IGNORED

Amusement Parks

Ausden

Heading to Busch Gardens today. Plan to ride as many rides as I can and eat a bunch of unhealthy food.

Anyone else like amusement parks? Where do you go to get your exhilaration fix? What do you do when you first walk in? Do you go straight to the rides or start on one side of the park and work your way around.

i wouldn’t call me a park junkie but I’ve been to the Six Flags in New Jersey, Cedar Point in Sandusky OH, and Disneyland. Cedar Point by far is the best place for rides hands down!

• Like 1

I went to Cedar Point years ago and two of the main rides were closed, and a third broke right as we got on it.  As in we waited in line, finally got to board then it broke and we had to get right back off.  It wasn't the best day...

All amusement parks have those fast passes now, do you spring for those?  It seems like they are kind of a must if you want to go on more than like 3 rides in a day. 

So much time at Magic Mountain in SoCal and Great Adventure in NJ as a kid (six flags). in HS physics we took a trip to great adventure and tested the G-forces with a weight in a tube whilst riding the (now defunct) great american scream machine. a fairly unsupervised school day at an amusement park? take that, jocks!

38 minutes ago, B.A. said:

I went to Cedar Point years ago and two of the main rides were closed, and a third broke right as we got on it.  As in we waited in line, finally got to board then it broke and we had to get right back off.  It wasn't the best day...

All amusement parks have those fast passes now, do you spring for those?  It seems like they are kind of a must if you want to go on more than like 3 rides in a day. 

When I go to Universal Orlando, I get the fast pass tickets.
They are expensive but I really think they are worth it.
Last time I lost track of how many times I went to the MIB ride.

46 minutes ago, zi said:

So much time at Magic Mountain in SoCal and Great Adventure in NJ as a kid (six flags). in HS physics we took a trip to great adventure and tested the G-forces with a weight in a tube whilst riding the (now defunct) great american scream machine. a fairly unsupervised school day at an amusement park? take that, jocks!

I grew up in NJ. We did this exact thing. It was a ton of fun. We had to fill out a sheet with the various results. But once you were done, it was pretty much a free day. 

• Like 2

I practically grew up at Kennywood Park outside of Pittsburgh. Lots of great memories there from the 60's & 70's. As a big coaster fan, Cedar Point was also a favorite but I've tried Six Flags, Busch Gardens, Disneyland and Disneyworld, Universal Studios and a few others. Sadly, my brain seems to have shrunk and now it rattles around in my head like a walnut in a coffee can so most rides give me headaches.

Love parks, I grew up going to Kentucky Kingdom before it was bought by Six Flags. My family also makes a trip to King's Island every year.

Total parks I've been to:

Universal (Studios and Islands of Adventure)

Disney World (All parks + Disney Quest Arcade before it closed)

Six Flags (St. Louis, Chicago, Kentucky)

King's Island

Cedar Point

Holiday World

16 minutes ago, nrslam said:

Sadly, my brain seems to have shrunk and now it rattles around in my head like a walnut in a coffee can so most rides give me headaches.

I know how you feel. I used to ride the big rides at bush gardens (kumba,montu) over and over. I went on twin dragons at universal a few years ago. I turned green and was sick the rest of the day. I have since rode the hulk and some of the Disney coasters and seem ok. I suspect the coasters that you sit in and ride on top the track I do ok with still. But when I get on a ride that hangs from the track I get sick. 

57 minutes ago, 8bitdontquit said:

Gotta ride the verbatum if you haven't yet..   Really cool,   Gonna be busy as shit being a Friday during Hallo-scream but def really cool..   Ride as many as you can easily before hour or so long lines start..    Did i hear it's your birthday?    Happy Birthday bud. 

It is, thank you! The trip is a surprise by the wife. We dropped the little one off at school and hit the road.

2 hours ago, B.A. said:

We did the fast pass at Disneyland. An absolute must! If a park has that option GET IT. Worth every cent

I used to be deathly afraid of roller coasters and most rides at parks (unless it was slow or made for kids). However a few summers ago I finally bit the bullet and went to a local park and faced my fears. Loved every second of it and now I will willingly go on rides that I would have never gone near a few years ago lol.

I've only been to the state fair here in WA and a small park called Wild Waves. We don't really have big parks up here and I've never stepped foot in a Disney park. I've ALWAYS wanted to though. It's just so damn expensive and pretty far away.

Being born and raised in CT, I grew up going to Six Flags New England and Lake Compounce. I'm a big theme park nut. I have been to both Busch Gardens, SeaWorld, every Six Flags in the country at least once, Disneyland/CA Adventure, and WDW and Universal in Orlando. 

I actually was a WDW Cast Member for a year and worked at Epcot. It was pretty sweet. Which Busch Gardens are you going to? If its the one in Tampa, you'll be about 15 minutes from my house haha.

The theme parks I would love to go to that I haven't yet are Cedar Point, Knott's Berry Farm, and King's Dominion.

Edited by KokiriChild
  • Like 1

My wife and I love WDW.  We use to go every year, until we had children.  Yes, you read that right.  We stopped going when we had kids.  We actually took the pair earlier this year, which was our first return in 8 years.

We also live near Carowinds in Fort Mill, SC, but we both haven't been there in over 10 years.  It's a pretty good park too.

Oh, I love going to theme parks.  When I lived in New Jersey, I got season passes for Six Flags.  I went every chance I had.  I loved the Superman rollercoast but Nitro was my most favorite one!  I live in Florida so I go to the Disney Parks and Universal quite often.  In fact, I'm going next weekend for the Food & Wine Festival.  🙂

Love roller coasters and amusement parks. I always get whatever pass they have that lets me skip the 2 hour line. Totally worth it every time. Except Sea World, I got there early and didn’t have to buy it, made my wife run to all the roller coasters before it got busy. 

yes we were in our early 30’s and didn’t have a kid yet lol

Edited by a3quit4s

• 4 weeks later...