IGNORED

What's your most prized possession (aka. The unofficial VGS Bingo! Submission Thread)

RH

EDIT

I made this post below for my submission, but you all can post along as well.  Feel free to use this topic so we can all share.  What's your most prized gaming possession?

Original Post

Well, it's hard for me to post a "most prized possession" because it's rather relative.  Regardless, this is a game that as of now is a bit of a one-of-a-kind.  If anyone has been following along with our Game Boy Variant guide, Nintendo around 1999/2000 re-released a bunch of early titles.  Games like Super Mario Land, Super Mario Land 2, Dr. Mario and maybe there are other ones that no one has found yet.  As you can imagine, these early titles were easy to find at used game shops and since they were greatest hits and "old", they didn't sell to well.  Games like Super Mario Land in cart-only form seem to show up on eBay maybe 1-2 times a year.

When I was searching for my copies of these games, luck allowed me to find a CIB copy of Super Mario Land 2 in pretty good shape that was of this subset.  I've been looking for all of these titles for years, and this is the only CIB title I've ever seen.  It's probably not a one-of-a-kind, but considering it's rarity, even part of the larger re-release set, it's a prized possession and I've even considering getting it graded just to protect it.

Super Mario Land 2, Rated-E variant, CIB Gallery

Edited by RH
  • Like 4

Already posted my OOT in the grailzzz thread and the rules are it's not retroactive so I guess I have to post something else. My Twilight Zone pinball. Bought it in amazing shape from the second owner whose had it since the mid-90s and tricked it all the way out just the way I wanted it.

The bingo rules didn't say it has to be a video game.

TYfPnGF.png

• Like 5
  • Wow! 1

1 minute ago, DefaultGen said:

Already posted my OOT in the grailzzz thread and the rules are it's not retroactive so I guess I have to post something else. My Twilight Zone pinball. Bought it in amazing shape from the second owner whose had it since the mid-90s and tricked it all the way out just the way I wanted it.

The bingo rules didn't say it has to be a video game.

Does this have a video display? Yes.

Is it a game? Yes.

Ergo, even if it needs to be as much as video game related, this is a "video game". 😛

4 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Y'all gettin' real loosy-goosy with what the rules state, and I don't mind that at all if I'm being honest. If pinball isn't relevant then I'm out.

These gloves got to be on Ryan Gosling's hand during Drive, therefore this must be Gloves' favorite movie...

x9xO6wT.png

Edited by DefaultGen

I had to think about this one for a bit.  Should I show my most valuable game?  Well no, because I'm not particularly fond of it.  So I had to think about what was special, and what would truly bum me out if it went missing (or something).  I traded all my childhood NES games away, and this is the oldest game that I still have (well not counting SMW as that was a pack-in) from back then.  My Mom got me this for Christmas:

ff2.thumb.jpg.3f1a9fa9c57093260b48e674e671a68b.jpg

This is MY Final Fantasy II, we've even got the video where I unwrapped it.  You can see me  just casually throw the inner baggie into the pile of discarded wrapping paper.  But I kept everything else, as best I could at least.  It's only been in a box protector for about 2 years.  I've played it many times, and I'd be hard pressed to pick a Final Fantasy game I like more than this one.  It was a glorious combination of game play, story, and characters, with a touch of right place/right time for this game during my more impressionable years that make me love it so much.

• Like 6

My most prized possession in my collection is easily my sealed copy of Pokemon Red. My wife and I sell some of her duplicate comics at the local cons, and at one of the last ones we went to, there was a game dealer who had Pokemon Red. I was looking for one CIB and was shocked to learn it was actually sealed and only $300 CAD. I inspected it and it turned out to be legit, so I couldn't say no. It was an absolute steal compared to what price charting sites have it listed at now, plus it's a game that has a ton of meaning to me. The first generation Pokemon games were the first ones I ever owned and got to call my own game. I don't think anything else can ever top this for me.

EDIT: I just realized I forgot to add the picture of it, so here it is! 😄 Really hoping to get a cool case to put it in someday. I think something that can light up red would be amazing for this!

gk820vce7si21.jpg?width=432&auto=webp&s=

Edited by Adorabear
Forgot my pic
  • Like 4
  • Wow! 1

8 hours ago, Hammerfestus said:

Got to be my copy of Suikoden II from random x-mas gift when I was a teen.  Favorite game.  
Only thing that rivals it is probably my childhood copy of Dragon Warrior which I have rehomed in a new box etc.  

17 hours ago, Jicsan said:

This is MY Final Fantasy II, we've even got the video where I unwrapped it.  You can see me  just casually throw the inner baggie into the pile of discarded wrapping paper.  But I kept everything else, as best I could at least.  It's only been in a box protector for about 2 years.  I've played it many times, and I'd be hard pressed to pick a Final Fantasy game I like more than this one.  It was a glorious combination of game play, story, and characters, with a touch of right place/right time for this game during my more impressionable years that make me love it so much.

I sold off all of my stuff from my childhood with a couple of rare exceptions.  I'm 99% sure my CIB Nintendo 64 is my original one and I have a Saturn Promo VHS that I received and never let go.  I've shown those off before, which is why I went with the SML2 but man, I get it.  Collecting is so much about nostalgia.  It's the stuff from your childhood that you always value the most.

• Like 1

If it's based on like wow factor or money I think it could vary.

As a single item on money it would be my sealed up Pokemon Red Version I keep in a shadowbox.

But if we're talking on the whole, it would be something I wanted since I was a kid, my own arcade machine, therefore my Neo-Geo 2 slot cabinet and the stack of game PCB cartridges I have for it.  On the whole definitely both the most expensive, but also most cared about since it's an amusement machine not just some retail item.

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted

If I had to pick one, it would probably be my N64 "Feel Everything" bundle. As far as I'm aware, this was a PAL N64 bundled with copies of Ocarina of Time and Mario 64, as well as a promotional VHS. It was exclusive to Nintendo employees in Belgium, for whatever reason. As such, it's incredibly rare, and generally pretty expensive. I've always liked it because it's not only rare and expensive, but it's also something that many people just don't even know exists, which just adds something to it for me. It's pretty dinged up, probably one of the worst condition one of these that exists unfortunately, but I'm still very happy to own it regardless. The outer sleeve is the main distinguishing factor of course. I don't know how many of these are known to exist, but I can't imagine it's higher than double digits. It seems to have become slightly more common since when I got mine, but these things were rare as all hell when I got this one a few years back.

20190428_205335.jpg?width=809&height=455

20190428_205358.jpg?width=809&height=455

20190428_205438.jpg?width=809&height=455

20190428_205505.jpg?width=809&height=455

20190428_205603.jpg?width=809&height=455

Right one contains the VHS, left one obviously contains the PAL copy of SM64.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, ZeldaFreak said:

If I had to pick one, it would probably be my N64 "Feel Everything" bundle. As far as I'm aware, this was a PAL N64 bundled with copies of Ocarina of Time and Mario 64, as well as a promotional VHS. It was exclusive to Nintendo employees in Belgium, for whatever reason. As such, it's incredibly rare, and generally pretty expensive. I've always liked it because it's not only rare and expensive, but it's also something that many people just don't even know exists, which just adds something to it for me. It's pretty dinged up, probably one of the worst condition one of these that exists unfortunately, but I'm still very happy to own it regardless. The outer sleeve is the main distinguishing factor of course. I don't know how many of these are known to exist, but I can't imagine it's higher than double digits. It seems to have become slightly more common since when I got mine, but these things were rare as all hell when I got this one a few years back.

20190428_205335.jpg?width=809&height=455

20190428_205358.jpg?width=809&height=455

20190428_205438.jpg?width=809&height=455

20190428_205505.jpg?width=809&height=455

20190428_205603.jpg?width=809&height=455

Right one contains the VHS, left one obviously contains the PAL copy of SM64.

I'm in Belgium and I did not even know about it, very nice! The console box sleeve is a common Belgian/French promo console thing.

• Like 1