IGNORED

Pepcoin: Because free money is free money.

RH

Do you use pepcoin?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use pepcoin?

• Yes!
    • No, and I don't intend too.
    • No, but I think I'll give it a try.
  2. 2. Who has better beverages?

• Pepsi (Right Answer)
    • Coca-Cola (Wrong Answer)
    • Generic is better than both! (What is wrong with you?!)

So, does anyone else enter the Pepcoin promo digits over at pepcoin.com?  When I first tried the program some time last year, I was quite agitated.  I bought a bag of chips, I entered the code and THEN found out I had something like 10 minutes to enter a matching code for a soda.  What a rip off... but after that if I ended up getting a bag of chips and a drink, I went back to enter my codes because, well, free money is free money!

If you are still not sure what I'm talking about, whether it's a bag of Lay's/Frito chips or a Pepsi-brand soda, they come with codes on them.  If you go and create an account at pepcoin.com, every code you enter gets you cash back.  No, seriously, literal cash back.  You accrue a balance and once you go over $1, they deposit it into your Paypal or Venmo account.  The payouts are pretty decent too.  I'm not sure how they are determined but I tend to get $.15-$.40 per item.

The really cool, recent changes are that they dropped the cash out rate from $2 to $1 and they also made it so that you DO NOT have to pair your drink or chips together.  My guess is they got a lot of complaints about that requirement and instead of nixing the entire system, they made it so you just upload the codes and reap the rewards.

I know it's gross, but I really wish I had my old job.  There were a lot of soda bottles in the recycle bins with these codes.  Back then, about 4 months ago, I could of racked up but since I wasn't willing to dig through trash for chip bags, I ignored them.  Now, I wish I kept all of those caps!

Used to do this with Marlboro miles rewards. I'd find cigarette packs on the ground and rip off the miles to give to my dad. Once he had enough points, he traded them in for various merchandise, sleeping bags, flashlights, mostly outdoor gear. Wound up with a whole bunch of free stuff, and nobody in my house smoked!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Kguillemette said:

Used to do this with Marlboro miles rewards. I'd find cigarette packs on the ground and rip off the miles to give to my dad. Once he had enough points, he traded them in for various merchandise, sleeping bags, flashlights, mostly outdoor gear. Wound up with a whole bunch of free stuff, and nobody in my house smoked!

Hahaha, yeah. Back in 2005, only in Georgia, Airtran had a promotion. You buy a large drink soda, and they had one reward point. For Airtran, 50 reward points equaled one, one-way ticket anywhere they flew. 200 points meant two, two-way tickets anywhere. Granted, Airtran is a regional airline but they fly all over the US and some of the Caribbean.

Anyway, I went to Wendy's and ordered to 200 large drinks for $1 each, and we had two tickets to the Bahamas!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ThePhleo said:

Sounds like an excuse to get you to buy more Pepsi products, and increase the price of goods and eventually drop the promotion all together.

Good if you already are a pepsi guy, but I'm not switching from Coke for pocket change.

I am. I make a weekly snack run. We've been doing it for ages and I'm a Diet Dew guy, while my wife likes the salt and vinegar chips.

I definitely don't think you should buy stuff for the promotions. But if you're going to buy it anyway, you might as well make use of it.

Eww.  I’m good.

I don’t always drink pop but when I do it’s Dr Pepper.  
Unless there’s booze in it.  Vodka and Fanta is the way to go.  I know what you’re thinking but I’ll just say it now Jack & Coke is crap.  Whisky is a shit liquor for dirty hipster doofuses.  I guess I like rum and coke.  But you should really be drinking your rum straight.

2 hours ago, Daniel_Doyce said:

Well, i guess high end Japanese whiskey was a thing about 5 years ago, but that's no shit liquor

Nope. Paying more for something doesn’t make it not shitty.  Turn down your fleet foxes vinyl and drop the organic non gmo gluten free bagel.  Your man bun must be tied to tight.  Or maybe you can’t properly taste it through your beard.   Hey look, you got some on your flannel shirt.  Umm...more hipster stereo types. 

• Haha 1

Administrator · Posted
On 7/24/2020 at 9:01 PM, Kguillemette said:

Same here, except I was a midnight busboy/dishwasher at Perkins.   Got enough over a summer for a poker set and some other stuff.   Had a few Camel dollars as well.

On 7/24/2020 at 9:17 PM, RH said:

Hahaha, yeah. Back in 2005, only in Georgia, Airtran had a promotion. You buy a large drink soda, and they had one reward point. For Airtran, 50 reward points equaled one, one-way ticket anywhere they flew. 200 points meant two, two-way tickets anywhere. Granted, Airtran is a regional airline but they fly all over the US and some of the Caribbean.

Anyway, I went to Wendy's and ordered to 200 large drinks for $1 each, and we had two tickets to the Bahamas!

That wasn't only in Georgia.   As far as I know it was at Wendy's nationwide, and they had people dumpster diving everywhere to get enough cups for a free flight.

I just bought mine on ebay for $20ish bucks I think.   I tried to get our local dumpster diver to get me enough, but he said that with as cold as it was outside all the cups and shit were frozen and they were hard to rip open.