IGNORED

PS1 Games - Underrated / Hidden Gems

Tekdrudge

10 hours ago, Gloves said:

Hah, nice try. Like I'm sharing a curated list of games that are going to go up in price in the next year or so.

I almost said the same thing, but at the end of the day, I can't resist the urge to talk about PS1 in an era where Nintendo still gets the most discussion time (and probably always will).  

12 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

The thing that I really enjoyed about V8 was that nearly everything in the environment could be destroyed, plus the mortar rounds put large craters in the ground that could damage your car.  Back then, environment damage was still pretty new and that type of stuff was really cool to me.  TW2 (the best TW game in my opinion) had a little of that, but not nearly what V8 had.

Of course, TW always had the better story line for each character.  

Both are great games but who didn’t lose their shot the first time you blew up the Eiffel Tower?

• Like 1

There's a few n my list, mostly mentioned here.
Silent Bomber tops my list, but apparently it's been noticed recently, judging by the absolutely outrageous prices. I'm also a big fan of Intelligent Qube and Devil Dice, as well as the almost completely ignored Puzzle Star Sweep.

Elemental Gearbolt was mentioned, but I feel like the Point Blank series was criminally ignored by gun game fans.  They are hilarious, challenging, and amazingly fun. 

I also love/hate the Reboot game because it has an unreleased episode on it, but it's not a great game.

For RPGs and strategy, definitely Sayuki Journey West gets ignored, as do Koudelka and Kartia imo.

On 7/20/2020 at 7:40 AM, 8bitdontquit said:

Not sure if it's a hidden gem,  but don't hear much mention of....... Wild 9.   

A friend of mine is a huge fan of that game and has been telling me I need to play it. I'll have to pick up a copy when I come across it.

• Like 1

Star Trek Invasion on the PS1 is a solid thing most wouldn't think of, it's kind of like Wing Commander while Micheal Dorn(Worf) basically narrates all the missions and in between stuff to you as your leader if I recall right.  Also the various PC to PS1 conversions from Blizzard (Diablo/Warcraft 2) and Bullfrog (Hi-Octane, Magic Carpet, Syndicate etc) are solid overlooked things to take a peek at as well.

On 7/22/2020 at 3:35 PM, Hammerfestus said:

Atlus released a racing game called Peak Performance. Kind of weird when I first noticed because it absolutely looks like 1 of a billion Ps1 racing games.  

I made this a long time ago.  This is actually the only meme I've ever created.  

Peak Performance.jpg

Edited by TDIRunner

• 3 months later...