IGNORED

FS/FO All 67 NES Sachen Games w/ all 4 variants of Huge Insect and newly discovered game!

Bomberman64

On 8/5/2020 at 12:17 PM, ThePhleo said:

There’s a guy with a loose cart too, showed up literally just as soon as I got him into collecting these things right after I told him it existed and wished him good luck on finding it ever...like really 1 in a million odds. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Also, I wouldn’t want you to split up the lot. It’s too precious as it is to have all 67 games right there.

I have two Padillian Gais.  There are probably tons of these around.  The rarity of these and Huge Insect seems pretty exaggerated. 

On 8/5/2020 at 1:12 PM, ThePhleo said:

No joke I’m furious with myself. I’ve been legit waiting three years for a Sachen full set to be posted and here we are only a few weeks after my largest gaming pickup.

I’d much rather own this Sachen set than a shitty world class track meet first print...I just can’t justify selling it now that it’s in my hands.

Also, incoming angry @Gloves for bumping threads >_> don’t ban me gloves until I get my sachens...I promise I’ll stop making fun of Canada and it’s various types of currency.

There have been a couple sets posted on NA maybe around 2017-2018 and maybe another 1 (or 2?) on eBay.  Maybe one of the ones on NA was a repost of the eBay auction...I forget.  Were you around and looking during this time?

The games are always on eBay.  You just have to keep an eye out. I much rather have a Sachen set than a Stadium Events too, but just reassure yourself that SE draws much more interest and will probably hold its value more. 

Edited by Noobguy

• 1 month later...
On 8/28/2020 at 12:02 AM, Noobguy said:

Bomberman64

That is a very nice collection, but I'm curious how you came to the price of $25k.  Seems quite high.     

Is it just the convenience of having them all here in one go without having to look for them individually?  I could see the appeal of this to some collectors with large bankrolls. 

Sorry for the late reply. I haven't been on this site for a while. I came up with the price because one lot of just the 66 games with the most common purple variant of Huge Insect sold for 10k. It's near impossible to have all 4 variants, Padillon Gais, and the entire set at once and my variant of Thunder Blast Man as well. I only know of 1 other guy who has the same set as me, and he said he'd sell it more than what I'm asking. I have never seen another Padillon Gais pop up on NA or elsewhere. I would like to see pictures of the two you have and of course aren't Famicom carts either because that's not the same as my set. But even still if I think this is the same guy on eBay, you may still have a Padillon Gais (again not Famicom), but not even a full Sachen set and variants. So my pricing is very fair because we all know this isn't even a set people want to go for because it can take over a decade to finish or never finish. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bomberman64 said:

Sorry for the late reply. I haven't been on this site for a while. I came up with the price because one lot of just the 66 games with the most common purple variant of Huge Insect sold for 10k. It's near impossible to have all 4 variants, Padillon Gais, and the entire set at once and my variant of Thunder Blast Man as well. I only know of 1 other guy who has the same set as me, and he said he'd sell it more than what I'm asking. I have never seen another Padillon Gais pop up on NA or elsewhere. I would like to see pictures of the two you have and of course aren't Famicom carts either because that's not the same as my set. But even still if I think this is the same guy on eBay, you may still have a Padillon Gais (again not Famicom), but not even a full Sachen set and variants. So my pricing is very fair because we all know this isn't even a set people want to go for because it can take over a decade to finish or never finish. 

Are you talking about me again?  I’ve never discussed selling my set...?  

image.jpg

• Like 1

I believe that the 72-pin Sachen games are much more common than the 60-pin versions.

During the early 90s and late 80s, it's been confirmed that Sachen sold  72-pin versions of their games to countries around the world. Some seemingly ended up in the USA, tons appeared to have made it to places such as Italy, and Scandinavia.  Compare that to the distribution for the 60-pin carts during that time, which seems to have been primarily in Taiwan, with an occasional sale to somewhere like Thailand.

When the games began being imported as whole complete sets, in the early 2000s, again most of what everyone was importing was the 72-pin carts, as western collectors generally cared about nes over famicom.

So there's wider distribution, and also most sets from the second group going directly into the hands of collectors. With the Famicom versions though, most were sold in retail in one country, and people were buying them to play, not to collect, at a time when people weren't even able or interested in getting full sets .

So yeah, it's a very nice set, but I honestly have no desire at all to own a set of 72 pin Sachen games, it just does nothing for me given the true circumstances surrounding it.

In addition, all of the hype about the coloured box variants, I don't see any appeal in that either. With Famicom versions, Sachen had used a whole variety of plastic mould colours, but I've yet to see someone care much about it. I feel the same on the colored  box differences, they're all generic, they're all modern, it was literally just a random thing depending what they had available, and thus not even worthy of being considered a true variant imo.

Moderator · Posted
3 hours ago, fcgamer said:

In addition, all of the hype about the coloured box variants, I don't see any appeal in that either. With Famicom versions, Sachen had used a whole variety of plastic mould colours, but I've yet to see someone care much about it. I feel the same on the colored  box differences, they're all generic, they're all modern, it was literally just a random thing depending what they had available, and thus not even worthy of being considered a true variant imo.

Start a thread for this, someone’s sale thread is not the place for your opinions on it. 

Moderator · Posted
1 minute ago, fcgamer said:

@doner24 With all due respect, probably 80% of the dribble in this thread shouldn't be in OP's sale thread, not really sure why I'm the one being called out specifically.

Because yours is negative, calling into question the legitimacy of the variants and comparing them to others that you think are harder to find. 

Moderator · Posted
1 hour ago, fcgamer said:

I'm just stating the facts here, not trying to be negative about it at all.

Yep, just spitting facts here.

“In addition, all of the hype about the coloured box variants, I don't see any appeal in that either. “

“I feel the same on the colored  box differences, they're all generic, they're all modern, it was literally just a random thing depending what they had available, and thus not even worthy of being considered a true variant imo.”

On 9/30/2020 at 12:40 PM, Bomberman64 said:

Where was a set sold for $10k?  I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but I didn't catch that one.  The last 3 sets that were posted on this site in the last couple years all sold for less than half that.

So if you are saying a set is worth $10k, you are pricing the value of 3 Huge Insects + Padillon Gais at $15k? 

Regarding the request for pictures of my games, I moved across the country about 2 years ago and have moved the majority of my games into a storage unit.  I've shared pics of my Sachen games with ThePhleo before, so he can confirm ownership of at least one Padillon Gais copy + several Huge Insects.  You'll just have to take my word that I also picked up a 2nd copy.  😉    

Let us know if you decide to split up the collection.  I would be willing to give you a few thousand for the ones I'm missing.  

• Like 1

On 10/1/2020 at 9:24 AM, doner24 said:

Because yours is negative, calling into question the legitimacy of the variants and comparing them to others that you think are harder to find. 

I think it's fair.  Some feel a duty to point out factual inaccuracies to others in our community to prevent people from being taken advantage of.  There have already been 4 copies of Padillon Gais identified in this small thread alone, and there are surely many more, but now over a month after being told this, Bomberman64 is still advertising on eBay that there are only 2 copies in existence.  That's just dishonest scamming.  I don't see anything wrong with anything fcgamer said.  When people do this stuff, they should be called out IMO.  

• Like 1

Moderator · Posted
8 minutes ago, Noobguy said:

I think it's fair.  Some feel a duty to point out factual inaccuracies to others in our community to prevent people from being taken advantage of.  There have already been 4 copies of Padillon Gais identified in this small thread alone, and there are surely many more, but now over a month after being told this, Bomberman64 is still advertising on eBay that there are only 2 copies in existence.  That's just dishonest scamming.  I don't see anything wrong with anything fcgamer said.  When people do this stuff, they should be called out IMO.  

I’ll repeat it, since apparently you didn’t understand it the first time. His opinions aren’t helpful to someone’s sales thread and that’s what I was referencing above. Pointing out someone being dishonest or deceitful is one thing, but that’s not what he did. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Noobguy said:

Yeah, except they haven't. I still haven't seen any photos other than the second one from Braveheart which is what I am referring to on my eBay page. The other guy showed me a picture of a sold listing (with no picture of the game) which said Famicom on the title of the listing, when these are not Famicom carts. Then he, of course, says it's in storage and that I have to take his word for it. Not buying it. Show me pictures. Then I'll change it. And it needs to be CIB with manual. I'm not being dishonest or scamming anyone. You should probably be more careful with your words and try and be a little smarter when calling people out with literally no evidence lol.

2 hours ago, Bomberman64 said:

Yeah, except they haven't. I still haven't seen any photos other than the second one from Braveheart which is what I am referring to on my eBay page. The other guy showed me a picture of a sold listing (with no picture of the game) which said Famicom on the title of the listing, when these are not Famicom carts. Then he, of course, says it's in storage and that I have to take his word for it. Not buying it. Show me pictures. Then I'll change it. And it needs to be CIB with manual. I'm not being dishonest or scamming anyone. You should probably be more careful with your words and try and be a little smarter when calling people out with literally no evidence lol.

None of what you are saying is true.  I sent you pictures weeks ago, and none of the pictures I sent had anything to do with Famicom games.  I sent you this completed auction (NES, not Famicom) that I won best offer for $175:

s-l1600.jpg

I spoke with ThePhleo a few months after getting this, and as he collects images of Sachen games, he very well may have saved a picture of this game I won.  I've spoken a lot with ThePhleo in the past about Sachen stuff.   

This is the only image I've found on my phone.  It's a label picture of I believe the second copy (again, clearly not Famicom) that I used for the photo in my Retro Collector app.  If ThePhleo has the original picture from the above auction, he should be able to confirm this picture is a different label.         

IMG-2232.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/3/2020 at 3:30 PM, Noobguy said:

None of what you are saying is true.  I sent you pictures weeks ago, and none of the pictures I sent had anything to do with Famicom games.  I sent you this completed auction (NES, not Famicom) that I won best offer for $175:

s-l1600.jpg

I spoke with ThePhleo a few months after getting this, and as he collects images of Sachen games, he very well may have saved a picture of this game I won.  I've spoken a lot with ThePhleo in the past about Sachen stuff.   

This is the only image I've found on my phone.  It's a label picture of I believe the second copy (again, clearly not Famicom) that I used for the photo in my Retro Collector app.  If ThePhleo has the original picture from the above auction, he should be able to confirm this picture is a different label.         

IMG-2232.jpg

Then the only thing I will change is that there are only 2 known to exists CIB. Cart only still doesn't change anything from a fully cib library, and CIB is far more valuable than just a cart.