IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Kiwi Kraze

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's no rule for this, it's up to everyone at their discretion. My personal thoughts: I don't like spoilers for the contests myself, I like to figure it out. One thing that's different here versus

@ninjistar I like using spoilers  

I love this game that's why I suggested it. I play it when I'm bored. I forgot my psp however and am on vacation just like Doug. Might be able to play through it Saturday night or Sunday after work th

Posted Images

Member · Posted

Old scores:

Spoiler

I lost my (second to) last life on stopping after a respawn to wait for the lower left counter to tell me how many lives I had left, during which the frogs that spawn right at the start of this stage killed me right away >_>

Probably wouldn't have made a big difference anyway, this stage is a real bitch, and probably the biggest obstacle for me.

kiwikraze1.thumb.jpg.8c9c5b9d17e72eb1fc750ba82da5a98c.jpg

Updated score: 859,300

kiwikraze2.jpg.c6405784e0bded444a9eb10e6154aa8f.jpg

Updated score: 1,327,000

kiwikraze3.jpg.297d4be05037eb5d6fa4af3c852c7da9.jpg

Edited by Sumez
  • Like 1
  • Wow! 1
Member · Posted
6 minutes ago, Sumez said:

Got to the final stage with a bunch of lives to spare, so knocked up the score before getting the clear.

I feel like I can squeeze one more digit out of this, but I'm gonna leave this for now. 🙂

Bert Sampson could still win this week, but that looks like a great score.

I am wanting to keep playing tetris. Feel like I got ripped off hardly being able to play last week with such a great game in the contest. And @mbd39 had me watching a tetris champ make it look easy during some downtime at work today. Ill definitely get back to it here and there. Just scratching the surface, but this game seems decent. The rom I got didn't work. Luckily I have the cart. Pretty sure I bought it in error after reading a good review of kickle cubicle

Edited by NESfiend
Member · Posted
8 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

I am wanting to keep playing tetris. Feel like I got ripped off hardly being able to play last week with such a great game in the contest. And @mbd39 had me watching some tetris champ make it look easy during some downtime at work today Ill definitely get back to it here and there. Just scratching the surface, but this game seems decent. The rom I got didn't work. Lucky I have t he cart. Pretty sure I bought it in error after reading a good review of kickle cubicle

It was a rough week to get a decent top 8 placement unless you were already well experienced. It's not the kind of game that can be learned in a week.

Joseph Saelee might be the best player in the world right now and he's only in his teens.

Edited by mbd39
  • Like 2
Administrator · Posted
10 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

It was a rough week to get a decent top 8 placement unless you were already well experienced. It's not the kind of game that can be learned in a week.

Joseph Saelee might be the best player in the world right now and he's only in his teens.

Kids/teens' minds are still easy to change, to learn, and to memorize. Being "only in his teens" is a significant advantage.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Well maybe it was the right week to be work buried. Played a few more games and Im still having trouble breaking 100k. And whatever this dudes hand is doing to that controller was never going to happen. 

17 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Well maybe it was the right week to be work buried. Played a few more games and Im still having trouble breaking 100k. And whatever this dudes hand is doing to that controller was never going to happen. 

That's hypercramping, I mean hypertapping!

Member · Posted
16 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

That's hyper tapping, haha. They mash the directions really fast fast (I think over 11 times per second) to get pieces over quicker.

Getting pieces over quicker means being able stack higher at the faster speeds which is a huge advantage. The young tappers influenced by Joseph are starting to dominate Tetris.

• BeaIank unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Welcome to VGS!

Play, Make, Collect.

Here at VGS all kinds of gamers are welcome, and that includes you!

Join the conversation!

• Similar Content

• By BeaIank
      Ladies and gentleman, welcome to a brand new week of mind blowing puzzle action!
      This week, our competitors will have to show us all their brain power to solve the mysteries of QUARTH!!!
      The rules for this week are extremely simple:
      Play 1 player Start on Area 0 Pick the ship you prefer. Play till game over If you beat the game with more than 100K points, reset the console and beat stage 1 again. Your score will be on the hi score. Highest score wins Genre: Puzzle  

The contest ends Sunday, 05/09/21 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.
    • By BeaIank
      Welcome brave warriors and brace yourselves for this week we reach the unreachable final frontier!
      Our skilled players will have to prove their worth by conquering SPACE!
      So ready your ships, players, load your weapons and set off at light speed!
      This week, you will all have to master ALPHA MISSION!
      Here's the rules you will abide to:

Play till your last life or till you loop the game once. Once you reach SYD x 1 lives, pause the game at the start of the stage and take your picture You are not allowed to play your last life. You must pause the game, take your picture and end your run. Refer to the following line should you loop the game before you reach SYD x 1 lives ONE shall be the number thou shalt loop, and the number of the looping shall be one. Two shalt thou not loop, neither loop thou zero, excepting that thou then proceed to one. Thirteen is right out. Once the number one, being the first number, be reached, pause thy game and take thy picture. Thou run ends there. So, your run ends after you beat area 12. Should thou play a stage more than once, thou score shall be snuff out by the holy hand grenade and thus deemed invalid. If you pick the R power up, your run ends there. You must use missiles to kill the final boss. No point pressing on him allowed. JUST USE MISSILES AT HIM! You can reset a boss fight by going into the special ships selection screen. Don't use this glitch to fight a boss more than once. If you accidentally reset a boss fight after beating him once, your run is over. Thou must kill a boss only once Thou art forbidden to point press on the 6th boss. If thou point press there, I shall release The Beast of Caerbannog upon thee. Participation: 10,000 Genre: Shooter

The contest ends Sunday, 05/02/21 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.
    • By BeaIank
      LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!
      Welcome to the MOST EXPECTED week of our beloved Weekly Contest.
      A fast paced week, full of action and high scores where our skilled players struggle to prove who is the VERY BEST at MARBLE MADNESS!
      Expect several heavy hitters to show out of nowhere to try to claim the title of BEST MARBLE MADNESS VGS player!
      The rules for this skirmish are very simple:
      Play till game over or till you beat the game Highest score wins Participation: 5,000 Genre: Arcade Get your marbles ready and be mad about them!

The contest ends Sunday, 04/18/21 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.
    • By BeaIank
      Lasses and Lads, be READY, for a week of FAST paced racing is upon us!
      Our pilots will prove their mettle at the devious tracks of SUPER SPRINT!
      They must prove who is the fastest of them all through the following rules:
      Play till level 21 If you reach level 21, pause the game just as the race starts, without moving your car and take your picture If you fail to make to level 21, pause the game just as the opponent's car gets the checkered flag and take your picture Highest score wins Genre: Racing Now, hit the pedal to the metal!

The contest ends Sunday, 04/11/21 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.
    • By BeaIank
      Lads and gents, be welcome!
      We are about to start the 2ND ROUND of our BELOVED VGS NES WEEKLY Contest!
      We will have an action packed week this time around, with LOTS of shooting going on!
      Players, be prepared to tackle SMASH TV!!!!

Clean up your pads and get ready to get cramps on your fingers from shooting so damn much!
      Unlike SMB3 rules, those are very kind to all of you:
      Play till game over Play 1 player. You can play 1 player 2 controllers if you fancy Take your picture at the game over screen or pause the game as you lose your last life to take the picture. If you beat the game, you can take your picture at the "total bonus" screen instead of taking it on the game over screen. Highest score wins Participation: 50,000 Genre: Action May you win many brand new toasters this week!

The contest ends Sunday, 03/28/21 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.