IGNORED

Was the Gamecube the final bastion for offline gaming?

ThePhleo

47 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Bioshock, Dragon Age, Portal 2, Fallout 3, Red Dead Redemption, Call of Duty 4, Left 4 Dead, Little Big Planet, Ass Creed 2, Tomb Raider, Uncharted 2, The Last of Us, GTA V, Mass effect, Skyrim...

Yeah this thread seems kind of weird, like trying to rewrite history and saying going online was the downfall of gaming leading to the dark age.

Look at that game list. fantastic era for gaming, felt like big game after big game month after month.  Playing online with friends that have moved away or making new friends through online forums and gaming with them was amazing.  And it was also the rise of indie/throwback games that just would have likely never been made or released without that online digital platform.  Maybe you had to be there, but it was an exciting time to be gaming.

But fox I haven't played a video game since 1994

Brah! How do you not know Dark Souls?

Edited by fox

57 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Lots of things changed.  Like Western devs - lots of them from the PC gaming scene - coming into the console scene and giving us hit after hit after hit.  The Japanese had been responsible for the majority of every* library's strongest hits before that.  Not that gen.

Bioshock, Dragon Age, Portal 2, Fallout 3, Red Dead Redemption, Call of Duty 4, Left 4 Dead, Little Big Planet, Ass Creed 2, Tomb Raider, Uncharted 2, The Last of Us, GTA V, Mass effect, Skyrim...

But Reed I don't like those games though!

Well, you're probably a grumpy old fart

Never thought about that. I don’t like any of those games.. I just discovered my unconscious bias against non-Japanese made games. Also getting grumpy 

6 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

But Reed I don't like those games though!

Well, you're probably a grumpy old fart

Ah yes, where would we be without Ass Creed 2?