IGNORED

Where’d you eat?

Richardhead

I've made it my goal to check out some of the very local restaurants near my work for lunch, trying to try a different place every day.

Stopped by a beef noodle shop today, got the following:

Despite the price, the beef noodle was pretty good, tender meat, flavourful broth. Quite like the tofu too. I'd come back.

IMG20210419120034.jpg

• Like 4

One of my  brothers and I are going to go eat at the King Buffet in an hour - a most excellent Chinese Buffet.  (Normally my friend Mohamed would join us but it is Ramadan so he is out of circulation for lunches with us for awhile.)

If you live in the Denver area it is at 5220 Wadsworth in Arvada (a bit north of I-70).

Unless the prices have gone up the lunch is $9.95 - $8.95 with the senior discount.  The price goes up quite a bit for suppers and on the weekend.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Last day before my class graduates, so the one mother bought me a random bento.

This was excellent, there was also a spicy sauce for on the chicken and rice. I guess it was Malaysian style, definitely one of the best bentos I've had in years. The Taiwanese bentos are generally bland and of dubious quality imo.

The best part is that I've been on a diet recently, and this meal fits in perfectly with that too.

Then I got a Coke with fibre to drink with the meal.

1627621015601.jpg

• Like 1

I went to a fine brunch at this  place on Saturday:

https://www.cinzzettis.com/colorado/foodmenu/

Before the virus they used to a have lunches M-F at a very reasonable price.   Sadly that is a thing of the past and they only do dinners M-F.   The brunch is very good with a few breakfast items and a lot of lunch items.  

I think I am going to make it a regular place to go one day every weekend.

If you live in the Denver area they are at 104th and I 25 (northwest corner tucked behind the Lowes).

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Had some stupid noodles (sometimes known as Fool's Noodles) in a shop near mine called Muddle Noodles. Generally they'll throw a few spring onions in top, but I asked for mine without.

So delicious, there was a wait here for half an hour yesterday, so I decided to swing by today instead.

IMG20230509115253.jpg

• Like 2