IGNORED

The 'Warehouse Pallet'

T-Pac

I only ever knew one guy who bought from liquidators. He had some much product in his warehouse, he didn't know half of what he had. My friend worked there for 4 years before stumbling into a pallet of Fossil Pokemon packs still sealed in the boxes. 

It's possible but only did to gross negligence and ignorance. 

I could see there being more probably in Mexico and south America. It seems like late release games were more prominent down there. 

On 8/28/2020 at 6:22 PM, Tulpa said:

It actually did happen to Caltron 6-in-1, where a pallet was found in Mexico and sealed copies flooded the market. Aladdin Deck Enhancer had a similar thing happen.

For how many hit the market, the Aladdin Deck Enhancer find had to have been multiple pallets.

Would love to see pallets of something obscure and unloved like Neo Geo Pocket or Virtual Boy games. I also think something realistic could be Barbie Groom and Glam Pups for 3DS which to this day I don’t think anyone knows if it was a Canada exclusive or recalled product or test market only or all of the above.

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 1

I remember back in around October 2001 an Ebay seller from Dallas flooded Ebay with a ton of brand new copies of Shining Force CD. I recall  a used complete copy at the time went for around $80. I ended up buying 3 sealed copies for around $15 each. I think today if a game for an older system is found with multiple copies on a pallet the seller will research it first and only sell one copy at a time to not cause a price crash.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I only ever knew one guy who bought from liquidators. He had some much product in his warehouse, he didn't know half of what he had. My friend worked there for 4 years before stumbling into a pallet of Fossil Pokemon packs still sealed in the boxes. 

It's possible but only did to gross negligence and ignorance. 

I could see there being more probably in Mexico and south America. It seems like late release games were more prominent down there. 

My family owned a storefront in Mexico (from the late 80's to early 2000's) where they sold snacks and chips. In that same plaza were an abundance of mom and pop toy stores that popped up overnight and disappeared just as fast. I used to visit during summers and I bought a lot of English language NES games and they were priced so high not many folks could afford them. It's safe to say a lot of that stock was packed away and sold in bulk or is sitting somewhere collecting dust, or were simply sold very cheaply before they closed out.

• Thanks 1

On 8/30/2020 at 9:12 AM, gandalf1 said:

My family owned a storefront in Mexico (from the late 80's to early 2000's) where they sold snacks and chips. In that same plaza were an abundance of mom and pop toy stores that popped up overnight and disappeared just as fast. I used to visit during summers and I bought a lot of English language NES games and they were priced so high not many folks could afford them. It's safe to say a lot of that stock was packed away and sold in bulk or is sitting somewhere collecting dust, or were simply sold very cheaply before they closed out.

Any chance you remember any of the titles that they had for sale back then?

On 8/29/2020 at 11:31 PM, Bighab said:

I remember back in around October 2001 an Ebay seller from Dallas flooded Ebay with a ton of brand new copies of Shining Force CD. I recall  a used complete copy at the time went for around $80. I ended up buying 3 sealed copies for around $15 each. I think today if a game for an older system is found with multiple copies on a pallet the seller will research it first and only sell one copy at a time to not cause a price crash.

Who knows, the seller might be dumb enough to post the lot on instagram and tank the value themselves.

On 8/28/2020 at 10:50 PM, OptOut said:

This is complete bullshit, no huge warehouses full of pallets of stock from the 80s are sitting around in Singapore or Malaysia, what on earth are you talking about?

Unlike probably most of the people in this thread I have ACTUALLY been to places here in Taiwan that hold on to leftover stock from twenty years ago, and it is FAR from the images of the archives at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark. Usually it's smaller shops and individual wholesalers who are kind of one man operations, who just have leftover stock from years and years in business, and who haven't had time to clear it out.

It certainly is NOT huge expensive warehouses with pallet after pallet of sealed games in shipping boxes sitting pristine. Whatever you're imaging here is the reality

That might be the case there in parts of Asia but in Central and South America there has been a few finds and it was in HUGE warehouses with pallet after pallet of games for the Atari 2600, Atari 5200, TG16 and Sega Genesis. Some Colecovision & NES games too. The 2600 games Ikari Warriors and Motorodeo where both R9's worth upwards of $1k each before that find. Now there are hundreds upon hundreds of copies of them that can barely sell for $15 bucks now. It was from a court ordered seizure back in the day involving Nintendo and pirated games that over time was just forgot about it seems. 25 years later and people start getting into it and find a gold mine. There wasn't much as far as NES goes (perhaps that stuff actually got destroyed, I don't now) in that find but the rest of the systems mentioned had tons and tons of games and even some hardware. The Atari and TG16 games where mostly real retail games and not pirates. The Genesis & Colecovision stuff was mostly pirate carts though from what I've personally seen of the finds. There are some real Sega and Coleco games but nowhere near as many.  Every single title from those finds can be had to this day by the case for dirt cheap. Only hurdle now is the economic conditions in Venezuela and the chances of packages getting cut open to make sure it's not packed full of drugs (I've had friends get NOS games slashed open at times).

• Like 1

On 8/29/2020 at 5:57 PM, arch_8ngel said:

For how many hit the market, the Aladdin Deck Enhancer find had to have been multiple pallets.

I think I read somewhere that it was upwards of eight pallets. 

I can't remember how big the Caltron find was, but I have to think it was fairly good sized, too.

I'm also reminded of Mike Etler and the Cheetahmen II find. I saw a post from him on NA that stated that he didn't take them all at once, but it was over a period of months, and that a couple of flea market dudes had bought small quantities of them from the same batch to resell.

I think at this point the "warehouse pallet" is in the same quasi-mystical realm as the "thriftstore sealed SE" or the "yardsale NWC"... Basically, yeah it's still possible, and even actually happens on the rare occasion. But as time goes by, the chances become slimmer and slimmer, eventually trending towards zero.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2020 at 2:34 AM, OptOut said:

I think at this point the "warehouse pallet" is in the same quasi-mystical realm as the "thriftstore sealed SE" or the "yardsale NWC"... Basically, yeah it's still possible, and even actually happens on the rare occasion. But as time goes by, the chances become slimmer and slimmer, eventually trending towards zero.

So... yes or no? 😝