IGNORED

All Things Tetris 99

Makar

I could've sworn I already made this thread a while back but nope. 

This thread is for all things Tetris 99. Post your wins, stats, badges, personal records, if you want to face someone in a match, talk strategy, future Tetris 99 Maximus tournament announcements, etc. 

I will start by giving some strategy. Not general Tetris strategy, but moreso Tetris 99 specific strategy. I have found that if you target KOs or Attackers, you usually end up with the best chance to win. This is because your target usually stays the same, you can target multiple people at once, or you can get someone out quickly who is on the verge of being eliminated. You want to wrack up KOs to get your badges quickly so that you can deal out more garbage damage. 

Always hold an i piece. This comes in very handy when you need a Tetris, either an offensive or defensive one. 

You can also build up very high at the beginning, bait people into targeting you, switch to attackers, then get off some quick tetrises to dish out a ton of garbage lines. Usually you'll get 1-3 KOs from doing this. 

And now that the strategy is out there, I'm proud to say I have cracked the 100 win mark! 

IMG_20200812_211700406.thumb.jpg.809ec146d8d8121852522d9c06897bac.jpg

How are you guys fairing? I'd love to see stats and badges and whatnot! 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tetris 99 Maximus Cup Event Notices!

The 16th Maximus Cup goes from August 14th 2020 - August 22nd 2020

The event will be to give players a chance to get 3 in game themes in case they missed them the first go around. The themes are animal crossing, Luigi's Mansion 3, and ringfit adventure. 

Edited by Makar

My wife loves this game. The best we can do is 6th place though. Can't seem to get a win yet. Just need to work on speed and properly switching where to send your garbage pieces. I think we are not getting enough badges and by late game it is catching up with us. 

Occasionally we will get games where it seems within not even 20 seconds we were targeted by everyone and had 10-15 lines sent at once knocking us out in the first 10 people. 

On 8/12/2020 at 10:52 PM, Magus said:

My wife loves this game. The best we can do is 6th place though. Can't seem to get a win yet. Just need to work on speed and properly switching where to send your garbage pieces. I think we are not getting enough badges and by late game it is catching up with us. 

Occasionally we will get games where it seems within not even 20 seconds we were targeted by everyone and had 10-15 lines sent at once knocking us out in the first 10 people. 

I find that a good strategy is actually not to switch who you target too much if at all. Basically always keep it on KOs or attackers. I switch to attackers when I have multiple people targeting me because then you send garbage to all of those people. Being targeted by everyone can actually be a good thing because you can rack up KOs quickly. I also find a good way not to get knocked out is to do a Tetris after you have garbage being sent to you. That way it counters what you're being sent.