IGNORED

Im GOOD at predicting nintendo games :P

Nes Freak

9 years ago i made this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBN5voyzuBI&lc

and now this was just announce by nintendo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2mCqUSDCJE

i did this once before by posting a comment that basically had every feature that ultimate smash would have to offer including the name ultimate smash 😛

• Wow! 1

On 9/3/2020 at 8:19 PM, Code Monkey said:

This is quite an awesome idea, it appears to use augmented reality to recognize the barriers and place items inside them. It must have been really fun to program the technology for this.

I like the idea too .  However I think its more of a gimmick to hold over till the next big release.  Personally I think if nintendo were to make make a life size version of this via an amusement park with augmented reality glasses and full size classic track remakes (that are possible to do)  they could make a killing.   A go kart MK themed amusement park with AR would be epic! 😛

• Wow! 1

2 hours ago, Nes Freak said:

I like the idea too .  However I think its more of a gimmick to hold over till the next big release.  Personally I think if nintendo were to make make a life size version of this via an amusement park with augmented reality glasses and full size classic track remakes (that are possible to do)  they could make a killing.   A go kart MK themed amusement park with AR would be epic! 😛

If it's augmented reality, why would the cars need to be bigger? There are no drivers, I don't understand why they would be larger.

On 9/5/2020 at 11:35 PM, Code Monkey said:

If it's augmented reality, why would the cars need to be bigger?

So you can drive it.  You would drive a real kart on a real track, while wearing AR glasses.  You would see the power-up blocks, coins, banana peels, koopa shells, opponents, etc.  on the real track you are driving on.  Augmented reality isn't the same as virtual reality.

• Haha 1

It looks awesome, but we don't have a room big enough to have a decent race track.  I suppose the garage would work with both cars parked outside.  The other big downside being that you need a second switch to play with two cars.  The only other issue I can think of is that I hope the cars handle better than these:

NINTENDO Super Mario Kart 8 Mario Anti-Gravity Mini RC Racer 2.4Ghz

My son has this toy and it's a lot of fun to drive around, but the handling isn't precise enough to actually race around in laps.  The Live version would need to be a lot more precise, and therefore I assume a lot more expensive.  I still see it being a lot of fun.  

On 9/5/2020 at 10:04 PM, Nes Freak said:

A go kart MK themed amusement park with AR would be epic! 😛

Dude, I don't know if you're cherry-picking or what but a couple of years or so ago, Universal Studios partnered with Nintendo to develop new Nintendo areas in their parks.  There's no way they won't have a cart-themed amusement ride in one of the three locations.  If they do, it's going to have to be something like Disney's Test Track, or those slow moving cars that kids can drive that go about 2 MPH.  As cool as actual carts would be, there's no way for liability sake that any modern park with have such a thing and it be a legit go-cart experience.

But with that said, I have no doubt that they will want a Mario Kart themed ride somewhere.  If they don't, then Universal wasted their purchase of those IP rights. Seeing Bowser's Castle is cool and all, but cart racing has to be the one thing with the greatest potential.

Edited by RH

• 2 weeks later...