IGNORED

Help tracking down other copies of the Franklin the Turtle plush set for GBA

MiamiSlice

Been doing a little sleuthing regarding Franklin the Turtle for GBA. Here's mine which I posted in a haul a while back: 

E0A3CD62-35EF-4A73-B160-2850759E716A.thu

PriceCharting history tells me one of these sold right after I posted my haul and there was another, apparently not sealed, that sold a couple years ago. Outside of those two eBay transactions, I haven't found any info about this or other copies out there. Except... I did find an old NA thread (link is dead now but I found it via Google Image Search): 

franklin.jpg.2496ca8173bcfbfe50238bd61903a000.jpg

Obviously that link is dead but the photo comes from Photobucket user "Iamyouremom." Was that someone on NA? And does anyone know who might have bought that Franklin the Turtle? Just curious!

https://smg.photobucket.com/user/Iamyouremom/media/20131125_152802_zpsd4589924.jpg.html?o=286

^ that's from 2013-11-25

• Like 1

Anyone have one of these that's either sealed or 100% complete and good condition, and want's to sell, send me your price.

I wasn't aware of this item.  My wife and I weren't even married back in the GBA era, but years later my kids loved the Franklin books.  If this isn't to outrageous, I might want to pick this up.

Thanks guys.

7 hours ago, jonebone said:

Yeah it's not that rare there's been a lot of them on ebay throughout the years. I think I may have linked you to the one you bought @RpgCollector a few years back?

Yep. Jonebone pointed it out to me many moons ago. The seller had 2 and I bought them both. Sold the other one to a member on Nintendo age I think?

• 1 month later...
On 8/13/2020 at 2:27 PM, RpgCollector said:

Not a display box. That is the games box. Was sold that way at Sams Club or Costco. Can’t remember which one.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hey, could I get some more images of Uno / Skip-Bo (the one above Veggie Tales) and World Championship Poker?

...please and thank you!

Edited by thatgamernerd
Don't need to see Yu-Gi-Oh!, found it on Mercari.

4 minutes ago, thatgamernerd said:

Oh, yeah. That's probably just a retailer bundle. Does World Championship Poker have any sticker or anything on the front letting you know it comes with a pack of cards?

No sticker but the cards are made by Crave and the UPC has a new sticker over it. I have seen this pack at least 3 other times.

11 minutes ago, RpgCollector said:

After I posted in this thread I found the other “Big Box 4 Pack” sold at Costco/Sams Club. Check it out next to the normal releases.

image.jpg

image.jpg

6 minutes ago, thatgamernerd said:

That is freakin' awesome. There's gotta be something else in those giant boxes, right? I mean that's a whole lot of cardboard for one measly cartridge!

Do those big boxes NOT contain each regular sized box? Do they really just have a single multi-cart? That would be insane if true.

2 minutes ago, thatgamernerd said:

Haha, I didn't mean it that way, I'm pretty sure they include the normal-sized boxes in there.

Nope. Just the cart and manuals. I opened this one years ago. The other is still sealed. regular box would not fit. Look at the cart holder built into the box in the center.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow! 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1