IGNORED

Breath of the wild 2 - I’m calling it (2020 thread bump) / Nintendo Direct 2/17

phart010

Events Team · Posted
3 minutes ago, Sumez said:

I'm sure there's a reason for the time limit, and I'm assuming it's something similar to the prediction I made. 🙂

Might not be announced just yet though.

I very highly doubt they'd do any kind of physical release of Mario 35, I think you're giving them far too much credit, haha. And even if they did, that still wouldn't excuse the limited-time release of 3D All-Stars. They're almost certainly just giving those games limited releases so they don't draw attention away from the Zelda 35th anniversary stuff they likely have planned, which is a very dumb reason in my opinion, but that probably is the reason unfortunately. Either that, or they're literally just doing it because limited-time releases = fear of missing out in consumers, which = more $$$ quicker.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

I very highly doubt they'd do any kind of physical release of Mario 35, I think you're giving them far too much credit, haha. And even if they did, that still wouldn't excuse the limited-time release of 3D All-Stars. They're almost certainly just giving those games limited releases so they don't draw attention away from the Zelda 35th anniversary stuff they likely have planned, which is a very dumb reason in my opinion, but that probably is the reason unfortunately. Either that, or they're literally just doing it because limited-time releases = fear of missing out in consumers, which = more $$$ quicker.

The whole appeal of Mario 35 is the online multiplayer aspect of the game. Online multiplayer games lose their audience after a while. How do you get the whole world to play 8 bit Mario online at the same time? Make it available for a limited time only.

If they made it available forever, it would probably lose its relevance really quick. You’d be sitting there waiting for a long time for a round to fill up with players

• Like 2

Events Team · Posted
14 minutes ago, phart010 said:

The whole appeal of Mario 35 is the online multiplayer aspect of the game. Online multiplayer games lose their audience after a while. How do you get the whole world to play 8 bit Mario online at the same time? Make it available for a limited time only.

If they made it available forever, it would probably lose its relevance really quick. You’d be sitting there waiting for a long time for a round to fill up with players

Exactly.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, phart010 said:

I agree.  

This is one of the few examples of a game that probably shouldn't have a physical copy.  

• The title was changed to Breath of the wild 2 - I’m calling it (2020 thread bump) / Nintendo Direct 2/17
3 hours ago, arch_8ngel said:

Honestly... remaking the CDi games using the animator for the Link's Awakening intro sequence would be pretty slick 😛

Given I actually liked Faces of Evil as it was like a sequel in play/style to Zelda II -- I'd BUY it.  I'd likely just never touch Zelda's Adventure as it was a broken hot mess dumpster fire of problems unless it was rebuilt to be nice.

3 hours ago, Deadeye said:

CDi remake collector's pack + they commissioned a comic strip by @Reed Rothchild

3 hours ago, arch_8ngel said:

Honestly... remaking the CDi games using the animator for the Link's Awakening intro sequence would be pretty slick 😛

23 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Given I actually liked Faces of Evil as it was like a sequel in play/style to Zelda II -- I'd BUY it.  I'd likely just never touch Zelda's Adventure as it was a broken hot mess dumpster fire of problems unless it was rebuilt to be nice.

I know you guys obviously know that this will never happen for many, many reasons but that doesn't mean that this wouldn't be an amazing fan project.

If someone were to do that, though, they'd have to keep it 100% secret until it was released because you know good and well Nintendo loves getting those C&Ds out within 24 hours of awesome fan projects coming out.  Still, that could be a sweet fan-made game.

2 hours ago, phart010 said:

Good point.  Competitive 8bit Mario doesn't have quite the same mass appeal as Tetris with Tetris 99.

Maybe it will become Nintendo's "McRib" and roll out seasonally 😉😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Deadeye said:

@RHyou are talking about a private club.  Free to set up one, swing over to the club section.  Site rules still apply though.

Good point.  First, I'm not the guy to run such a thing.  I was semi-kidding.  I know you can have hidden boards that only show up (or are browsable) based off of conditions set buy the admin.

But the site rules do bring up a good question.  Is it against the rules to orchestrate a fresh project like this, 100% based off of stealing some companies IP?  Hmmmm... I don't think it should be, but that's probably why I'm not either an admin or mod. Ha.

Eh it's probably safe if it stays under lock n key.  It's not the sites project, just some members batting ideas around and collaborating.  As long as no sensitive data is thrown around that could set off Nintendo it would be fine, and being under lock, they'd never know it existed until the game was finished, tested, and released which at that point they can C&D until their heads explode.  When it's out, it's out, and no manner of erasing fixes it.

Right way: New Super Mario Land for SNES

Wrong way: Chrono Trigger 2 publicly flaunting it

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 1

Homebrew Team · Posted
25 minutes ago, RH said:

But the site rules do bring up a good question.  Is it against the rules to orchestrate a fresh project like this, 100% based off of stealing some companies IP?  Hmmmm... I don't think it should be, but that's probably why I'm not either an admin or mod. Ha.

I was mostly commenting generally that even though private clubs are available, it doesn't mean the site rules don't apply.  

That said, the closest site rule, currently, is #5 "Illegal content. No re-posting of copyrighted materials or other illegal content is allowed. Any posts containing illegal content or copyrighted materials will be deleted. The sale of illegally modded current-gen consoles or exact reproductions of games is not allowed."

I don't think it is an exact fit to this application. As the context is really about posting of ROMs, selling of ROMs, or modding current gen consoles.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

Eh it's probably safe if it stays under lock n key.  It's not the sites project, just some members batting ideas around and collaborating.  As long as no sensitive data is thrown around that could set off Nintendo it would be fine, and being under lock, they'd never know it existed until the game was finished, tested, and released which at that point they can C&D until their heads explode.  When it's out, it's out, and no manner of erasing fixes it.

Right way: New Super Mario Land for SNES

Wrong way: Chrono Trigger 2 publicly flaunting it

Too late. We’ve already talked about it. Nintendo will just send a spy to this forum. He’ll gain our trust by showing a picture of a whole pallet of Stadium Events. Then he’ll ship one to each of us to get our home addresses. Then we’ll give him access to the super secret thread and he’ll bust the whole operation.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tanooki said:

The guy in charge of WayForward (developer of Shantae), has already expressed interest in remaking Zelda 2 on Twitter.

With that said, Miyamoto has stated publicly that he hates Zelda 2.

Edited by phart010
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

What we need is the guy that did AM2R to make AZ2R 😛

Im sure he’d do a great job. I like AM2R better than Samus Returns on 3DS.

But I think he was hired on by a developer so maybe no more free time to do fun projects 

Edited by phart010
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, phart010 said:

Im sure he’d do a great job. I like AM2R better than Samus Returns on 3DS.

But I think he was hired on by a developer so maybe no more free time to do fun projects 

Yeah.

It just has me wanting to combine the following:

1) SMB 3 (or maybe SMB 2)

2) Metroid (in the style of AM2R)

3) Zelda 2

4) Castlevania 2 (for the "connected world" style gameplay)

5) Faxanadu

6) Mega Man 2

And end up with a passable version of Video Game Land from Captain N...