IGNORED

Recommend: Scary/Horror Movies for 8 y/o

Aguy

Events Team · Posted

My 10 year old absolutely refuses to watch scary movies.  We did get him into Gremlins and I thought he was gonna have a hard time but he liked.  Be prepared to have the Santa Claus talk. (Billy talks about the time he learned Santa isn't real.) 

I'd suggest Saturday the 14th.  Pretty hokey but has a good sense of humor and a slight sense of impending fear but nothing really scary.  He also really enjoyed Monster Squad.  Great humor and same sense of impending fear but not actually scary.

10 hours ago, Jfreakofkorn said:

How about an odd ball one , ernest scared stup*d

I came on to suggest this - Ernest Scared Stupid, and also Little Monsters.  I loooovvved Little Monsters as a kid.

For those suggesting things like Final Destination - maybe rethink how gruesome some of those deaths are lol.  8 is a very impressionable age.

43 minutes ago, Daniel_Doyce said:

Night of the Hunter is a Charles Laughton directed classic (well, the Charles Laughton directed classic) and the story mostly focuses on two children. Even if you haven't seen it, you will recognize some tropes from it, like the LOVE/HATE knuckles on Robert Mitchum.

This image from that film is still creepy to this day:

365491767_download(51).jpeg.865d8004daa99950ec4987bf9bacf250.jpeg

6 hours ago, Tabonga said:

This might work:

IIRC (been a long time since I watched it) the deaths are not terribly graphic - meant to be humorous/goofy.  

Wow, no wonder so many people are afraid of and/or don't like clowns.  Shoot clowns is often use as an insult. 😞   I wonder what the Shriners clowns would have to say about that? 😞