IGNORED

Where’d you eat?

Richardhead

2 minutes ago, drxandy said:

I just checked the pizza hut website and my hometown one that I worked at had the following:

Screenshot_20200901-152859_Chrome.thumb.jpg.042b66123290fafcbcfebbacc22f4855.jpg

The ones in my current city don't carry it though, I'm pretty sure the hometown one is a independent franchise and the ones here are corporate, idk

That may be it. The one closest to me is an independent franchise. It's one of the rebranded '80s throwback Pizza Hut Classics too, but they have had taco pizzas since I was a kid. They had the Wing Street wings for several years before that as well.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2020 at 3:42 PM, Bearcat-Doug said:

That may be it. The one closest to me is an independent franchise. It's one of the rebranded '80s throwback Pizza Hut Classics too, but they have had taco pizzas since I was a kid. They had the Wing Street wings for several years before that as well.

But do they have the Bigfoot?

• Wow! 1

1 minute ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

They did recently, but they called it something else.

Not the new one, the 90's one.   Those were amazing!

The one that used to be right down the road from my parents was the last one in our area that had it (and they sold so many that they kept going well beyond when Pizza Hut discontinued it)

Just now, captmorgandrinker said:

Not the new one, the 90's one.   Those were amazing!

The one that used to be right down the road from my parents was the last one in our area that had it (and they sold so many that they kept going well beyond when Pizza Hut discontinued it)

The one they just had was basically a two foot long version of the pizza in the big dinner box. I think the crusts are different, but it was basically the same idea.

• 2 weeks later...

Barcelona Wine Bar.
Bacon wrapped dates, PEI Mussels, Shishito Peppers, Chorizo w/sweet and sour figs, Grilled Hanger Steak and some hummus. 
We also had some seared scallops that were amazing. Forgot to take a picture though. 
https://barcelonawinebar.com/media/Rino-Dinner-Menu-9.6.20.pdf

4C1E6768-AE3A-4D52-85F1-3EF7FA9588D9.jpeg

0390FD56-4968-41D1-8989-EE30906DE20B.jpeg

C8E54FF6-35CE-4103-AA9C-EBD14A025C48.jpeg

D4FAB9F3-839B-4F11-8821-23D093DEB119.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Mrs. Tabonga and I had lunch at the HuHot near us today - it is a Mongolian grill where you pick your poisons and then dump a bunch of their sauces (of which they have a whole plethora (as opposed to  a partial plethora)) on them.  The perfect place if you are on a keto diet. 

Edited by Tabonga
  • Like 1

True Food Kitchen is my favorite. I always get the Turkey Burger and hash there. Another place that I love, but unfortunately have to drive 3 hours to get there is Next Level Burger. Everything there is plant based and it just tastes unbelievably good.

Edited by Skorp
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just got back from a 100k ride, so I sprang for a hearty lunch.

There's a shop near mine, which I took @OptOut to last time he visited, simply called Szechuan Style Beef Noodles. I go there generally on cycle day, and I'm friends with the owner.

Today's lunch:

Spicy (ma la) dry beef noodles, and a plate of small fish and dried tofu.

IMG20201128142607.jpg

• Like 3
  • Wow! 1

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Eating potstickers at a popular chain restaurant, 八方 (ba fang). This never gets old, Ive got curry and Korean flavoured.

IMG20210129115543.jpg

Edit: On another note, has anyone here ever made potstickers at home that turned out nice? Every time I've tried, they never turn out as nice as these.

• 3 weeks later...

re-reading this thread and the early Pizza Hut talk saddens me.

three years ago, we had three Pizza Huts in town. Now, we have one. Both of the stores that closed offered Wings, Taco Pizza (not my thing but whatev), a buffet, and all of the specialty stuff that comes and goes. The only one left only sells the most basic offerings.

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...

Decided to check out a local restaurant yesterday, near my work. I knew it was going to be good as there was a small shrine set up in the back of the shop, and all the folks working there and the customers were all speaking Taiwanense.

Great meal, only cost me about $2.50, and it passed the "digestion test" too!

IMG20210323114405.jpg

IMG20210323114400.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Daniel_Doyce said:

Those look pretty mediocre, like they were fried in oil that's been reused a couple of times.

Oh there's no doubt about the oil reuse. This is a large chain restaurant, but imo the best dumpling chain restaurant in Taiwan. 

From the story I heard, the chain used to be owned by a pair of brothers (cousins?), But they had a falling out at some point and the other brother started his own dumpling chain, which has a very similar product range, albeit not nearly as good.

Decided to go back to a beef noodle shop today, near my work. We call the place "Shirtless Beef Noodles", as the first (and only, up til today) time we'd been there, was in the summer, and a large worker dude was sitting inside, shirt off, rocking his man boobs, sweat dripping down his body as he ate lunch. Nice.

To be honest, this one was pretty mediocre. I subconsciously knew it would be, after looking at menu prices. Large portions and cheap prices, but the flavour is pretty bland. I've had much better beef noodles, but I've had much much worse too.

Not bad to switch up the routine, but I probably won't be going back for another year.

IMG20210324120250.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Easter dinner!

Originally I had hoped to invite a friend of mine over, as well as another friend and his wife. Friend and wife had other obligations, and other friend went to Taipei for the weekend, so there went that plan!

Been eating more or less clean the past weeks, so I decided to spring for a pizza today.

IMG20210404133755.jpg

• Like 3