines, but also two of my all time top arcade cabinets--Ms. Pacman (with the speed mod done--didn't realize the machine didn't normally run that fast until well into adulthood, always thought the "arcade accurate" home ports were done poorly prior to that) & Galaga!  Every week or two, I'd stop by the bank specifically to get a roll of quarters to dump in that place--and not always during my shift!

• Like 1