IGNORED

Multigenre games

Tulpa

7 hours ago, MachineCode said:

Oh man, I LOVE Air Fortress. Such a cool and unique game that had so much potential. The sheer thrill of escaping the fortress before it blew up, with the lights out and the screen shaking as the end drew closer, was awesome. More enemy variety and some more music would have done wonders for it. I feel like the extra SNES power would have really helped that game realize its potential. What I wouldn't give for a solid sequel.

Haha great to see Air Fortress getting some love here. I never usually see anyone talking about that game, I thought maybe I was the only person who liked it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cj_robot said:

Haha great to see Air Fortress getting some love here. I never usually see anyone talking about that game, I thought maybe I was the only person who liked it. 

The real question is whether you guys get the double dose of nostalgia from the Air Fortress space man looking like the 80's Construx space man...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gaia Gensouki said:

@Tanooki

I think the Goemon/Mystical Ninja games may be worth considering for multigenre games. I have heard that especially some of the later games on the SNES get really crazy.

Ganbare Goemon 2 on SFC(SNES) did get nuts, it actually is like a 2D/Mode7 combination title in the style of Mystical Ninja on N64.  You have your usual side scrolling action, but then IMPACT comes into play for robot fights and they're done there first(not n64) in cockpit first person style doing a battle with a mode7 layout on there.

Getsu Fuma Den is another Konami game, but it only got released in Japan.  It has a translation patch, and I highly recommend it.  It's mostly side scrolling action game, but there are also first person dungeons with a cool battle mechanic and an overworld map to traverse.