IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Kiwi Kraze

BeaIank

Old scores:

Spoiler

I lost my (second to) last life on stopping after a respawn to wait for the lower left counter to tell me how many lives I had left, during which the frogs that spawn right at the start of this stage killed me right away >_>

Probably wouldn't have made a big difference anyway, this stage is a real bitch, and probably the biggest obstacle for me.

kiwikraze1.thumb.jpg.8c9c5b9d17e72eb1fc750ba82da5a98c.jpg

Updated score: 859,300

kiwikraze2.jpg.c6405784e0bded444a9eb10e6154aa8f.jpg

Updated score: 1,327,000

kiwikraze3.jpg.297d4be05037eb5d6fa4af3c852c7da9.jpg

Edited by Sumez
  • Like 1
  • Wow! 1

I am wanting to keep playing tetris. Feel like I got ripped off hardly being able to play last week with such a great game in the contest. And @mbd39 had me watching a tetris champ make it look easy during some downtime at work today. Ill definitely get back to it here and there. Just scratching the surface, but this game seems decent. The rom I got didn't work. Luckily I have the cart. Pretty sure I bought it in error after reading a good review of kickle cubicle

Edited by NESfiend

8 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

I am wanting to keep playing tetris. Feel like I got ripped off hardly being able to play last week with such a great game in the contest. And @mbd39 had me watching some tetris champ make it look easy during some downtime at work today Ill definitely get back to it here and there. Just scratching the surface, but this game seems decent. The rom I got didn't work. Lucky I have t he cart. Pretty sure I bought it in error after reading a good review of kickle cubicle

It was a rough week to get a decent top 8 placement unless you were already well experienced. It's not the kind of game that can be learned in a week.

Joseph Saelee might be the best player in the world right now and he's only in his teens.

Edited by mbd39
  • Like 2

Administrator · Posted
10 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

It was a rough week to get a decent top 8 placement unless you were already well experienced. It's not the kind of game that can be learned in a week.

Joseph Saelee might be the best player in the world right now and he's only in his teens.

Kids/teens' minds are still easy to change, to learn, and to memorize. Being "only in his teens" is a significant advantage.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Well maybe it was the right week to be work buried. Played a few more games and Im still having trouble breaking 100k. And whatever this dudes hand is doing to that controller was never going to happen. 

16 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Well maybe it was the right week to be work buried. Played a few more games and Im still having trouble breaking 100k. And whatever this dudes hand is doing to that controller was never going to happen. 

That's hyper tapping, haha. They mash the directions really fast fast (I think over 11 times per second) to get pieces over quicker.

Getting pieces over quicker means being able stack higher at the faster speeds which is a huge advantage. The young tappers influenced by Joseph are starting to dominate Tetris.