• Just right
    • Too short
  2. 2. How was the overall difficulty?

• Too hard!
    • Hard, but reasonable
    • Pretty average
    • Easy
    • Too easy!
  3. 3. How do you feel about the Charms available? (Choose all that apply!)

• Perfect!
    • Too hard
    • Too easy
    • Not varied enough
    • Boring
    • Fun

Just now, Gloves said:

The rough part of a month-long event is that people can burn out, and the chat gets pretty stale. I've noticed that compared to other contests that DO last a month, this was quite active the entire week. Part of the idea was to make an event that IS possible to complete within a week, given some effort.

Time is a hard thing to balance and make everyone happy heh.

Time sensitive rewards? Finish the Bingo card earlier would have better prizes or charms or limited time prize opportunities. Just a thought. I am sure if I put forth effort with the time I have I could have completed most of the bingo sheet, but unfortunately I did not really have the time to dedicate to it that I wanted.

Either way, it was a very fun event. Very much liked it!

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
Just now, Mega Tank said:

Time sensitive rewards? Finish the Bingo card earlier would have better prizes or charms or limited time prize opportunities. Just a thought. I am sure if I put forth effort with the time I have I could have completed most of the bingo sheet, but unfortunately I did not really have the time to dedicate to it that I wanted.

Either way, it was a very fun event. Very much liked it!

Time sensitive awards don't tend to award speedy players, more those who coincidentally have time earlier on. Part of the appeal I think to this was that you could start and stop working on it at your own pace, you really weren't in competition with anyone else, or against the clock beyond the week deadline.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2020 at 9:38 AM, DoctorEncore said:

I knew it was unrealistic for me to think I'd have time to participate, but I still thought it was a cool event. I think extending it to a month would be better so people don't feel rushed and you don't feel the need to create as many events. You could throw a few really tough challenges in there to keep the board completion rate at 1-2 people per month.

Yeah, I initially wanted to participate and I enjoyed checking the thread to see how it was going. But a week was just never going to happen with my schedule. Even if it had fallen in an "easy week" work/kid wise, a blackout would have never happened. A month was about right if I wanted to clear it. 

Since you arent running events consecutively, why not do both? Have the main thread for one week. Have a second 'slowpokes' thread with the same game spanning a month? You could do charms that are somehow different or downgraded. Or the same ones. I dont know that there would even be a reason to keep participants out of the other thread. If you wanted to, I'm sure you could