IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Caveman Games

BeaIank

3 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Wednesday stories from skinnys past really brings some light to a dark part of my work week. Keep the tradition going the rest of the season. 

3 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I agree. Wednesday stories with skinny needs to be a thing.

thanks. it is fun to tell them...and it helps me too somehow. i cant really explain...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mbd39 said:

Who would you have play you in a biopic?

8 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Tom Green would make a good skinny.

7 hours ago, ninjistar said:

Austin.... Austin, Massachusetts. 

You mean Boston?

Yeah, that's what I said. Boston... Boston, Massachusetts. 

i used to love the tom green show 😂 what a weird dude lol

4 hours ago, Murray said:

It's people like Skinny who destroy Wembley Stadium every year!

when he made the goal i died! 😂

6 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Clearly he'd be played by Anders.  I know for a fact that this stuff is always going down in Florida

im always saying ill trade video games for over the pants lefty h.j's

I can't do the dino vault to save my life. I go in the dinos mouth most of the time. Lowered the bar all the way down to 20 and got over once, but the default record is 29, so I can't get a photo in the cave of fame. 

I'm mashing a like a madman, but not getting quite a full speed bar. Is there something I'm missing here?

3 hours ago, Gaia Gensouki said:

You can get 30 even if the bar is not completely full. The most important aspects seem to be where you start jumping and how long you press that jump button.

Thanks. I am getting a little better, but its tough. I got 23 foots. Tried to move up to 25, but it kills my thumb quick. Hoping to keep slowly moving up 

@BeaIank and @guillavoie, may want to look at that scoring issue. The default record for that event is 29 foots and the max score is 30 foots. So the only way to get a photo of the cave of fame record is to max it. I paused after clearing the dino and didn't have much trouble getting a pic. If we can't do it that way, everyone who registers a score for that event is going to tie for first. 

• Thanks 1

Events Team · Posted
4 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Thanks. I am getting a little better, but its tough. I got 23 foots. Tried to move up to 25, but it kills my thumb quick. Hoping to keep slowly moving up 

@BeaIank and @guillavoie, may want to look at that scoring issue. The default record for that event is 29 foots and the max score is 30 foots. So the only way to get a photo of the cave of fame record is to max it. I paused after clearing the dino and didn't have much trouble getting a pic. If we can't do it that way, everyone who registers a score for that event is going to tie for first. 

You're right, it doesn't leave room for anything else than 30 foots the way it is now. We'll have to accept picture taken immediately after the Dino Vault, where we can see 'heights' on screen.

I'll amend the rules for that.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ninjistar said:

I got mine in this week too. I was truly SHOCKED at how large the box was! I paid no attention to these details before buying 😄 

I didn't have any ideas on how big the box would be, but I figured it would be a pretty good size.  My ten year old daughter was very shocked however.  We had a good time putting it together.  She still asks to play with these sets now and then.

image000000(1).thumb.jpg.9878da1405723d42a9c12a91946f56ea.jpg

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Bert, you were having a great time playing Legos. Keep the positive momentum going. Cyborgs are too sophisticated to throw their wives or try to hop t-rexs anyhow 

Well, I do have the other new Mario legos, but they aren't nearly as fun as the NES set.  But you're right.  I should keep playing with legos.

9 minutes ago, CMR said:

mate toss: 95 foots

dino vault: 30 foots

fire starting: 23.7 seconds

dino race: 65.6 seconds

sabre race: 48.1 seconds

You didn't mention the badass part. Played every event as Thag. Your dedication to your ancestry is unwavering. 

Edited by NESfiend
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1