IGNORED

Game Debate #12: Skyrim

Reed Rothchild

Rate it  

51 members have voted

1. 1. See below for explanation of ratings

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite games of all time.
    • 9/10 - Killer fucking game. Everyone should play it.
    • 8/10 - Great game. Maybe one of the best released that year.
    • 7/10 - Very good game, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy occasionally playing it.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to play.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
    • 2/10 - Not your cup of tea at all. Some people might like this, but you are not one of them.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Desert Bus of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your genitals than play this.
    • Never played it, but I'm interested.
    • Never played it, never will.

On 8/30/2020 at 10:18 AM, BreaKBeatZ said:

Yes, I played both at release. I played a LOT of Daggerfall and still revisit it to this day. The Dagerfall world is huge, and the freedom of what you are able to do is far greater than any other TES game.

Oh ok that makes sense then. I'm sure I would've loved them if I played them at release too. I only recently tried them and found them hard to get into. I know Daggerfall has the biggest world in the series but I think it might be too big. I might have to give it another shot though.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2020 at 8:55 AM, BreaKBeatZ said:

It's low on myranking of Elder Scrolls main series games:

1. Daggerfall

2. Morrowind

3. Oblivion

4. Skyrim

5. Arena

You nailed it on the Elder Scrolls rankings. I have been playing and modding Daggerfall Unity recently. Still a top notch game. As for Skyrim I still give it a 9. I have put hundreds of hours in it. 

• Like 1

No reason to hide it, went with a 7 but struggled not to give it a 6.  I played quite a few hours into it once in recent years, the remaster of it.  The game is just too large for its own good, the controls/camera are a bit wooden more than I'd like.  While it does, it also doesn't at times give a sense of direction so it gets a tad annoying.  There were times I felt like I was fighting the mechanics of play/camera than the enemies which is something I could never give a game high marks for.  Sometimes an open world is just a bit too vast and open for its own good and this one fell into it.  Maybe having played Breath of the Wild first screwed up my expectations, or the fact it's newer so it handles mechanics notably better, but it just felt like a stiff backwards slide.  The story elements, atmosphere, and the rest were fairly spot on, but it just didn't come together great for me so I did eventually end up selling it.  I figure if I must ever try it again it hits hardcore deep cut sales on GoG a few times a year so no loss.

10/10

Poured more hours into this game that any other; well over a thousand for sure over the several years that I've had the game. Even though I give it a 10 because it is one of my favorite games ever, it is not perfect, has more glitches than any other game that I've ever played except State of Decay, and more useless stuff than should be and still with so much that could have been improved upon, yet somehow what it does works, enough to had drawn me into the open world games and keep me wanting to play that and others like it.

• 1 year later...
Administrator · Posted

I gave it an 8.  (Sorry Sumez, I disagree hah 😉 ) - I know it has lots of bugs, and it isn't even necessarily my favorite Elder Scrolls game, but it is quite an epic adventure, and there is just a lot to do and much fun to explore.  I think it is one of those games where....if you analyze it super technically, you can 'ding' it for lots of different things, but from a broader perspective, it is a pretty great game (imo).

• Like 1