IGNORED

WTB: Photos of NWC - [NO BOUNTY]

ThePhleo

38 minutes ago, Shmup said:

If you get a crypto virus there's a good chance it will spread to the hard drive if it's always plugged in. I suggest having it unplugged unless you're doing a backup.

Hmm, yeah those things are the one thing that keep me up at night.

I have an irrational fear of there being a “timed” version of those kind of viruses that basically wait months or even a year to manifest themselves.

• 2 weeks later...

I sense a disturbance and in the force, as if approximately 267 (well....subtract 26 for gold) Nintendo World Championship cartridges are still unaccounted for and people just don’t want my money to prove they exist.

Rare tendo tape pics in my DMs please. Will pay cash.

D471D053-0A12-4894-8819-D8BBC11EB4CE.thumb.jpeg.7e99fafdc29676132edcd4a29b32d2ef.jpeg

Edited by ThePhleo

I have been collecting photos of these whenever I have seen one since 2002.  I don't have any of the numbers you are missing, but I may have some photos you don't have.  Let me know the best way to get them to you, and if you get some new photos feel free to throw however much you feel is fair my way.

Edited by snesmaster

1 hour ago, Code Monkey said:

I was going to post that one when I saw Pat's video on it this morning. I figured someone would get to it before me. Pat shows a much closer photo of it in his video.

This one don’t count, I watch pats videos 😉 but thanks for keeping an eye out!

• Like 1

#105 coming up for auction. HA posts nice high resolution photos so may be worth grabbing the two they have posted. Wish I could see the top label. The back of WATA label also notes that a tab is broken. 

https://comics.ha.com/itm/video-games/nintendo-world-championships-1990-grey-wata-50-cart-nes-nintendo-1990-usa/p/7236-53004.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

13 hours ago, Xjwebb1982 said:

#105 coming up for auction. HA posts nice high resolution photos so may be worth grabbing the two they have posted. Wish I could see the top label. The back of WATA label also notes that a tab is broken. 

https://comics.ha.com/itm/video-games/nintendo-world-championships-1990-grey-wata-50-cart-nes-nintendo-1990-usa/p/7236-53004.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

I already got that one in my archive, but since you pointed it out to me I can give you the $10 bounty for the new angle photo.

Also, this cart has one strange, but funny picture associated with it. Some dude posed with the cart on his hairy nipple with it....keep this photo in mind, whoever buys it :V

0105.jpg.0e7f5adf73193bb57e386053ec5e4358.jpg

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

(Back office of NOA, circa 1990)

Guy 1: You know, one day this stack of 400 competition cassettes are going to be worth, I don't know, $5,000,000, maybe more. I should probably make one for my kids.

Guy 2: Haha. Yeah, right.... riiiiiight.

*laughs together*

Guy 1: Here comes Howard, act busy!

5 hours ago, RH said:

Guy 1: You know, one day this stack of 400 competition cassettes are going to be worth, I don't know, $5,000,000, maybe more. I should probably make one for my kids.

*laughs together*

400? Dude there’s only 90 EvEr mAdE....and they used random numbers starting from either #0001 to #0350 or #0400

1 hour ago, ThePhleo said:

400? Dude there’s only 90 EvEr mAdE....and they used random numbers starting from either #0001 to #0350 or #0400

Oh, ok. Just having fun. I wonder why they randomized them. Also, what is the source for that? Maybe it's close but not perfect. I find it hard to believe over 90% have been discovered. That's not challenging your work, or others, it just feels like probably a lot more of these might have been lost with time. 

7 hours ago, RH said:

Oh, ok. Just having fun. I wonder why they randomized them. Also, what is the source for that? Maybe it's close but not perfect. I find it hard to believe over 90% have been discovered. That's not challenging your work, or others, it just feels like probably a lot more of these might have been lost with time. 

Lol I make joke 😛 I just hate that number so much that I sort of adopt the persona of that which I’m trying to kill.

Theres definitely either 350 or 400. There’s no way 90%+ survived.

When we hit 91 I am still gonna include the “90” number in my %discovered chart.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, RH said:

*laughs together*

(Back off of Minnesota State Lottery, circa 1991)

Guy 1: One day this Minnesota State Lottery NES cartridge is going to be a priceless, legendary piece of video game history

Guy 2: Ben, this is why you work for the state lotto. You have a gambling problem and since you work here, you legally can't buy more tickets.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...