IGNORED

What is the most disappointing gaming commercial or trailer you've ever seen?

Estil

Instead of this, we got little kid Disney-style Toon Link (who then received several more iterations on the portable consoles).

______________...
While looking for that, I found this 

Instead of this awesomeness, we got two remakes, a skin on an awful 3rd party game, and a half-developed game that they gimped unique hardware features on so they could do the real release on the next gen. 

I want Link to kick ass. Nintendo obviously knows that has appeal, but for some reason they usually don’t want to do it. 

Events Team · Posted
4 minutes ago, Link said:

Instead of this, we got little kid Disney-style Toon Link (who then received several more iterations on the portable consoles).

______________...
While looking for that, I found this 

Instead of this awesomeness, we got two remakes, a skin on an awful 3rd party game, and a half-developed game that they gimped unique hardware features on so they could do the real release on the next gen. 

I want Link to kick ass. Nintendo obviously knows that has appeal, but for some reason they usually don’t want to do it. 

I will go ahead and make the argument that these were both tech demos, not trailers. I know that's a very cliche and tired argument about these two things, but it's true. Neither of these were ever supposed to represent actual Zelda games, just what the current tech was capable of. I can totally understand your disappointment on Nintendo not delivering with Zelda games like this though, a lot of people were disappointed for sure. But hey, even if it wasn't quite what people wanted, both of the major Zelda games that followed these tech demos were great and are now both considered by many as some of the best games in the series, so I'm OK with how everything turned out, personally.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ZeldaFreak said:

I will go ahead and make the argument that these were both tech demos, not trailers.

I know for a fact the top one for GameCube was a tech demo. We got it in at Game Stop when I worked there. It came out a few months before the release of the GameCube in a press kit. Tech demo was written of the tape. I remember watching that tech demo play over and over when I was working there...Then Windwaker came out and people were pissed. Then again they didn't know WindWaker was gonna be awesome.

• Like 1