IGNORED

ebay. non payers.

docile tapeworm

So, what do you do if someone makes a BIN, Best Offer that's auto-accepted and they don't pay?  I had/have my Magic Knight Rayearth listed for $1,100, taking BOs but auto-accepted $1,000 or more.  Someone made an offer of $1,000 so it was accepted.  However, they've not paid and that was 48 hours ago? Anyone had this happen?  I haven't sent a recommendation, but I'm just suspicious why someone would basically hit the BIN button but not pay.  That's the point of BIN.  True, I may have had to accept the offer, but eBay immediately tells you if your offer has been auto-accepted, correct?  If that's the case, they should have immediately known it was time to pay up.

• Wow! 1

35 minutes ago, RH said:

So, what do you do if someone makes a BIN, Best Offer that's auto-accepted and they don't pay?  I had/have my Magic Knight Rayearth listed for $1,100, taking BOs but auto-accepted $1,000 or more.  Someone made an offer of $1,000 so it was accepted.  However, they've not paid and that was 48 hours ago? Anyone had this happen?  I haven't sent a recommendation, but I'm just suspicious why someone would basically hit the BIN button but not pay.  That's the point of BIN.  True, I may have had to accept the offer, but eBay immediately tells you if your offer has been auto-accepted, correct?  If that's the case, they should have immediately known it was time to pay up.

Send them a reminder then file a non-paying bidder. I don’t think there is anything else you can do. I’ve had this happen with high end items a few times and eBay unfortunately counts this as a sale which is usual recorded by GVN and/or PC. We can’t get into the mind of why some bidders do they things they do. I’ve always sent an email after 72 hours and said please let me know if you intent to purchase if not please put in for a cancellation so I can relist the item. Always worked for me because I end up with some bs excuse but just happy I can relist the item.

21 minutes ago, Mr. CIB said:

Send them a reminder then file a non-paying bidder. I don’t think there is anything else you can do. I’ve had this happen with high end items a few times and eBay unfortunately counts this as a sale which is usual recorded by GVN and/or PC. We can’t get into the mind of why some bidders do they things they do. I’ve always sent an email after 72 hours and said please let me know if you intent to purchase if not please put in for a cancellation so I can relist the item. Always worked for me because I end up with some bs excuse but just happy I can relist the item.

You know, this behavior could be gamed.  Fake-buy an item or two, and if it's a high-dollar item and it's recorded at GVN or PC, then you've artificially inflated the projected value of the item.

I'm not saying that happened to me, but if you wanted to push up the price on a rare item, doing that once or twice could elevate the fake, estimated value and then you can use it to sell to some poor collector locally or through Facebook. 😕

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RH said:

I've had this happen a bunch of times. I look at it as part of the business. Other than someones mind being changed another thing I noticed is that video games and toys attracts a lot of people who really don't know what they are doing and I get messages from mothers or guardians saying the account they have was being misused.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2020 at 5:30 PM, jonebone said:

1.  So you're too busy to pay for items, yet not too busy to spend time searching ebay, finding the ones you want, and determining a max bid?  

2.  See the thing is, most collectors actually look forward to receiving the items they bid on.  So, they generally want to pay in a reasonable time frame so they get their item shipped sooner.  

3.  I've dealt with thousands of buyers and sellers over the years and if you don't pay within a day or two you're in the less than 1% club.  And in that less than 1% club, these people also tend to be the one that play "shenanigans" as I call it.  Whether that's doing returns, buyers remorse, asking a million questions, trying to renegotiate after the sale, etc.

4.  And all of those 1% people get blocked from me after the sale is complete.  I will GLADLY take less money from a no hassle buyer than deal with one who has issues.  You can justify it youself however you like, but sellers do not want to deal with these people period. 

Disagree on this 1000%, too many generalisations. I will address your post and to make it easier to address, I have numbered each paragraph above.

1.  Yup. If there's a seven-day auction, there's a very real possibility that I viewed it on Monday, threw down my max bid or a snipe into some sort of bidding / sniping software, then went on with my life. Why not? Unless it's a Stadium Events prototype or something, for less significant items, bid your max and keep going, with real life. If the auction happens to end on a Friday and I'm on a flight someplace (again a very very realistic situation), how am I to pay immediately? And even if I could, it's realistic to believe that other things would have a higher priority / be higher on the mind, so to speak.

2.  If the item ends on Sunday and the guy only ships on Wednesdays, whether I pay on Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday is not likely to expedite the shipping of my item. I've paid for items immediately and received them late, similarly have paid late and received them quickly. Seasoned collectors are patient, they realise that the best items in their collection are obtained after months or years of effort, and such patience required eventually seeps into their being overall. Yeah, I'm not losing sleep if a game arrives a day later than expected.

3.  I've dealt with thousands of buyers and sellers too over the years, and have only had problems twice I think? I'd actually argue otherwise, the people who pay the quickest are usually also the ones most impatient to receive the goods, and then in similar fashion most likely to start "getting funny" over a scratch or dent or something like that.

4. Yup, sellers don't want to deal with bad buyers, and buyers don't want to deal with bad sellers, agreed.

On 8/21/2020 at 9:29 AM, Mr. CIB said:

This was the right answer. I just sent a polite email and the guy got back and apologized. He said his card hasn't been working well with eBay.

I responded and thanked him and relisted it.

• Like 1

This is hard to suggest anything, this looks more like another one of those "online shopping complaints". I just remember from the top of my head that if you deal with a scummy buyer that doesn't pay or pays and leaves negative feedback shortly after, then you can cancel the transaction for any reason and send refund and you will always have any feedback removed because no transaction = no feedback, you just need to report it. The only thing I remember is that if you cancel the transaction for a reason "item is out of stock" then you may get a penalty for it or something like that because you are supposed to have the items you sell or end them on your own beforehand

Personally another good practice I can recommend is turning off any offers and make another claim in the description "I don't accept any offers". This is simply because I kept receiving low-balling spam offers below 10% value with some stupid excuses. Additionally I can remember that many times whenever I accepted an offer and did the transactions, the buyers were usually problematic and were requesting returns and, of course, wanted to make me eat the return shipping costs. Guess if they can't afford full price then they can't afford return prices either, right?? Turn that option off and you can have problems reduced

Edited by VegaVegas