IGNORED

Sealed SMB Sold for $140,000 to Crowdfunding Investment Company

1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

But he doesn't shuttle you to the airport and/or strip club!

Have you got a free seminar I can attend to be exposed to more of your high pressure sales tactics?

Because you already had me at the part where you let me wander into your house no questions asked, and now we're talking airport transportation AND a strip club?!

This is sounding WAY better than any Mario Bros. pyramid already, count me in I'm packing my bags as we speak!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I know a lot of people here are friends with Deniz from NA days. I never knew the guy, but he sure seems like a giant douchebag now. I remember his sappy post on NA about his deep love for collecting video games and how his life wasn't complete without it. It was all part of the long con to build rapport while he was founding WATA.

I submitted two games to WATA and they both took 6 months to be graded instead of the 15 day turnaround I paid for. Meanwhile, he was still meeting same-day turnaround for people who paid for it. I sent over 10 emails, which were all completely ignored. What a garbage company.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Californication said:

Isn't this the same structure they were trying to sell ownership in "investment" homes with? Lol.

"They" who?  These same guys?

Real estate syndicates (where you make an initial buy-in for a fixed portion, in a fairly illiquid way) are reasonably common. Though those at least pay rental income on your share... 😛

18 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

"They" who?  These same guys?

Real estate syndicates (where you make an initial buy-in for a fixed portion, in a fairly illiquid way) are reasonably common. Though those at least pay rental income on your share... 😛

Not these guys. But ya, "real estate syndicates." Doesn't this seem similar? I mean maybe they could rent out the tapes for people to post in their Youtube video's. 😛

15 hours ago, BreaKBeatZ said:

I know a lot of people here are friends with Deniz from NA days. I never knew the guy, but he sure seems like a giant douchebag now. I remember his sappy post on NA about his deep love for collecting video games and how his life wasn't complete without it. It was all part of the long con to build rapport while he was founding WATA.

I submitted two games to WATA and they both took 6 months to be graded instead of the 15 day turnaround I paid for. Meanwhile, he was still meeting same-day turnaround for people who paid for it. I sent over 10 emails, which were all completely ignored. What a garbage company.

Hahaha, funny you should mention this, I remember calling Deniz a douche once over on NA, many years back, though later I publically apologized. I don't remember what had caused the spat that would lead to this, but I reckon I had probably been doing the dangerous combination of drinking and posting, and he said or did something I strongly disagreed with.

It was pre-wata days, maybe I somehow "sensed" the stupidity he'd  later bring to the hobby.

Edited by fcgamer
  • Like 2

The funny thing is, IF this marketplace actually functions as advertised AND you can actually unload your "shares" AND the fees aren't exorbitant, this would likely be a profitable investment. My guess is that the total value will shoot up to $200,000 almost immediately since supply will be artificially limited and most people will not understand what they are buying. However, due to the numerous reasons that have been explicitly highlighted above, I wouldn't touch this with a 10 foot poll.

19 hours ago, Californication said:

Not these guys. But ya, "real estate syndicates." Doesn't this seem similar? I mean maybe they could rent out the tapes for people to post in their Youtube video's. 😛

Well, real estate syndicates can be completely legitimate, you just have to know what you're getting into.  (and usually, you're not talking about a slice of something this small -- you're talking about using a syndicate to get access to larger commercial property, apartment complexes, or hotels, where the minimum buy-in is $50k-$100k per person)

2 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

Well, real estate syndicates can be completely legitimate, you just have to know what you're getting into.  (and usually, you're not talking about a slice of something this small -- you're talking about using a syndicate to get access to larger commercial property, apartment complexes, or hotels, where the minimum buy-in is $50k-$100k per person)

Honestly, Idk anything about that. I just remember seeing someone on Sharktank pitch an app. to do that kind of bus. and they shredded him.

5 hours ago, arch_8ngel said:

Now that's a syndicate a guy could get behind

On 8/14/2020 at 3:04 PM, BreaKBeatZ said:

TBH when I saw his game room and realized he wasn't even old enough to drink at that point, I kinda figured it out.

6 hours ago, Californication said:

Honestly, Idk anything about that. I just remember seeing someone on Sharktank pitch an app. to do that kind of bus. and they shredded him.

I dont' watch Sharktank, so i don't know the particulars -- but an app for investments that require you to be an accredited investor seems ridiculous. (and a big SEC headache waiting to happen)