IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - The Guardian Legend

BeaIank

14 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

Oh man! Me toooooooo! 

Your copy is much prettier than mine. For a cheap game, I had a really tough time finding a half way decent box. I helped my wife buy me a really nice sealed copy for fathers day for a a couple hundred. Seller refused to ship. I bitched about it in some thread on here. 

Your comment in the leaderboard board thread is spot on. I think I'm good at rhe game. But I've never played for score. Ill beat it, but bert and others will triple my score with no effort. I also have a 3 day golf tourney that week, so those days are pretty much out due to afternoon beer.

Edit: I had even been saving this @Bearcat-Doug style meme for page 1 of the thread for weeks. Now that my delusion about winning is deflated, here it is. 

image000000(1).gif

Edited by NESfiend
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Your copy is much prettier than mine. For a cheap game, I had a really tough time finding a half way decent box. I helped my wife buy me a really nice sealed copy for fathers day for a a couple hundred. Seller refused to ship. I bitched about it in some thread on here. 

Your comment in the leaderboard board thread is spot on. I think I'm good at rhe game. But I've never played for score. Ill beat it, but bert and others will triple my score with no effort. I also have a 3 day golf tourney that week, so those days are pretty much out due to afternoon beer.

Edit: I had even been saving this @Bearcat-Doug style meme for page 1 of the thread for weeks. Now that my delusion about winning is deflated, here it is. 

image000000(1).gif

I’d been looking for a nice copy Heavy Shreddin’ for a long while. Sooooo many saved searches for it too. It was up with a $20 bin, free shipping for maybe 5 minutes. 😁

• Like 1

I turned on what I thought was NBA playoffs and the menu was wrong. Saw Doug's dude wearing that same t-shirt with his face on it. Does he always wear that? It was an odd scene.

I have seen a whole lot of the guardian legend title screen and demo play. Been a tough week to get games in. Im sure skinny and bert will be posting a million plus in no time anyhow 

20200904_215803.jpg

12 hours ago, Gaia Gensouki said:

I gave this game a few more tries to see if I could maybe improve my score and, lo and behold, yesterday I had a good run and got over one million points (updated on page 1). Though I'm still far away from beating this game. It just gets crazy difficult.

You inspired me to get a few games in this morning, but I only got worse. Game wasn't really holding my attention like the other shooters we played. I think its because I havent really figured out the side weapons at all. Probably just going to concede participation and start getting back into the heavy shreddin rhythm. 

16 hours ago, NESfiend said:

I turned on what I thought was NBA playoffs and the menu was wrong. Saw Doug's dude wearing that same t-shirt with his face on it. Does he always wear that? It was an odd scene.

I have seen a whole lot of the guardian legend title screen and demo play. Been a tough week to get games in. Im sure skinny and bert will be posting a million plus in no time anyhow 

20200904_215803.jpg

Orange Cassidy is my and @docile tapeworm's spirit animal.

Administrator · Posted

Beat the game. I'm honestly not a big fan of it. The bosses have FAR too much health, it's more about cheesing it than actual skill. If you know how to beat each boss it's not THAT tough aside from the final boss, and even HE can be cheesed relatively easily.

The game is also FAR too long.

I always feel like people consider it tough cuz of all the shit all over the screen but once the grenade is upgraded it becomes a beast and really is the workhorse of your arsenal.

Here's a video of me beating one of the bosses w/ the grenade weapon equipped:

And here's the final boss fight: 

Now granted, I got incredibly lucky at the end there with the health drops. I was trying to place safe but the pressure of being on the final boss after like, the longest game on the NES aside from Back to the Future... Yeah I really don't do too hot with pressure lol.

Definitely not saying it's an easy game, it's difficult for sure. But for all the wrong reasons, honestly.

Score: 2,252,680

IMG_20200906_045710.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1