IGNORED

What are some fun, cheap GameCube games?

RH

Well I missed the boat.  Getting into GC collecting was kind of a low priority, but I have intended for years to build out my measly collection of about 8 games and replace the couple of Player's Choice copies I have.

And, of course, this year seems to have been the year for GC collecting.  I still want to collect for the GC, but I'm not looking to buy many games that are north of $20.  So, what games for the GC are actually good and worth buying that are currently $20 or less?

These can be exclusives or ports that are actually pretty good and cheaper than they might be on the PS2 or xbox.  Thanks for the advice guys.

If you've got the extra gear, Pac-Man Vs./Pac World 2 is a great multiplayer game with a Ok game bundled together. It should be around $15. Or you could just get the Vs. disc for under $10.

All these can be had for under $20 CIB, but he father down the list, the more hunting you'll likely have to do to get a good deal.

Second Sight

Robotech: Battlecry (if you're a Robotech fan)

Transworld Surf: Next Wave (good game made better by "Shark Tag" multiplayer)

James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing

Wave Race: Blue Storm

Soul Calibur II (if you're a LoZ fan)

Resident Evil 0

Resident Evil

Resident Evil 4 (only version I've ever played)

SSX 3

SSX Tricky (presented differently and not as good IMO, but it's synonymous with GC)

Freedom Fighters

Metal Arms: Glitch in the System

Battalion Wars

Metroid Prime

Soul Calibur II (if you're a LoZ fan)

Summoner: A Goddess Reborn

Puyo Pop Fever

Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour

NBA Street Vol. 2

Edited by Aguy
  • Thanks 1

Geist? Jesus even eternal darkness is up over $40 loose. All the first party Nintendo titles are stupid expensive and you are better off with the PS2 versions of the games. I’d probably steer clear of GC as a buyer at the moment. 

edit: here are the exclusives if you didn’t already have them:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:GameCube-only_games

Edited by a3quit4s

Sadly I can only think of one for under $20 and that's mega man network transmission. Very underrated mega man game imo. 

Well I guess a loose disk of mega man x collection, and a complete mega man anniversary count too but those are just games from other systems. 

You can get the first Monkey Ball for about $20 and its worth it. It's a little more than 20, but another game that is really good but isn't stupidly expensive considering it is a JRPG is Tales of Symphonia, which you can get for about $35. That's the price it was before the spike so I don't see it dropping any time soon.

39 minutes ago, KokiriChild said:

You can get the first Monkey Ball for about $20 and its worth it. It's a little more than 20, but another game that is really good but isn't stupidly expensive considering it is a JRPG is Tales of Symphonia, which you can get for about $35. That's the price it was before the spike so I don't see it dropping any time soon.

I actually do have that one.  I'm surprised it's not gone up in value over the years.

38 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Rogue Leader

Good call. I have Rebel Strike already.  I need to get that one, especially if it's about to skyrocket too.

Edited by RH

Wave Race isn't bad, though every time I play it, I feel like I'd be having more fun if I was playing the Nintendo 64 version instead.

Vexx is a decent 3D platformer.  It's cheaper on PS2, but I recall that version being considered inferior to the Gamecube and Xbox versions.

Not sure if anyone else has played Blowout, but I thought it was good for the price. 

Edit:

Few others climbing but may be worth a look if you can get a deal and I don’t think they were mentioned.

Viewtiful Joe

Rogue Squadron II

Battalion Wars

Metroid Prime

BloodRayne

Edited by DeuceGamer

Batman Begins

Burnout

Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex

Enter The Matrix

Fight Night: Round 2 (includes Super Punch-Out!! and Little Mac is an unlockable fighter)

Freedom Fighters

Gun

James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing

Major League Baseball 2K6 (has fewer glitches than other versions)

Metroid Prime 1 & 2

Namco Museum/Namco Museum 50th Anniversary

Need For Speed Underground, Most Wanted, and/or Carbon

Pac-Man World 2 (with or without Pac-Man Vs.)

Pinball Hall of Fame: The Gottlieb Collection

Prince of Persia (any of them)

Rampage: Total Destruction (allows up to four players, unlike the PS2 version)

Rayman Arena

Resident Evil 4

Second Sight

Smuggler's Run: Warzones

Sonic Mega Collection

Spyro: A Hero's Tail

SSX On Tour

Strike Force Bowling

Tetris Worlds (people complained about the "Easy Spin" making it unplayable, yet the GameCube version has the option to turn it off)

TMNT 2007 (alternatively, purchase the GBA version and play it using the Game Boy Player)

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell

True Crime: Streets of LA

Wave Race: Blue Storm

Wrestlemania X8, WWE Day of Reckoning

XIII

Edited by MegaMan52

2 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Is that why it's considerably more expensive than the others?  I went to sell a copy a little while ago and figured it would be a $3 game at most.  I was apparently way off.