IGNORED

Where’d you eat?

Richardhead

I am going to go to lunch in a bit for the endless shrimp special at Red Lobster:

rl_nowserving_monday.jpg.bd40646e6e5b777c3ae3d0e1f9836602.jpg

Edit - It was indeed tasty - I had a dish of shrimp scampi, two racks of grilled shrimp and a batch of coconut shrimp.

I brought home 1/2 of a baked potato* and two biscuits for part of supper later. 

*Helpful hint - I always get a spoon and put the garlic butter sauce from the shrimp scampi and dump it on the potato - makes left over potato and skin quite tasty.

Edited by Tabonga
  • Like 5

On 4/12/2021 at 12:09 PM, Tabonga said:

I am going to go to lunch in a bit for the endless shrimp special at Red Lobster:

rl_nowserving_monday.jpg.bd40646e6e5b777c3ae3d0e1f9836602.jpg

Edit - It was indeed tasty - I had a dish of shrimp scampi, two racks of grilled shrimp and a batch of coconut shrimp.

I brought home 1/2 of a baked potato* and two biscuits for part of supper later. 

*Helpful hint - I always get a spoon and put the garlic butter sauce from the shrimp scampi and dump it on the potato - makes left over potato and skin quite tasty.

I haven't been to Red Lobster in awhile. The shrimp scampi is indeed delicious.

7 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

It doesn't seem to be as good as it was when I was a kid, but the endless shrimp is worth a trip. I prefer Bonefish Grill if I'm in the mood for seafood.

There are relatively few seafood dishes I would want to have at a restaurant versus cooking it at home.

Probably just crab legs and softshell crab (crab cakes are almost always better at home if you know what you're doing -- and bulk shrimp are so cheap that it makes it really hard for me to justify buying shrimp at a restaurant)

2 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

There are relatively few seafood dishes I would want to have at a restaurant versus cooking it at home.

Probably just crab legs and softshell crab (crab cakes are almost always better at home if you know what you're doing -- and bulk shrimp are so cheap that it makes it really hard for me to justify buying shrimp at a restaurant)

I used to like going to Joe's Crab Shack for their crab leg buckets, but the one here closed last year.

Lunch (and dinner omg) was a burger the size of my head from Farmers Fresh, one of those family-owned diner w/drivethru places near my workplace. I had never gotten a burger there before, so I stupidly thought "it can't be that big, I'll get a double!" And WELP 😂 

Please note: I'm a weirdo who doesn't like cheese on her burgers, if you're wondering why it's kinda naked.

I managed about 90-95% of the burger before calling it, it's just too big. 🤣 Lesson learned!

20210415_125310.jpg.326bd548fd4e3ca55be961da02eb90eb.jpg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, anruiukimi said:

Lunch (and dinner omg) was a burger the size of my head from Farmers Fresh, one of those family-owned diner w/drivethru places near my workplace. I had never gotten a burger there before, so I stupidly thought "it can't be that big, I'll get a double!" And WELP 😂 

Please note: I'm a weirdo who doesn't like cheese on her burgers, if you're wondering why it's kinda naked.

I managed about 90-95% of the burger before calling it, it's just too big. 🤣 Lesson learned!

20210415_125310.jpg.326bd548fd4e3ca55be961da02eb90eb.jpg

That looks delicious except I'd have to get cheese on it. Cheese makes everything better.