IGNORED

Game Coasters 2.0. Official Cheers Thread!

D~Funk

1 minute ago, themisfit138 said:

Not when Cheers was in the air. The last time the Red Sox won the World Series was 1918. The didn’t win again until 2004. They were in the Series in ‘86 though. 

No no no no no no, the intro shows artwork from how Cheers used to be in the early 20th century.  Apparently the WE WIN!! newspaper (the only part that's a color tinted photograph rather than artwork) is from a late afternoon edition (those were the days...) of one of the Boston newspapers on September 29, 1948 announcing the Boston Braves had clinched the National League pennant (there were no divisions/wild cards in those days).  Incidentally the Boston Red Sox over in the American League came just a pennant playoff (tie breaker game) loss from making it an all-Boston World Series.

You know one of our players, Wayne Turner (who won championships for us in 1996 and 1998 and just missed 1997) was a Globetrotter!  I even got him to sign my ticket stub when I went to a 'Trotters game at Rupp Arena back in the early 2000s.

And of course everybody loves the Globetrotters in the Scooby-Doo cartoons right?

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
2 hours ago, Estil said:

You know one of our players, Wayne Turner (who won championships for us in 1996 and 1998 and just missed 1997) was a Globetrotter!  I even got him to sign my ticket stub when I went to a 'Trotters game at Rupp Arena back in the early 2000s.

And of course everybody loves the Globetrotters in the Scooby-Doo cartoons right?

what bout futurama lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I only drink whiskey alone when really depressed. At least when i do though, it’s good stuff. This is actually a pre made old fashioned by Fireside, a fantastic local distillery here.I added a few Luxardo cherries to it tonight. Oh, and The Mutant Virus is my favorite NES game of all time. 😁

A781940D-4BFC-4C34-A90C-ED77148D4F61.jpeg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Events Helper · Posted
15 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

You all are only doing this for the bingo thread. Be nice If you all actually have a fuck! Get out this thread unless you care.🤣

Hey!  That harvest moon spurt was prior to this 😉 I plan on doing some more 👑 photo shoots tonight, just for u 😛 

• Like 1