IGNORED

*mostly sold - a few scratch/dent left...CNC milled aluminum Rareware N64 Sign (Wall art) $18 shipped

Crazy Climber

Hey everybody...

I have some N64 "rareware" signs I made. The are high quality Aluminum composite material that has  been professionally painted then CNC machined (by yours truly)

The orange is a two tone metallic paint that changes color/sparkles in the sunlight. They are fully weather treated and can even be hung outside if wanted!

The signs are around 10 inches in length and are heavy duty (don't let the low price fool you, they are high quality)

Not a huge money making operation, I sell a few on forums or ebay and make a few bucks a sign if everything goes smoothly. Any profits go to homebrew games. Just something I like to do to be a part of the hobby 🙂

Price is  $10 plus $8 flat rate US shipping ($18 shipped) Local MN pick up is totally fine also. I will ship to other countries but it's expensive!! ($20-$30!!)

Oh, I also have a few of the first design of VGS signs I made, if you want to add one of those bad boys add an extra 10 bucks! I can ship it together with the rareware sign 🙂

Thanks!!

20200705_131948.jpg

20200705_132014.jpg

20200705_132006.jpg

20200622_174420.jpg

20200620_121602.jpg

20200622_174412.jpg

Edited by Crazy Climber
added price
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Crazy Climber said:

Thanks! I'll see if I have one from its peak. I had to take quite a few signs down, I put so many on the motor was overloaded from the weight and the door wouldn't open anymore haha

Your motor should be fine.  Garage door openers for standard size garage doors only range from about 1/2 horse to 3/4 horse.  If the door is too heavy, you need to upgrade your springs.  Unfortunately, that can actually be slightly more complicated then replacing the opener.  But it can be done.  

• Thanks 1

On 8/20/2020 at 9:45 AM, TDIRunner said:

Your motor should be fine.  Garage door openers for standard size garage doors only range from about 1/2 horse to 3/4 horse.  If the door is too heavy, you need to upgrade your springs.  Unfortunately, that can actually be slightly more complicated then replacing the opener.  But it can be done.  

I can honestly say I had no idea it would be the springs and not the motor, I'm still not going to mess with it but thanks for explaining that to me 🙂

22 minutes ago, Crazy Climber said:

I can honestly say I had no idea it would be the springs and not the motor, I'm still not going to mess with it but thanks for explaining that to me 🙂

Years ago, I used to sell garage door openers.  It was fairly common.  Someone would come in and say they had an old fashioned wooden garage door that weighed a lot and they needed the most powerful garage door opener we had.  I would just explain that assuming the door is installed correctly with the right size springs, the amount of force needed to open the door should be approximately the same regardless of how much the door weighed.  Therefore, the size of the motor in the opener doesn't really matter.  A 3/4 horse opener should open the door faster than a 1/2 horse opener.  That's really the only reason to get a bigger motor.

Obviously, your door's springs were installed for the weight of the original door.  As you start adding stuff to the door, the springs are no longer sufficient.  If you talk to a garage door installer, he could probably tell you what kind of springs you might need.  You should be able to lookup the weight of the original door, and maybe weight of each individual sign to get an idea of how much the door weighed when everything was attached to it.  Keep in mind, if you put new springs on the door, you will need to either leave the stuff attached to the door, or replace the springs again if you ever take the stuff off.  

• Thanks 1