Open Club  ·  41 members

Arcade Club
IGNORED

What kind of cab or cabs do you collect?

maxlords

I used to have an entire vintage arcade at one point.  I'll have to see if I can dig up some pics.   I don't have room for much so I just have a single Taito Egret 29 and a stack of boards and carts now.  All the buttons are Sanwas of course.  What do you play on? 

Sweet, Egret is an incredibly cool cab.

I have a New Astro City - used to own a standard wooden European jamma cab, but I sold it because I felt like having more than one cabinet would take up way too much useful space. Traded the real estate for a cupboard I could use to organize all my PCBs neatly, which has made switching out games much more relaxed.

Too bad I can't fit all my PCBs in that cupboard anymore.

• Like 1

I have a 4-player Quartet cabinet that has languished in my office for the last 8 years, or so, waiting for me to do a refurb 😛

I'll bring it home once I can finally clear up the space, and then I"ll be more likely to actually get the work done... (needs button upgrades -- original is a bunch of mostly-worn-out leaf switches)

At some point, I'd like to put in a switch-able harness/board to give it other 4-player games or a 2-player multi-board of some kind.

I also inherited an OLD pinball machine (1960's era version of 8-ball).  It needs a ton of work, but has a lot of sentimental value, so I'll make a project with the kids one day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nintegageo said:

The cabinets I own are cartridge-based ones - Neo Geo and Sega Titan. I own an Atomiswave board and some games however the cabinet is a real bitch to locate.

Nice!  I have a region free ST-V and a 1-slot for my cab as well as a huge stack of carts.  No Atomiswave though. There weren't many games I wanted to play on it.  All great units!

• 1 month later...

Hi guys!  Just joined the club.  I currently have an Outrun, Street Fighter II: World Warrior (i.e. plain old SFII), World Series: The Season, Atari Football, Donkey Kong Jr., a Neo Geo MVS 1-slot conversion, and a Pac-Man Arcade Party cocktail table that Namco of America made back in 2010.  I also have a pin in Bally Midway's Party Animal!

DK Jr and Atari Football are my newest acquisitions.  That stimulus check helped out with those two!  😁

MaxLords, awesome pics!  

• 3 months later...

My arcade is a mess right now. Too many projects. 
Here is the current working line up:

Punch-Out/Super Punch-Out (Switcher)
Arm-Wrestling
Playchoice 10 Double Screen with Gun
Playchoice 10 Counter Top
VS Red Tent
Battle Shark
Sea Wolf
Sea Raider
Elevator Action
Ghouls n Ghosts/Haunted Castle (Switcher}
MVS Goldie
Centipede
Asteroids
Road Blasters
Cadash (4 Player in Nintendo VS Corner Cab)
Star Wars Cockpit
Sinistar Cockpit
Donkey Kong/Donkey Kong Jr (Switcher)
Galaga
Ms PAC-Man (60 in 1 board)
Ultracade (Dragons Lair 1/2 and Space Ace 30 anniversary)
Pong Clone 4 player cocktail
Do Run Run/Mr Dos Wild Ride cocktail (switcher)
Super Cobra
Ring King
Midway Big Games (Piece of junk my kids like)

Projects:

Omega Race
Battlezone
Mr Do Universal Dedicated
Spy Hunter
Track n Field x2
Hyper Sports
Artic Cabaret x3
Stratovox
Fire Trap
Cloak and Dagger
Galaga (Building for friend)

Yes I have a problem

Edited by RpgCollector
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/8/2021 at 9:01 PM, Dr. Morbis said:

I didn't know we had an arcade club - just joined.  These are the games I have in my home arcade (all dedicated):

Lunar Lander
Ms. Pac-Man
Frogger
Zoo Keeper
Bank Panic
Universal Mr. Do!
Pro Monaco GP
Computer Space Ball
Looping
Space Invaders
Circa 1933 (Pinball)

Lunar Lander...

Zoo KEEPER!

Mr. FRICKIN' DO!

You have some of the KLOV hotness right there.  Mr. Do...man, if I could ever find one of those in the region at a reasonable price...

• Thanks 1

On 1/9/2021 at 1:35 AM, RpgCollector said:

My arcade is a mess right now. Too many projects. 
Here is the current working line up:

Punch-Out/Super Punch-Out (Switcher)
Arm-Wrestling
Playchoice 10 Double Screen with Gun
Playchoice 10 Counter Top
VS Red Tent
Battle Shark
Sea Wolf
Sea Raider
Elevator Action
Ghouls n Ghosts/Haunted Castle (Switcher}
MVS Goldie
Centipede
Asteroids
Road Blasters
Cadash (4 Player in Nintendo VS Corner Cab)
Star Wars Cockpit
Sinistar Cockpit
Donkey Kong/Donkey Kong Jr (Switcher)
Galaga
Ms PAC-Man (60 in 1 board)
Ultracade (Dragons Lair 1/2 and Space Ace 30 anniversary)
Pong Clone 4 player cocktail
Do Run Run/Mr Dos Wild Ride cocktail (switcher)
Super Cobra
Ring King
Midway Big Games (Piece of junk my kids like)

Projects:

Omega Race
Battlezone
Mr Do Universal Dedicated
Spy Hunter
Track n Field x2
Hyper Sports
Artic Cabaret x3
Stratovox
Fire Trap
Cloak and Dagger
Galaga (Building for friend)

Yes I have a problem

Awesome that you have an Arm Wrestling!  You don't see those very often.  Another KLOV hotness cab.  🙂

As you can tell from my avatar pic, Punch-Out!! is also on my "dream list" for future cab acquisitions.  Oh, and you can't go wrong with Track n Field...especially the cocktail/island version (like Atari Football...where you stand up to play!).

12 hours ago, Sumer said:

Lunar Lander...

Zoo KEEPER!

Mr. FRICKIN' DO!

You have some of the KLOV hotness right there.  Mr. Do...man, if I could ever find one of those in the region at a reasonable price...

I actually had to pay $800 (overpriced at the time) and drive like 8 hours round trip to pick up that dedicated Mr. Do! years ago, but it's the only one I've ever seen for sale in my province, before or since, so I think I made the right decision 🙂

• Wow! 1

• 1 year later...

My first arcade cab is a CPS-2, 2 player. I still have the A-Board mounted in it, and have a few different B-Boards. Children of the Atom, Marvel vs Capcom, Xmen vs Street Fighter, and Darkstalkers 2. Currently I'm running a Pandora's Box DX in it because I wanted to mess around with adding PS1 games to it. Playing NFL Blitz and Gauntlet Legends has been fun.

2nd, I bought a twin set of Daytona USA racers. They're a blast.

3rd, I bought a Time Crisis 2 double. The 2-player screen is in-op, currently searching for a 27in standard def tube. 1-player side works perfectly though.

4th, I got my first pinball machine. Data East TMNT. It gets some hate from pinball enthusiasts because it's relatively simple with a limited number of shots, but I enjoy it.

5th, a 3-player Ivan Stewart's Off Road. Been wanting one of these things forever.