IGNORED

Ennio Morricone 10 November 1928 – 6 July 2020

1 hour ago, PII said:

I just saw "Once Upon A Time In The West" for the first time a few months ago.  That theme is goose-bump city all the way through.  Here is one of my favs.

The music for Once Upon a Time in the West was Great. I think that might be a better movie than "The Good Bad and the Ugly."

I know you guys are talking about music, but I have an interesting tangent for you. Did you know For a Few Dollars More was almost an exact copy of the plot of a Kurosawa film? It's either Yojimbo or Sanjuro (I always get them confused.) And then the plot was used again in Last Man Standing with Bruce Willis and Christopher Walken. All three are good imo.

Edited by Californication
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Californication said:

The music for Once Upon a Time in the West was Great. I think that might be a better movie than "The Good Bad and the Ugly."

I know you guys are talking about music, but I have an interesting tangent for you. Did you know For a Few Dollars More was almost an exact copy of the plot of a Kurosawa film? It's either Yojimbo or Sanjuro (I always get them confused.) And then the plot was used again in Last Man Standing with Bruce Willis and Christopher Walken. All three are good imo.

It's actually "A Fistful Of Dollars" that copies the plot of Yojimbo w/the Stranger in town who positions himself between the two waring families.  I haven't seen Last Man standing though.

Just for shits and giggles, here's a tangent upon a tangent:  The plot of the Kurosawa film "Ran" was acquired from Shakespeare's "King Lear."  Both deal with a monarch in his dotage who, due to senility, makes decisions concerning succession in regard to his 3 offspring which prove to be horribly destructive to the realm.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PII said:

It's actually "A Fistful Of Dollars" that copies the plot of Yojimbo w/the Stranger in town who positions himself between the two waring families.  I haven't seen Last Man standing though.

Just for shits and giggles, here's a tangent upon a tangent:  The plot of the Kurosawa film "Ran" was acquired from Shakespeare's "King Lear."  Both deal with a monarch in his dotage who, due to senility, makes decisions concerning succession in regard to his 3 offspring which prove to be horribly destructive to the realm.

That's right. Now this one isn't 1:1 like the other movies, but I think that Mel Gibson movie Ransom took like half the plot from High and Low.

• Like 1